Manga Discussion Fairy Tail

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
If its the one I'm thinking of, I'm really disappointed with Capricorn, spoilers but he never does anything important, Gemini barely does anything too as far as I remember.

Kinda makes me think of the rogue/rebellious Zanpakutou spirits arc in Bleach which I really enjoyed too though.

Filler?! How dare you my good associate! This is premium, sophisticated, high quality, avant garde, grade A, nuanced content! :afrokappa::kappa:

:catpole::madmonk:

All of you have made me extremely happy with these comments, no lie! I couldn't ask for better!

Me reading these comments:

Juvia, Gildarts and Erza are my absolutely faves but I like Wendy, Gray Loke, Laxus, Lucy, Aquarius, Aries, Virgo, Makaro, Mirajane, Elfmann, Lisanna etc. Most of the FT guild basically ofc lmao.

Also Silver is GOATED but the less you know @Jaguark101 the better! Hes one of my favourite characters ever and has such an AWESOME 80s blues rock electric guitar theme! Very Gary Moore or David Gilmour or something! Avoid the comments due to major spoilers ofc!:

I really enjoyed the Starry Heavens arc, some of the best filler I've seen. Thats the one where Jude dies right? Lucy's father? With Lucy's doll as the villain or so too? Lucy and Erza had some of the best writing I've ever seen in the series and other series too, as much of a lovable horny bastard as he is (like us or me at least lmfao), Mashima really wrote his female characters with respect too imo!

That filler arc genuinely made me cry as well as some stuff with Erza and Lucy too, which I'm not sure you've seen yet but involves Jellal and Aquarius for them independently ofc
Yeah that's the arc! I really loved it, Lucy and Michelle's friendship was sweet and the overall arc it self was a great mystery with the various clock parts and the return of oricon seis and the 2nd opening to the arc is one of my favs

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah that's the arc! I really loved it, Lucy and Michelle's friendship was sweet and the overall arc it self was a great mystery with the various clock parts and the return of oricon seis and the 2nd opening to the arc is one of my favs
OMFG, the NOSTALGIA! I completely concur too about Lucy and Michelle, the mystery, clock parts and such. I loved those aspects, it was such a passionate, well made arc, it felt canon easily, like Mashima wanted this be part of the main story! People love to trash talk filler arcs but Bleach especially and FT had some really good ones imo, I even enjoyed some of the ones they hated like the Bounto/Bounts in Bleach lol.

Maaaaaan, seeing all those characters, Kinana and Cobra, Mest and that other council guy, Michelle, the return of Oracon Seis (probably best villain group in FT I would say), that weird Minecraft-looking dinosaur character with explosive magic if I remember right? This arc wa sso freaking good and layered, its hard to believe it was filler when it feels like a main canon arc and competes with them easily imo!

Also you just reminded me of this ED from that arc which I used to LOVE!

Lucy has such a fucking tragic character arc in the series including this filler arc. It's only gonna get worse too I'm afraid, same for Gray and Erza too IIRC. FT loves its heartwrenching and thus heartfelt, emotional moments and there are some BRUTAL moments yet to come, shit will really turn up to 11 later!

I'm really curious and excited to how you're gonna react to and feel about certain major plot twists, characters, reveals, moments and such later on. There's gonna be some MAJOR throwbacks too without giving too much away either ofc! I really feel Fairy Tail still gets too much hate and is underestimated a lot, Hori barely took any breaks ever with Fairy Tail and wa/iss pumping out multiple series/spin-offs to this day too!

He kinda reminds of Kubo somewhat, Mashima definitely is heavily and thus blatantly inspired by working as Oda's assistant too and I just genuinely love how Heartfilia I mean Heartfelt Fairy Tail is, how unapologetic it is with friendship, bonds, emotions, being vulnerable and sad and such. It reminds me of peak One Piece or even current One Piece still too of course.

I love Fairy Tail so much tbh. You're actually helping me to remember just how much too hahahaha! Thats not even factoring how much I love the settings, the art style, the characters, the magic, the GODLY music, the voice acting and such too!

