Fitness

Maybe you're right, but how much carbs is too much?
Well I wouldn't recommend to eat carbs every meal especially if it's in big quantity. Especially if it's low quality pasta. It also depends on your body I guess. You need to find a diet that you like and that works for you.
And don't give up. Losing the belly fat is the hardest part and requires the strongest will.

Well I wouldn't recommend to eat carbs every meal especially if it's in big quantity. Especially if it's low quality pasta. It also depends on your body I guess. You need to find a diet that you like and that works for you.
And don't give up. Losing the belly fat is the hardest part and requires the strongest will.
Thanks, i think i'll work harder.:cheers:

I train 5 or 6 days. As for reps, i'm doing 100 push-ups (to the max, then start again till I hit 100), 100 sit-ups in a row, full abs training. Also i'm doing cardio 2 times in a week, back and shoulders training.
If you want to in increase your reps, do 3 sets with your max rep each. This is how i do it. Works pretty well for me, i do 32 pull ups and 60 dips. Push up not sure, 80, 90 maybe. I focus more on strength than i do on the reps tho.
I train 3 days a week, Mo. We. and Fr. Upper body and 3 days a week Tue. Thur. and Sat. Stomach and legs. I do weighted Calisthenics.
About your Pull ups. If you can do only chin ups then focus on them. When you can do around 10 chin ups, you should atleast be able to do 1-2 Pull ups. And from here you can work on your Pull ups. You can also use a exercise band to make it easier for you to perform a pull up and then build on that. When you can do 1 Pull up without the band, then keep doing them everyday. I am not saying train everyday, but if you walk by a pull up bar and have a free minute, do your 1 pull up and continue with what you were doing. Just do it from time to time throughout the day + the normal training day, this way your body will adapt quickly to it and you will increase alot - depends on you ofc.

Last edited:
If you want to in increase your reps, do 3 sets with your max rep each. This is how i do it. Works pretty well for me, i do 32 pull ups and 60 dips. Push up not sure, 80, 90 maybe. I focus more on strength than i do on the reps tho.
I train 3 days a week, Mo. We. and Fr. Upper body and 3 days a week Tue. Thur. and Sat. Stomach and legs. I do weighted Calisthenics.
About your Pull ups. If you can do only chin ups then focus on them. When you can do around 10 chin ups, you should atleast be able to do 1-2 Pull ups. And from here you can work on your Pull ups. You can also use a exercise band to make it easier for you to perform a pull up and then build on that. When you can do 1 Pull up without the band, then keep doing them everyday. I am not saying train everyday, but if you walk by a pull up bar and have a free minute, do your 1 pull up and continue with what you were doing. Just do it from time to time throughout the day + the normal training day, this way you your body will adapt quickly to it and you will increase alot - depends on you ofc.
Thanks a lot!

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Do you guys do any fitness tracking? I use Fitbit but it’s got some issues for me. Fitbit doesn’t track my “steps” that accurately as I row with my tracker on and I think it only equates a rowing stroke to 1-1.5 steps but a single rowing stroke is much harder than just taking a step lol.

It also might undersells me on calories, the erg has a built in calorie tracker though I’m not really sure if it’s more or less accurate than Fitbit lol.

Here are my stats for yesterday for anyone curious. I rowed a little more than 12K meters before work which is mostly me sitting at a desk anyway lol. 12K meters is roughly 7.5 miles and Fitbit only gave me 6.5 miles for the whole day lmfao.

S

Shuyaku

I don't know why, but my results are extremely slow for some reason (except cardio). I went from like 4 (if not less) push-ups in April to 31 push-ups now. I thought i'd do at least 50 at that time. I still can't do a single pull-up, but thank God i can do 3 chin-ups at least. I still have belly for some reason (skinny belly, but still), even though i'm fucking 69,2 kg with 185 cm! Because of that, my abs are not showing up, but i can feel 'em.

Can someone give me advice what to do? I've already lost a bit of motivation because of that, maybe someone knows what to do to improve myself. I don't want to be a pussy that'd screw it all and came back to his previous lifestyle, but:josad:
You aren’t seeing abs probably because of stubborn fat. It’s harder for some people to make them show than others. Though, are you sure you wanna go lower than 69 kg at 185 cm ? That’s the only way if you want abs.

As for your lack of strength progression, it’s cause you’re losing weight, it’s hard to make gains when you eat little calories. If you eat more, you’ll get stronger, but i guess that’s not your goal right now.

going to the gym has helped me with diabetes.
My Hb1C (average value of blood sugar level during the past 3 months) has significantly dropped from 9.5 (really bad) to an incredible value of 6 in 3 months period .... I have a bench press and some other machines to work out at home, but it's never really the same as going to the gym, the atmosphere rules.

going to the gym has helped me with diabetes.
My Hb1C (average value of blood sugar level during the past 3 months) has significantly dropped from 9.5 (really bad) to an incredible value of 6 in 3 months period .... I have a bench press and some other machines to work out at home, but it's never really the same as going to the gym, the atmosphere rules.
I'm very sorry to hear about your condition D:

I'm very glad it served you properly and I wish you all the best for your future :3

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I do a standard split right na, chest/triceps on monday, back/biceps on tuesday, legs wednesday and shoulders on thursday. Only using a pair of semi heavy dumbbells and a bench at home, can’t stand the gym lmfao. Made some solid gains so far.
How many workouts per a muscle group is optimal when you follow this^^ workout plan? @Pantheos @Dragomir

Last edited by a moderator:
Тебе нужно больше пирожков кушать :D

But yeah, maybe you should visit a doctor just to be sure.
at 185 cm/66 kg, you're on the lower end of bmi for healthy weight, and i assume you don't carry a lot of muscle mass to make up for it. Watch out bro.
Is that a bad thing? D: I guess it depends on body constitution
It's okay now. Don't know why i was losing weight, but now i'm at 67-69 (depends on how much i eat). Sooo, i think it's okay. Thanks for support, guys.

S

Shuyaku

How many workouts per a muscle group is optimal when you follow this^^ workout plan? @Pantheos @Dragomir
What do you mean how many workouts ? If you're doing a split routine, you're gonna be IDEALLY wanting to hit a muscle group twice a week for optimal results. Say, if you're doing chest/triceps on monday, you should aim to work the same muscle group sometime later in the week. BUT this means you'll workout a minimum of 5x a week in total, which is a lot for most people, so you can just do it once a week, but results will come slower (studies have shown that training a muscle 2x a week is more effectoive than once)

Alternatively, an upper/lower or full body program would have you covered and it's more effective. Just depends on how you like to train at the end of the day.

Btw, i don't do that routine anymore, i focus on cardio and bodyweight.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
What do you mean how many workouts ? If you're doing a split routine, you're gonna be IDEALLY wanting to hit a muscle group twice a week for optimal results. Say, if you're doing chest/triceps on monday, you should aim to work the same muscle group sometime later in the week. BUT this means you'll workout a minimum of 5x a week in total, which is a lot for most people, so you can just do it once a week, but results will come slower (studies have shown that training a muscle 2x a week is more effectoive than once)
Alternatively, an upper/lower or full body program would have you covered and it's more effective. Just depends on how you like to train at the end of the day.

Btw, i don't do that routine anymore, i focus on cardio and bodyweight.
I mean if you workout Triceps and Chest on the same day. How many workout variations(exercises) are optimal for each muscle group?