Game of Thrones/ASOIAF

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
The Queen died literally the day or two before lmfao.
And yet, it was basically the reason Otto "won" here.
Hadn't he immediately sent his daughter to start building up the "relationship", Viserys would be forced to pick the Velaryon kid.

If you try to evaluate Westeros' morals based on real life, it's easier to assume everyone is a fucker.

Which, honestly, it's not far from being true.
:kayneshrug:

Unlike GoT, it looks like House of the Dragon will follow the journey of a main character. No twist like the death of Ned Stark.
Plot-armor is back !

As expected Daemon likes Rhaenyra. And Otto really sold his daughter.

Also, the producers really seem to be into a feminist perspective of Westeros. At least in the first two episodes

Unlike GoT, it looks like House of the Dragon will follow the journey of a main character. No twist like the death of Ned Stark.
Plot-armor is back !

Also, the producers really seem to be into a feminist perspective of Westeros. At least in the first two episodes
Wdym?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Plot-armor is back !

Oh, you mean the creator of ASOIAF?
:ihaha:

I guess you're talking about the last line.

I didn't feel that strong of a point of view in GoT regarding gender related issues, even though the themes were there too. Meanwhile in House of the Dragon we have had in two episodes:
-Viserys choosing if his wife shall live or die without her consent
-Daemon's new wife and ex-prostitute saying she's with him to flee prostitution and doesn't mention love, just security
-The Velaryon child telling Viserys she wants to birth babies for him even though she's not even mature

Anyway, I only chose blatant and impacting scenes but there are other things in the text. And I may have forgotten stuff.

I'll see with the whole season though. I like the show for now.

Oh, you mean the creator of ASOIAF?
He's one of them yeah. I believe they are 7. What's your point ?

Rhea

Cattitude
Just finished watching episode 3.
The scene when Rhaenyra walked into camp with the boar was 🔥
Master of Complaints made me laugh lmao
Don’t know why, but I liked seeing the Sea Snakes forces.
A diverse crew that looks bonded.
Those two guys sharing that flask of water or whatever was cool.
Obviously the last scene with Daemon and company was even cooler lol

I don't think that's grayscale... and If it was grayscale, Daemon now has it, he had blood all over him and was handling the body.
But maybe Targaryens are somehow immune to it. They get sick very rarely.

The high point of the episode was the Viserys/Rhaenyra side of the story.

Daemon's rush under the volley of arrows felt so contrived and a pitiful atempt to make him more OP and cool. He's a Targ and a dragonrider with a Valyrian steel sword guys, come on. Does he need to solo 15 guys

Just finished watching episode 3.
The scene when Rhaenyra walked into camp with the boar was 🔥
Master of Complaints made me laugh lmao
Don’t know why, but I liked seeing the Sea Snakes forces.
A diverse crew that looks bonded.
Those two guys sharing that flask of water or whatever was cool.
Obviously the last scene with Daemon and company was even cooler lol

I don't think that's grayscale... and If it was grayscale, Daemon now has it, he had blood all over him and was handling the body.
But maybe Targaryens are somehow immune to it. They get sick very rarely.
Maybe it's just me but the diversity in the Velaryon camp seems forced when they are the only house with any diversity. So there are black, white and asian people in this one army of this one house, meanwhile the rest of the continent is exclusively white (bar Dorne)?

Making the Velaryons black in the first place is just corporate virtue signalling saddly. Nothing new

Rhea

Cattitude
Daemon's rush under the volley of arrows felt so contrived and a pitiful atempt to make him more OP and cool. He's a Targ and a dragonrider with a Valyrian steel sword guys, come on. Does he need to solo 15 guys
Much better character development imo, I myself really enjoyed with how tough he was when he fought without his dragon.

Solid episode. Now we know where all the sex scenes from the last two episodes went lmao

Also I was a bit sad they went with Criston breaking his vows and not with a subtle did he/didn't he implication.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
First time reading them? So jelaous of you:blush:
Take your time, AFFC has some of the best chapters in the series imo.
What are your thoughts so far on the differences between books and show? And in general?
Never watched the show lmao.

And in general?
The world of Westeros is amazing lol. Amazing characters, awesome lore, great political squabble, etc.

Never watched the show lmao.

The world of Westeros is amazing lol. Amazing characters, awesome lore, great political squabble, etc.
Even better that you didn't watch it, you can go in fresh:amazing:

And yeah, the lore is really deep and the world is rich and feels like an independent world. Once you finish, I recommend The World of Ice and Fire as well as Fire and Blood, which are history books on the that world.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Oh man there's too many to list.
The Hound, Stannis, Jaime, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, Euron, Ned, Edd(lol), Oberyn, etc
I'm invested most in the Lady Stoneheart, Vale, Faceless Men, Jaime/Cersei, fAegon, Euron and Other/Night Watch storylines

Favorite book/chapter?
Hmm that's a hard one. The epilogue of ASOS, the sample TWOW Aeron chapter, I liked the one where Aemon revealed his identity, the Tyrion chapters in ASOS covering his trial, Oberyn vs the Mountain and him killing Tywin, Red Wedding and "The North Remembers". And a thousand more lol