These are some of my favourite moments that really sold me on the series and made me fall in love with it too:

Shanks vs Evil Fujitora/Blackbeard:

I forgot you've seen this story arc and thus these reveals and twists, one of the most poignant, beautiful and saddest storylines and moments I've ever seen in any series too:

RIP Future Lucy man....

There is MUCH more sadness coming for Lucy and even Gray, Erza and Natsu too, I can't help mentioning it but be prepared, that's all I can say. There's also something with Gajeel and Levy too. Hori really goes savage in the next few arcs to the end...

I know I shouldn't even say this much as you've not seen the arcs yet ofc but man, just remembering what happens in them is utterly heartbreaking lol. I compare it to some of the most emotional parts of other series including OP, its on the same level as them imo especially certain ones.

:mrgo::risitasad::shame::pepemotion::peperain::perocry:

I'm getting so emotional/teary eyed right now genuinely hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaguark101

‎‎
OMFG, the NOSTALGIA! I completely concur too about Lucy and Michelle, the mystery, clock parts and such. I loved those aspects, it was such a passionate, well made arc, it felt canon easily, like Mashima wanted this be part of the main story! People love to trash talk filler arcs but Bleach especially and FT had some really good ones imo, I even enjoyed some of the ones they hated like the Bounto/Bounts in Bleach lol.

Maaaaaan, seeing all those characters, Kinana and Cobra, Mest and that other council guy, Michelle, the return of Oracon Seis (probably best villain group in FT I would say), that weird Minecraft-looking dinosaur character with explosive magic if I remember right? This arc wa sso freaking good and layered, its hard to believe it was filler when it feels like a main canon arc and competes with them easily imo!

Also you just reminded me of this ED from that arc which I used to LOVE!

Lucy has such a fucking tragic character arc in the series including this filler arc. It's only gonna get worse too I'm afraid, same for Gray and Erza too IIRC. FT loves its heartwrenching and thus heartfelt, emotional moments and there are some BRUTAL moments yet to come, shit will really turn up to 11 later!

I'm really curious and excited to how you're gonna react to and feel about certain major plot twists, characters, reveals, moments and such later on. There's gonna be some MAJOR throwbacks too without giving too much away either ofc! I really feel Fairy Tail still gets too much hate and is underestimated a lot, Hori barely took any breaks ever with Fairy Tail and wa/iss pumping out multiple series/spin-offs to this day too!

He kinda reminds of Kubo somewhat, Mashima definitely is heavily and thus blatantly inspired by working as Oda's assistant too and I just genuinely love how Heartfilia I mean Heartfelt Fairy Tail is, how unapologetic it is with friendship, bonds, emotions, being vulnerable and sad and such. It reminds me of peak One Piece or even current One Piece still too of course.

I love Fairy Tail so much tbh. You're actually helping me to remember just how much too hahahaha! Thats not even factoring how much I love the settings, the art style, the characters, the magic, the GODLY music, the voice acting and such too!

These are some of my favourite moments that really sold me on the series and made me fall in love with it too:

I forgot you've seen this story arc and thus these reveals and twists, one of the most poignant, beautiful and saddest storylines and moments I've ever seen in any series too:

RIP Future Lucy man....

There is MUCH more sadness coming for Lucy and even Gray, Erza and Natsu too, I can't help mentioning it but be prepared, that's all I can say. There's also something with Gajeel and Levy too. Hori really goes savage in the next few arcs to the end...

I know I shouldn't even say this much as you've not seen the arcs yet ofc but man, just remembering what happens in them is utterly heartbreaking lol. I compare it to some of the most emotional parts of other series including OP, its on the same level as them imo especially certain ones.

:mrgo::risitasad::shame::pepemotion::peperain::perocry:

I'm getting so emotional/teary eyed right now genuinely hahaha.
I love Ending 11! The song is great as well as the visuals! If I recall the arc is actually canon!! I believe they even refer to it as the zentopia incident in the manga later on.

