Powers & Abilities General CoA Discussion - Basic & Advanced

J

Jo_Ndule

They used haki the way swordsmen use it, as explained before, skills swordsmen are known for their cutting abilities with the katana. Swordsmen have their own 'advanced haki'
Haki is whatever anyone can use
Being a swordman doesn't change haki.

Oda wouldn't waste chapters hyping AdCoA that Rayleigh has just for retainers to showcase before Luffy gets to use it on Kaido and BM.

Did Oden have Adcoa? No
But I believe the had flow/barrier like Roger and Whitebeard had.

When it comes to barrier/flow, Oden had higher level of it.

Oda is keeping adcoa and FS rare that only a few have.
While barrier/flow is something even low tiers can master and use.

Haki is whatever anyone can use
Being a swordman doesn't change haki.

Oda wouldn't waste chapters hyping AdCoA that Rayleigh has just for retainers to showcase before Luffy gets to use it on Kaido and BM.

Did Oden have Adcoa? No
But I believe the had flow/barrier like Roger and Whitebeard had.

When it comes to barrier/flow, Oden had higher level of it.

Oda is keeping adcoa and FS rare that only a few have.
While barrier/flow is something even low tiers can master and use.
Luffy can't showcase what the scabbard did this chapter precisely because he isn't a swordsman who knows that technique using the blade. Instead he learnt a new technique what you call advanced CoA which allows him to penetrate the skin with his fists (when that isn't possible usually) compared to the sharpness of the blade.

W

wordyworm

Sidestepping the first part of your question, I'd say if swordfighters are using Ryou, then it must be distance techniques like Mihawk's slash at WB or his slash on the iceberg. Any kind of traveling slash that moves like a shockwave could be Ryou, I suppose.