Chapter Discussion Fucking first mate Zoro great advice bro

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
As I said in another thread, Vivi might not have her own pirate adventures, but she is not your average Joe. She is a very important figure in the world politics and there comes a certain risk with it. Luffy has to trust that she can overcome most of those dangers by herself as the second most powerful person and the future Queen of Alabasta Kingdom.
Luffy has to trust her because he can't babysit the entire planet. That goes without saying. And Zoro is not wrong on that point.

He's completely off base by bringing up Ace into the mix. Ace =/= Vivi, there's a reason Luffy treats Ace and Vivi differently, he doesn't see Ace as a damsel in distress Vivi was literally that. In every sense and definition of that phrase.

You are wrong about this too. Pirates live a life full of danger and death can strike at any time. Ace didnt regret his decisions. He died smiling.
This is obvious though, why would Luffy be in charge of babysitting Ace in the first place?

The point is it's plainly just odd timing for that example to be made. Yea the crew is worried about Vivi's life, "thanks a lot for reminding me about Ace the guy 100 times stronger than Vivi who died cause he was left alone, you certainly convinced me not to want to go after Vivi now 👍"

Lowkey fax.

"Strong woman"...pretty sure shed get neg diffed by New World fodders
She probably tasted inflation inflation no mi so when she comes back she is magically Nami level even though one trained and fought for two years while the other governed a country.

Zoro is using captain words to maintain Luffy on his pirate way. Otherwise Luffy would be hypocrite
Yes, big brain moves. He knew he won when they started to call him Green Mom.

Wonder if Zoro would be fine with Vivi dying if they knew for sure she's in Mariejoes and about to get beheaded or something.
Is that a question? Of course he wouldn't be fine with it and try to rescue her

He's completely off base by bringing up Ace into the mix. Ace =/= Vivi, there's a reason Luffy treats Ace and Vivi differently, he doesn't see Ace as a damsel in distress Vivi was literally that. In every sense and definition of that phrase.
Vivi is not a lonely damsel in distress. She is a politically powerful figure, should have strong subordinates under her.

Ace and Vivi's situations are not exactly the same, but they have similarities in the sense that both have enemies.

ZenZu

Is that a question? Of course he would

Vivi is not a lonely damsel in distress. She is a power figure, should have strong subordinates under her.

Ace and Vivi's situations are not exactly the same, but they have similarities in the sense that both have should have enemies.
Lmfao Vivi is literally a damsel in distress.
A princess that needed saving. That's what she was to Luffy. That was her role in Alabasta.

Stop trying to convince yourself of this Ace and Vivi bs.

Zoro’s right though. Right now they have no information on Vivi’s whereabouts or what’s happening with her so them rushing to save her would be usless because for all we know Vivi could be anywhere and going straight to the navy hq would be a suicide mission.

Waiting for more news on Vivi’s whereabouts and situation is the best plan of action. Bonney being introduced tells me that she will probably reveal to the SH’s what really happened at The reverie.

A princess that needed saving. That's what she was to Luffy. That was her role in Alabasta.
She needed saving from Baroque works. She was strong enough to unite the country. You are underestimating her.

smh, as usual you are over-complicating simple stuff

Last edited:
Lmfao Vivi is literally a damsel in distress.

Vivi had a timeskip, too.
She told the Strawhats she would join them in the future - she knew quite well for this to happen she has to grow in strenght.
I would even say Vivi understood the 3D2Y meaning and if the SHs needed more Training at this time she would need even more to catch up.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Vivi is missing and there is nothing on her being captured. For SHs, she could be anywhere or in any state. Without info, going after her is pointless.

As far as Ace thing is concerned then Ace was pirate and has his own path and Luffy believed he should follow his own journey.

Vivi through not a pirate but is the Queen of a kingdom. Big deal. She has her own path to follow as well and is by overcoming obstacles one becomes strong and not when someone constantly comes to save your ass.

That's why Ace and vivi thing is similar despite both being in different situation

ZenZu

She needed saving from Baroque works. She was strong enough to unite the country. You are underestimating her.
Baroque works is chump change compared to some of the other forces in the world. And idk how that's supposed to not make her a damsel in distress anyway.

smh, as usual you are exaggerating simple stuff
Its simply bad dialogue.
Ignoring Zoro's terrible initial example. Luffy could have easily retorted with something along the lines of

"Vivi is not Ace, and even if she was, how did that work out for Ace?"

That would be much more realistic dialogue. Instead we have to act like bringing Ace up here is good dialogue. Like "oh yea what a great point Zoro let's look at Ace, the guy much stronger than Vivi who is dead yeaaa"

And, do you think sabo just sneaked immediately?

RA was planning for reverie for long time

Do SHs have such preparation?No

And, yes they want last PG but have you seen them explicitly looking for clue? They came out of wano and Robin only mentioned that it's location is unknown and then they just went ahead with their journey

I get it you are vivi fan or might not like Zoro taking the call but hey what you are saying is impulsive and irrational and not practical
fisher tiger did it Alone

the revos did it

laffite did it Alone

they have a guy that can turn invisible when he runs im pretty sure they can sneak in

Vivi is smarter than Ace though, Luffy saved ace and then ace let his prode and stupidity cloud his judgement which ended up getting him killed. Vivi in that same situation wouldnt let that happen.

People keep thinking Zoro is talking about strength when comparing Vivi to Ace but really he is talking about her entire character, personality, smarts and everything. Vivi should not be underestimated.

ZenZu

Vivi is smarter than Ace though, Luffy saved ace and then ace let his prode and stupidity cloud his judgement which ended up getting him killed. Vivi in that same situation wouldnt let that happen.

People keep thinking Zoro is talking about strength when comparing Vivi to Ace but really he is talking about her entire character, personality, smarts and everything. Vivi should not be underestimated.
I don't believe Luffy or Zoro think for a second Ace is dumb, they prob believe Ace is smart. In fact they called him responsible or something along those lines.

Exactly. Imagine strawhats attack the marine HQ to later find out that Vivi is not at Marijoa, she went into hiding somewhere else. Some of the crew will die for nothing.
Vivi is missing and there is nothing on her being captured. For SHs, she could be anywhere or in any state. Without info, going after her is pointless.

As far as Ace thing is concerned then Ace was pirate and has his own path and Luffy believed he should follow his own journey.

Vivi through not a pirate but is the Queen of a kingdom. Big deal. She has her own path to follow as well and is by overcoming obstacles one becomes strong and not when someone constantly comes to save your ass.

That's why Ace and vivi thing is similar despite both being in different situation
Thank god there’s a thing called investigating

-they could go after revos to ask about what happened if they knew what happened to vivi (sanji already knows where iva lives and robin has some info too)

-visit alabasta and ask pell if he knows anything

-luffy can find garp to ask him

last ditch effort if no one knows is sneaking into Mariejois to look for themselves

so acting like they have no idea to look for her is disingenuous because THEY CAN

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
fisher tiger did it Alone

the revos did it

laffite did it Alone

they have a guy that can turn invisible when he runs im pretty sure they can sneak in
So?

Does SH know for sure where vivi is?

What if she isn't at MJ?

You want them to infiltrate without being sure if vivi is even there. Sounds like great plan lmao

Thank god there’s a thing called investigating

-they could go after revos to ask about what happened if they knew what happened to vivi (sanji already knows where iva lives and robin has some info too)

-visit alabasta and ask pell if he knows anything

-luffy can find garp to ask him

last ditch effort if no one knows is sneaking into Mariejois to look for themselves

so acting like they have no idea to look for her is disingenuous because THEY CAN
You want them to visit to RA when no one knows where they are

You want them to visit Alabasta - at the beginning of grandline crossing NW when they don't even know if anyone can tell them over there where vivi is

That's impractical.

I will just phrase it in different way - it's not childish game going around when they have to go around whole world just to find clue of which they have no idea where to find it anyway.

They have their own journey and they don't exist to babysit everyone.

Not to mention, it's doubting capability of Vivi to handle things too.

What you said is based on emotions and not practical approach to situation

Baroque works is chump change compared to some of the other forces in the world. And idk how that's supposed to not make her a damsel in distress anyway.
Dude, you are using powerscaling here too and turning this into an Ace vs Vivi :gokulaugh:

Vivi is strong compared to any average person. She could become Miss Wednesday within two years. But thats not her main strength. She is a natural in diplomacy. Remember what happened when they entered Drum islands? She got shot, but didnt let Luffy and others fight back. Thats why Drum island people let them enter the island. She stopped a fucking civil war in her country. If Vivi is a damsel-in-distress, we need to change the meaning of it.

What if Zoro replied, "(1) Yeah Vivi is not Ace, she is a natural diplomat. (2) Ace didnt really regret his decision to be a pirate, he died smiling"