I actually really respect Mashima's work ethic. Dude hardly takes breaks and just pumps out chapters for Edens zero (really great and underrated) and Fairy Tail 100 Year quest (Really looking forward to reading it). Dude is extremely successful in getting his projects made into anime's.
The future Lucy stuff was extremely sad but the ending in the golden fields was bittersweet and perfect. :josad::catcry:
Hopefully Mashima gives more development to the Natsu/Lucy Pairing :pepeshy:

G

Gorosei Informer

I love Ending 11! The song is great as well as the visuals! If I recall the arc is actually canon!! I believe they even refer to it as the zentopia incident in the manga later on.

I actually really respect Mashima's work ethic. Dude hardly takes breaks and just pumps out chapters for Edens zero (really great and underrated) and Fairy Tail 100 Year quest (Really looking forward to reading it). Dude is extremely successful in getting his projects made into anime's.
The future Lucy stuff was extremely sad but the ending in the golden fields was bittersweet and perfect. :josad::catcry:
Hopefully Mashima gives more development to the Natsu/Lucy Pairing :pepeshy:
Ah yeah I remember them mentioning Zentopia, you're completely right! That does help canonise it too ofc! Thats a throwback, man....

Yeah, Mashima is the very definition of working hard but too hard but still achieving/accomplishing a LOT too!

Right?! The golden fields were so perfect, such a pictureqesue, poetic and beautiful way to end her storyline. So very bittersweet as you said.

And regarding NaLu (not to be confused with Nami and Luffy hahaha), its funny you should wish/ask that...I even was reminded of a certain moment earlier whilst looking for clips to post and the one I'm thinking of is VERY strong for them but also from the final arc, very near to the end of the series so MASSIVE spoilers ofc! Absolutely gamechanging spoilers that I cannot let you be spoiled on naturally!

But yes, don't you worry about Natsu and Lucy, that's all I'm saying!

:beanmean::doffyou::pepebusi::pepeshy:

:fransuper:
:cheers::kata::rosismile::jackaugh:

Jaguark101

‎‎
@Steven @Cross_Marian

Finished watching the Tartaros arc! Overall score for the arc is 4/5.
I really dug Lucy this arc, she along with Gray and Wendy were the MVP's of the arc, I also really loved Silver's character and his devil slayer magic is extremely cool! I'm glad Gray got such a good power up.

As for the villains this arc, they were alright. Mard Greer was OK... his design and powers were cool but I think I prefer Hades more. I was quite surprised that Gray was the one who got to defeat him in the end considering that Natsu usually defeats the main villain so it was a nice surprise for Gray to do it.

Acnologia showing up out of the blue was great! He had such a presence when he arrived, great build up. His fight against Igneel was cool and seeing the other dragons finally was great.

Makarov disbanding the guild and everyone going their own way was surprising! Natsu left Lucy and went on his own!! He should have taken her especially after with what happened with Aquarius etc. And finally Natsu is E.N.D!! So many questions raised lol. Gonna start Zero next

Updated arc ranking:
Key to the Starry Heavens
Tartaros
Edolas
Tenrou Island
Grand Magic Games
Fantasia
Tower of heaven
Phantom lord

@Steven @Cross_Marian

Finished watching the Tartaros arc! Overall score for the arc is 4/5.
I really dug Lucy this arc, she along with Gray and Wendy were the MVP's of the arc, I also really loved Silver's character and his devil slayer magic is extremely cool! I'm glad Gray got such a good power up.

As for the villains this arc, they were alright. Mard Greer was OK... his design and powers were cool but I think I prefer Hades more. I was quite surprised that Gray was the one who got to defeat him in the end considering that Natsu usually defeats the main villain so it was a nice surprise for Gray to do it.

Acnologia showing up out of the blue was great! He had such a presence when he arrived, great build up. His fight against Igneel was cool and seeing the other dragons finally was great.

Makarov disbanding the guild and everyone going their own way was surprising! Natsu left Lucy and went on his own!! He should have taken her especially after with what happened with Aquarius etc. And finally Natsu is E.N.D!! So many questions raised lol. Gonna start Zero next

Updated arc ranking:
Key to the Starry Heavens
Tartaros
Edolas
Tenrou Island
Grand Magic Games
Fantasia
Tower of heaven
Phantom lord
Perfect summary. I agree with everything
:owo: