Fitness

S

Shuyaku

Been slacking off on weight lifting lately and taken interest in boxing/muay thai which i am practicing on a heavy bag by myself for now (might get a sparring partner soon, then an instructor sometime next year). Also doing a lot more cardio in general. Much more fun than lifting a static weight in my opinion, which i still do, but in more moderation

I don't know why, but my results are extremely slow for some reason (except cardio). I went from like 4 (if not less) push-ups in April to 31 push-ups now. I thought i'd do at least 50 at that time. I still can't do a single pull-up, but thank God i can do 3 chin-ups at least. I still have belly for some reason (skinny belly, but still), even though i'm fucking 69,2 kg with 185 cm! Because of that, my abs are not showing up, but i can feel 'em.

Can someone give me advice what to do? I've already lost a bit of motivation because of that, maybe someone knows what to do to improve myself. I don't want to be a pussy that'd screw it all and came back to his previous lifestyle, but:josad:

Last edited:
I don't know why, but my results are extremely slow for some reason (except cardio). I went from like 4 (if not less) push-ups in April to 31 push-ups now. I thought i'd do at least 50 at that time. I still can't do a single pull-up, but thank God i can do 3 chin-ups at least. I still have belly for some reason (skinny belly, but still), even though i'm fucking 69,2 kg with 185 cm! Because of that, my abs are not showing up, but i can feel 'em.

Can someone give me advice what to do? I've already lost a bit of motivation because of that, maybe someone knows what to do to improve myself. I don't want to be a pussy that'd screw it all and came back to his previous lifestyle, but:josad:
Start off by doing pushups with your knees on the floor as support. That or you can do pushups on an incline (just find a bed -> place hands on the bed -> place feet on the floor-> start pushing). Do them until you feel like its so easy that you are ready to start regular pushups.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
i can’t exercise much because of heart issues but the last time i exercised my arms and ribs hurt for 2 days and i kinda lose motivation afterwards
im sorry to hear that tobi..
but yes, if you're not doing a workout, in the first time after you doing a workout, your body will sore so much maybe about 2-3 hours.
just endure it because your body isn't getting use to it. your body need to adapt with something they never experienced.

S

Shuyaku

no, i often able to lift max about 50 lbs with 4 - 6 reps max on incline/decline bench press.
but when it comes to standard bench press, im struggle so much with that weight lol. (3-4 reps max)
Oh, so your standard bench is weaker, that’s definitely strange. For now try to lower the weight and work your way up, maybe do less decline/incline and focus on your regular bench if you wanna improve it.

Maybe it's due to your nutrition. Reduce the fat and the sugar if you eat that often. Too much carbs can also be bad .
I would recommend you to watch some of Athlean x videos on YouTube.

yes doing a pushups/situps in home isn't enough for muscle growth.
With Calisthenics you can build good muscle - i am doing it myself. If your bodyweigth is too light, get some extra weight with a backpack or a weighted vest.
Post automatically merged:

Can you tell me how you train? How often, how many reps etc.

Last edited:
Start off by doing pushups with your knees on the floor as support. That or you can do pushups on an incline (just find a bed -> place hands on the bed -> place feet on the floor-> start pushing).
I went from like 4 (if not less) push-ups in April to 31 push-ups now. I thought i'd do at least 50 at time
You didn't get me, i suppose. I can do 31 push-ups and their variations (wide, diamond, archer, with jump, soon to do one arm). It's just that their increase is slow.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it's due to your nutrition. Reduce the fat and the sugar if you eat that often. Too much carbs can also be bad .
I would recommend you to watch some of Athlean x videos on YouTube.
Maybe you're right, but how much carbs is too much?
Can you tell me how you train? How often, how many reps etc.
I train 5 or 6 days. As for reps, i'm doing 100 push-ups (to the max, then start again till I hit 100), 100 sit-ups in a row, full abs training. Also i'm doing cardio 2 times in a week, back and shoulders training.

Last edited: