Current Events Establishing why Luffy will end up beating Kaido in a 1 on 1

Do you agree ?

• Total voters
All good points Bogard. Would I like for it to happen? Sure I do.. at EOS. The issue I have is if Luffy 1 v 1s Kaido cleanly, that essentially means hes better than Kaido. The world's strongest creature. Where does he go from there? Like sure he can improve his DF and perhaps awaken but if he beats the best then whos to stop Luffy? We still need our MC to go through hard fights and continue to grow from them otherwise its boring.

Also whats considered a 1 v 1 to everyone here? If Zoro gets a nasty cut on Kaido, can we say that Luffy still will 1 v 1 Kaido? Zoro would have applied nasty damage and Luffy would take advantage of that. Just like Law did his attack to Doflamingo which weakened him for Luffy. Or Luffy using Brulee to get in and out of mirror world. Katakuri injuring himself. I get Luffy hardly ever has clean 1 v 1s but I dont think he'll get that with Kaido either.

I mean Luffy vs Kaido 1v1 is something Oda must have been planning for years, it's something special

The others in the team Especially Law will have their shine against Kaido, but eventually I'm pretty sure Luffy will be the Last one standing and will serve the final blow

Don't know how many rounds it will take though and how many Ls we will witness before they finally win, so get ready everyone :robinsweat:

Will receive some good blows to her head which make her revert back to O-lin state permanently
:kayneshrug:
This is how Nami will get Zeus and Prometheus imo. I wonder what will happen to Napoleon though? Maybe Brook can get him as a powerup (if Napoleon can shrink his size). He’d be a lot better than Brook’s cane sword which likely isn’t even a meito

I can't see Luffy going 1 vs 1 against Kaido and winning even with all the training he has done. It would heavily kill the hype that Kaido has so far. The NW Saga is all about alliances and we are seeing a culmination of that right now.

It needs to be a team effort to solidify the Worst Generation threat and dominance in the NW to take down Kaido. If Luffy solo's Kaido, then I expect an easy fight with an admiral and the other yonko. The anticipation for those fights will be dull.

This is how Nami will get Zeus and Prometheus imo. I wonder what will happen to Napoleon though? Maybe Brook can get him as a powerup (if Napoleon can shrink his size). He’d be a lot better than Brook’s cane sword which likely isn’t even a meito
Yeah Nami will definitely get Zeus and Prometheus. O-lin probably doesn't even know they exist or she doesn't care, tbh. Napoleon already showed how he would deal with it, he's pretty much going with the flow and would just accept it.

That Amnesia plotline is definitely coming back

Oda needs to keep Big mom alive for Nami to use her souls, but also take her out of the PK race, so this is a good solution for him.

She ain't dying this arc

Chapter 1000 showed us a close range Ryou attack, Luffy still got long ranged ones lol
People have reading problems. That was not Ryou. Luffy clearly trained Ryou not to "touch" opponent. The only contact we've seen him make with Ryou is with handcuffs, but that's to remove them, not destroy them.

Oda went out of his way to show us Roger and Whitebeard "not touching". Ryou is an extension of your fist, so you should not touch their skin.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
As title says, although the fight between Yonko vs Worstgen is starting in a 2 vs 5 right now, i think that Luffy will ultimately end up fighting Kaido in a one on one. To illustrate this, i'd take the example of dressrosa which started in a group battle, but Luffy ending up fighting Doffy in a one-on-one

Now let's talk about the reasons:

1- First of all, before the arc even started, Oda was already hyping up Luffy as a future 5th emperor of the seas

This suggest imo that Luffy should come out of the Wano arc as a powerhouse recognized on a similar threat level to that of an emperor

2- Before the arc started once again, Shanks was already suggesting that the time to meet Luffy was close, and that was before Luffy's udon training that made him much stronger

And while we're still in the Wano arc, Oda implied that Shanks is about to move

Which further suggest the time for their meeting is coming closer, a meeting that Shanks only wanted to happen when Luffy would be recognized as a great pirate(yonko)

This could once again only happen if Luffy comes out of the arc recognized as a yonko level threat

3- In the One Piece newspaper vol2 translated by Sandman, Oda pointed out that when Kaido was introduced(shortly after Doflamingo's defeat), he didn't think Luffy could defeat such a strong character yet.

The yet is important here, because it means Oda was already thinking back then about ways for Luffy to defeat him, and since then, Luffy learned new tricks like future sight from his battle with Katakuri, allowing him to predict things in advance, and level3 hardening on his way to learn level2, allowing him to bypass Kaido's durability even with a gear3 attack and thus his way not to make Kaido's defeat appear just because Luffy's punch is so strong. By giving him future sight, and level 3 hardening, it granted to Luffy new tricks that Oda thought in his mind could make Kaido's defeat satisfying for the reader

4- In his introduction, Kaido's main theme was resolving around the fact that you always have to bet on him in a 1 on 1 fight

And we know Oda always love to make Luffy destroy legendary myths like he did with Katakuri's track-record

This is why imo, Oda would at one point make Luffy fight Kaido in a 1 on 1, beat him and destroy this myth around always betting on Kaido in a 1 on 1

5- In the latest chapter, Oda decided for Luffy to be the one to carry the burden of Oden and his retainers in order to save Wano infront of the yonko

Which imo will lead to Luffy being recognized as the savior of Wano

Thanks for reading :optimistic:

@Luslec @Noctis @Gol D. Roger
@Topi Jerami @Shanks @comrade @Sentinel @Nidai_Kitetsu @playa4321
@zorojurou @Chrono @Monkey D. Luffy @Liquidhate @Luthon @Kiwipom @Finalbeta @Bounty @Fist_Of_Love @JazzMazz @djiayebee @Red Dog @Greenbeard @Erkan12 @Reborn @Usopp Haoshoku Haki @Shiroyru @JerAx @AL sama @Ganja userr @IceWitch @Yo Tan Wa @DarkWitch @KINGKONGGUN15 @Murilo @Ravagerblade @K!NG HARA$H!MA @Blackflamesanji @KiriNigiri @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @silverfire @Isaac Netero @Reign @Rokayder @dirtyLarry @nieuh @Sadistic Senpai @Ryuarashi @Sakura no Hiluluk @spitles @EBRAHEM.EMADI @Ichiro Miyata @Garps tekkai @Shanks Joestar @Awayeah @Frayz @XGoldrogeRX @Irregular @Rmstorm @Nouryoku @OnePieceFanGirl @nemo @Gintoki @sidestreetboy @The White Crane @Veku @Date @Shadowlogia @Guiding_Thunder @Akai2 @Venom @kurohime @SDfear @HexBozoline @SilentReader @Neox @Waldo @Luffy is the mc @Baluzi @Bil02 @Dream @Dark Admiral @BangMi @ShanksDXebec @Emperor @Steven @uyuu @Jo_Ndule @Rolling nut @Alter @Mohammad211 @chaitju @Godusopp @Silver @dcarp11 @Hanzo hattori @Jose92 @Clickbait @Parker @Zoro D Goat @Esc @Kucing Pencuri @eluwina @Flower @Perun @jmena @llama @M944 @Orojackson Refugee @Tokiro Oumaga @yvg @Akuma_Law @LuffyMazino @Big D. Kaios @Natalija @kentasaiba @Veljko2000 @SinOfGreed @Igor_akainu_redog @WesMidnight @MugiwaraMaster @Midnight Delight @Kafkananta @Celestial D. Dragon @Momoheechulkabe9000 @Hades @WorstMan @Real94 @Amparezy @Sigran101 @Tobi @ArabianLuffy @kuzanhandsome @Phantaminum @RJO @Kaidodragon @PurpleSwordsman @solis @ShinichiMugi @Kami Eneru @Akaymennnn2 @Blother @Sakazuki-Singh @Zem @Rekien @majorel6 @Hercule @ReggieZoldyck21 @BaboonMihawk @spawn @Croci @Shift @ErionRoronoa @Staz @Excelsion @İsrafil @Lady coffee @hedera__helix @Rouk @rerere @Green_Shanks @AdmiralKinyagi @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Xlaw @Real Go D. Usopp @Oblivion @djnhsly @pastorlul @admiralfanboy69420 @Oda Junior @Raughtale @Vicks Nosferatu @Gold Roger @EnlightenedAfromarco @korobokkuru @Ban Midou @Gyro1987 @SwordCHAD @imacub @Patapujuro @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @Tai long @novaselinenever @PerfectHie @zervius @Maupp @BerserkD @Lindltaylor @Smileyman @Salah WG @Missy @Sslayer @RobberToe9 @Jet Pistol @Capori
No!!

