Who will win the World Cup 2022 in Qatar?

• Argentina

Votes: 53 57.0%
  • France

Votes: 40 43.0%

• Total voters
He is promising and on the right track, but he sorely needs to leave PSG if he wants to be THE greatest.
I agree. CR7 and Messi completely changed the criteria IMO. You cant just be on that level by being only a 7 match world cup wonder. Thats why I mentioned Inter Milan while talking about R9, the phenomenon did it for both club and country. Mbappe needs to get club success.

Best final ever could not have been a better final to a world cup

congrats to messi he deserves it after that career of his cemented himself as the best of all time

but mbappe man i cheered for france he was on demon time he has been nothing but phenomenal this cup but after this he cemented himself as my favorite of all time, he has a bright future i don’t know about surpassing messi but i can see him surpassing all others and becoming the second best

this is a phenomenal end messi finally getting it all and mbappe proving the world that he will be one of the greatest, felt like messi passing off the torch to the younger player

I agree. CR7 and Messi completely changed the criteria IMO. You cant just be on that level by being only a 7 match world cup wonder. Thats why I mentioned Inter Milan while talking about R9, the phenomenon did it for both club and country. Mbappe needs to get club success.
For me, the current goat standings are:
- Pele - multiple WCs, prolific goal scorer and hailed by other pros as THE guy
- Messi - done it all, also prolifc goal scorer, consistent and reinvented his role when he got older to still deliver and impact the game
- C. Ronaldo - has the statistics but lacks the cherry on top (WC) and fell off in the last year and a half.

Mbappe needs to keep his goal conversion rate, win the big trophies (UCL, and a stronger Leagze title), and overall be impactful.

However, since he is young he could technically win 2 more WCs, which would undoubtedly put him above Messi and Ronaldo as far as accolades go.

But that's still a pipe dream

It wont be so easy though and thats coming from one of the haters of Penaldo. He needs to perform consistently in the club level too.

CR7 for me is one of the two greatest scorers this game has ever seen alongside R9
ofc no disrespect to cr7
I will just like to see a younger person surpass older legends.

I don't think he will ever quite match his goal tally
but mbappe has a clutch gene
saw it in the UCL last year
and we saw that today at only 23.