Neither of your arguments indicate Luffy will defeat Kaido one vs one.

1)Luffy will come out of wano at near yonkou level threat but it won't be because he will defeat Kaido but because everyone else will think

• Worst gen members have allied under Luffy's leadership
  • Luffy along with having Grandfleet would also have Wano (strong samurais as Navy sees it) and zou as territory and allies.

Being a yonkou isn't just about beating another yonkou but also about getting territories and allies in New World.

2)Oda's hype that shanks will move in 2021 doesn't equate to Luffy being great pirate. It's too early. Luffy never declared that he will be a yonkou but PK.

Shanks could move for many other reasons like BB or the pirate against whom he went bitching to Gorosei

3) It's correct that earlier oda didn't know how luffy will defeat Kaido but again this doesn't equate to that luffy will beat kaido one vs one.

The answer to this could also be that oda found team work of worst gen as viable way out with Luffy ofcourse dealing most damage and finishing the fight.

4)Oda also established Kaido as World Strongest Creature and so-called World Strongest Pirate.

Are you telling me that Oda will let luffy defeat the strongest pirate one vs one even before Pk war and that too in his first fight against Yonkou? Not happening

This also doesn't make sense when oda made kaido one shot G4 luffy in wano itself.

From one shot to defeating Kaido one vs one in same arc won't happen

5)Yes Luffy has been portrayed as carrying wano's burden but again it doesn't equate to luffy will defeat Kaido one vs one.

Kaido would be a team work. Worst gen will take him out and that's the basic narrative of wano.

That's the prophecy.

That's what oden anticipated 20 years ago.

Last edited:
K

Kaido D. Stronger

As I said, Luffy must have at least 80% of the strength of kaido to be able to face him, below that is an average difficulty for the base of kaido.
If we consider that Luffy's evolutionary process has stopped, and that in this fight he will only show everything he has and learned, considering him superior to Kaido and 1x1, Luffy did not need help on the roof.
I mean, kaido can be 100% while luffy 110% being stronger, plus someone who needs support, help and attack combined with other (probably) allies, is not necessarily the portrait of someone the author wants to convey that he really is. better than your enemy.

At the moment when ODA made 5 people climb to the roof, he denied luffy being stronger than KAIDO in 1x1.
He has denied this to WANO intera, that luffy would need allies, that everyone wanted kaido, and that it would be a group battle, luffy never tried to go solo, he always said: "I need to join the others", never denied the possibility of receiving help from zoro, sanji and jimbei who wanted to go to the roof, said nothing to kid, law.

People have reading problems. That was not Ryou. Luffy clearly trained Ryou not to "touch" opponent. The only contact we've seen him make with Ryou is with handcuffs, but that's to remove them, not destroy them.

Oda went out of his way to show us Roger and Whitebeard "not touching". Ryou is an extension of your fist, so you should not touch their skin.
He hurt Kaido. Thats Flow.

Oda went out of his way to show us that non Flow attacks do not effect Kaido.

So im not even sure what you saying right now lol.

Bogard

You can't win
All good points Bogard. Would I like for it to happen? Sure I do.. at EOS. The issue I have is if Luffy 1 v 1s Kaido cleanly, that essentially means hes better than Kaido. The world's strongest creature. Where does he go from there? Like sure he can improve his DF and perhaps awaken but if he beats the best then whos to stop Luffy? We still need our MC to go through hard fights and continue to grow from them otherwise its boring.
You're mistaking here. My point wasn't that Luffy would get a clean 1vs1 win, but rather that at some point, the fight will turn in a 1 on 1 between Luffy and Kaido, but the group effort battle will serve to weaken Kaido

It'd be Oda's way to make Luffy's victory over Kaido ambiguous, while at the same time establishing him as a powerhouse comparable to yonkos by the end of the arc. So even by the end of the arc, Luffy could overall still be weaker than Kaido, but at the same time recognized as a yonko level threat through the feat of destroying Kaido's 1 on 1 myth. That was my point

Also whats considered a 1 v 1 to everyone here? If Zoro gets a nasty cut on Kaido, can we say that Luffy still will 1 v 1 Kaido? Zoro would have applied nasty damage and Luffy would take advantage of that. Just like Law did his attack to Doflamingo which weakened him for Luffy. Or Luffy using Brulee to get in and out of mirror world. Katakuri injuring himself. I get Luffy hardly ever has clean 1 v 1s but I dont think he'll get that with Kaido either.
A 1 on 1 win, is a win that happens after a 1 on 1 fight, not that complicated. The circumstances are something else. As mentioned above, i do believe Kaido's accumulated damage from the scabbards and whatever the group effort of the SNs will contribute in will kick in and help Luffy win, as a way for Oda to show that Luffy wasn't actually stronger than Kaido, but at the same time establishing Luffy as a yonko level threat by destroying his 1 on 1 myth(even if against a weakened Kaido)

Kaido is the strongest living creature right now, even stronger than Shanks based on rumours, so Luffy not exactly ending up the arc as stronger than him, but showing he can fight on comparative level and actually beat him in a 1 on 1(albeit weakened) could be enough for the observers to view Luffy as a yonko level threat

This way it would also help to make a battle with another top tier like Big Mom or Akainu(eventhough i don't think he is Luffy's fight) debatable for the readers who expect them to fight

Furthermore, Blackbeard is guaranteed to evolve on a higher echelon than Kaido if he isn't already, and Imu is another mystery, so even after Kaido, Luffy will still have a way to go against them, which is why imo there will be no issue for Oda to make Luffy defeat Kaido in a 1 on 1, while establishing Luffy as a yonko level threat at the same time, considering the Kaido he'd fight at that point wouldn't be at his maximum capacity from being weakened by the group effort of the SNs, while at the same time leaving some room for Luffy to grow for EOS, that Oda implied to be happening very soon

Indeed, it's not like we're still at the beginning of the manga. We're very close to EOS according to Oda, another reason why Luffy ending up the arc as a perceived yonko level threat makes sense

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
You're mistaking here. My point wasn't that Luffy would get a clean 1vs1 win, but rather that at some point, the fight will turn in a 1 on 1 between Luffy and Kaido, but the group effort battle will serve to weaken Kaido

It'd be Oda's way to make Luffy's victory over Kaido ambiguous, while at the same time establishing him as a powerhouse comparable to yonkos by the end of the arc. So even by the end of the arc, Luffy could overall still be weaker than Kaido, but at the same time recognized as a yonko level threat through the feat of destroying Kaido's 1 on 1 myth. That was my point

A 1 on 1 win, is a win that happens after a 1 on 1 fight, not that complicated. The circumstances are something else. As mentioned above, i do believe Kaido's accumulated damage from the scabbards and whatever the group effort of the SNs will contribute in will kick in and help Luffy win, as a way for Oda to show that Luffy wasn't actually stronger than Kaido, but at the same time establishing Luffy as a yonko level threat by destroying his 1 on 1 myth(even if against a weakened Kaido)

Kaido is the strongest living creature right now, even stronger than Shanks based on rumours, so Luffy not exactly ending up the arc as stronger than him, but showing he can fight on comparative level and actually beat him in a 1 on 1(albeit weakened) could be enough for the observers to view Luffy as a yonko level threat

This way it would also help to make a battle with another top tier like Big Mom or Akainu(eventhough i don't think he is Luffy's fight) debatable for the readers who expect them to fight

Furthermore, Blackbeard is guaranteed to evolve on a higher echelon than Kaido if he isn't already, and Imu is another mystery, so even after Kaido, Luffy will still have a way to go against them, which is why imo there will be no issue for Oda to make Luffy defeat Kaido in a 1 on 1, while establishing Luffy as a yonko level threat at the same time, considering the Kaido he'd fight at that point wouldn't be at his maximum capacity from being weakened by the group effort of the SNs, while at the same time leaving some room for Luffy to grow for EOS, that Oda implied to be happening very soon

Indeed, it's not like we're still at the beginning of the manga. We're very close to EOS according to Oda, another reason why Luffy ending up the arc as a perceived yonko level threat makes sense
Do you expect the other Supernova to be defeated?
How do you figure Big Mom plays into this? She also wants to kill Luffy, and Luffy has preexisting conflicts with her.

Wano is not like Alabasta or Dressrosa with one sole clear antagonist. I'm not sure how well the story can accommodate a dedicated 1 vs 1 between Luffy and Kaido to resolve things.

Furthermore, for this battle specifically, the narrative is about the Supernova beating the Yonkou, not just Luffy defeating Kaido. That's not the prophecy being prescribed.