Powers & Abilities General CoA Discussion - Basic & Advanced

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Well, Kata is precognition though right. And he sees the legit future. There’s no presence or intent for him to feel since he sees legitmate images and probably even hears what people are gonna say. Knowing that the jelly bean would be dodged isn’t really tapping into its preeence at all right? Kata is just seeing exactly what happens
What I meant is that Sanji's CoO has picked up the bean with it being inanimate object.
Luffy's CoO picked up the axe before readers got any clue of it, his reaction confirms that he senses danger.
He reacted to katakuri launching an attack the bean is not alive so he dodged the bean after using coo to sense katakuris intent. Just like how they can dodge gunshots
He would have to observe Katakuri specifically in that situation to read his intent and I dont think he was doing that, he was observing the area in general and Katakuri was quite far away and Sanji expected to be assassinated by someone closer, afaik, he knew it was Pudding who was supposed to do it.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Let me ask you a question.
If I meant to kill a rabbit and all of a sudden a boar comes in the way and the boar doesn't die from my attack aimed at rabbit, did I fail to kill the rabbit?

How did Mihawk fail to cut Daz when he never even tried to cut Daz? What do you mean by failure? How was it Mihawk failure? Was Mihawk attempting to cut Daz and he failed in his attempt? How do define failure?

fail
/fāl/
Learn to pronounce
verb

1. 1.
    be unsuccessful in achieving one's goal.

Can you post the definition of fail that you are using? Perhaps you live in a region where fail means something I am not aware of?
You know what I mean... I even mention he intended to cut rubber and not steel. Either way, he claims that he isn’t showing restraint and proceeds to attack Luffy but Daz jumps in front of the attack

What I meant is that Sanji's CoO has picked up the bean with it being inanimate object.
Luffy's CoO picked up the axe before readers got any clue of it, his reaction confirms that he senses danger.

He would have to observe Katakuri specifically in that situation to read his intent and I dont think he was doing that, he was observing the area in general and Katakuri was quite far away and Sanji expected to be assassinated by someone closer, afaik, he knew it was Pudding who was supposed to do it.
Either way that feat is trash bro only other option was for Sanji to die oda didn’t put any time into that so we shouldn’t either

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Either way that feat is trash bro only other option was for Sanji to die oda didn’t put any time into that so we shouldn’t either
I am not trying to hype up or downplay the feat, just saying that I think CoO works on inanimate objects, otherwise, a gunman whose presence you dont pick up due to him being far away would snipe you easily if you cant pick up the bullet with CoO.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
I am not trying to hype up or downplay the feat, just saying that I think CoO works on inanimate objects, otherwise, a gunman whose presence you dont pick up due to him being far away would snipe you easily if you cant pick up the bullet with CoO.
Some people have Island level range in regards to presence but I suppose you may be right. Nevertheless I’ve always seen those feats as picking up intent and reacting to it.

You know what I mean... I even mention he intended to cut rubber and not steel. Either way, he claims that he isn’t showing restraint and proceeds to attack Luffy but Daz jumps in front of the attack
What does that mean?
Mihawk never said he isn't showing any restraint, he said this blade knows no restraint. You can interpret it many ways but here is how I interpret it:
Even though Mihawk wasn't even using close to his 100% power, to make sure Luffy doesn't die, he would have to forcefully restrain himself because Mihawk is so strong, he is capable of killing Luffy without even trying. That makes sense because he could casually produce one of the biggest feats in the series by cutting that Iceberg which was as big as the entire Marine Ford Island. If Mihawk landed that hit on Luffy, Luffy woulda. So it was an ordeal for Luffy, an ordeal in which if Luffy succeeds, he walks out alive and he looses he died. Obviously Luffy walked out alive because of his ability, which is to attract others and make them his followers.

As far as Mr1 is concerned, you don't cut steel with the slash aimed at flesh.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
What does that mean?
Mihawk never said he isn't showing any restraint, he said this blade knows no restraint. You can interpret it many ways but here is how I interpret it:
Even though Mihawk wasn't even using close to his 100% power, to make sure Luffy doesn't die, he would have to forcefully restrain himself because Mihawk is so strong, he is capable of killing Luffy without even trying. That makes sense because he could casually produce one of the biggest feats in the series by cutting that Iceberg which was as big as the entire Marine Ford Island. If Mihawk landed that hit on Luffy, Luffy woulda. So it was an ordeal for Luffy, an ordeal in which if Luffy succeeds, he walks out alive and he looses he died. Obviously Luffy walked out alive because of his ability, which is to attract others and make them his followers.

As far as Mr1 is concerned, you don't cut steel with the slash aimed at flesh.
Please no wanking but I understand your point and interpretation of that quote. I agree but don’t like the wanking behind it. As for when Hyou talks about Flow being an invisible armor. What’s the difference in that and the armor hardening provides?

Please no wanking but I understand your point and interpretation of that quote. I agree but don’t like the wanking behind it. As for when Hyou talks about Flow being an invisible armor. What’s the difference in that and the armor hardening provides?
What wanking lmao?
I could give two shits about One Piece to wank anybody. I am just giving you my thoughts.

Hyougoro described what Luffy called advanced Haki as "Ryou" which focuses on the word "Flow" according to him. Basically it is the concept of controlling your access energy and flowing it out.
On form of "Ryou" is "Gouken" which is creating a Haki shockwave or barrier something that Boa sisters, Sentomaru, Luffy can use. Another form of advanced Haki is flowing Haki out of your body and pouring it into your weapon, something that Zoro,Vergo etc can use.

An even more advanced application of Gouken is what Luffy can use now, which is not just flowing your Haki out of your body but pouring it inside your opponents to damage them from inside.
Post automatically merged:

I’ll reiterate the question and pose it to everyone. What’s the difference between hardening armor and flow armor
Hardening armor is keeping your haki in your body. It is a basic application.

Flow armor is flowing that energy out of your body and creating an invisible armor (outside your body)

I've lied? Nope

I was stating what I saw and observed
You acts like a follower and disciple

Also anyone with a mind knows Shishio runs all of Z bois around
He has the biggest voice of Z wank
Same with Major being the biggest marine fanboys voice

It is how life is... some are followers , others are leaders of movements

Dont be mad at me for your own behaviours

You think I joke when I say Erkan Major Shishio Red Sanjkun are heads of their fav wanks and the rest are followers or just lower writers (even tho they have great arguments than Erkan Major...) ?

Someone like Red came and imposed his wanks /opinions even tho it may sound silly, he made his own name and doesnt change his ways or follow others coz of the majority things,
This is a person who isnt a follower...

Most of these Z guys that writing are just writing old same arguments most X fanboys have or heard from Zoro Youtuber fanboys

I'm sorry if it hurts you but to me you dont have your own will.... your aura isnt that of a leader/head of some Factor

It has nothing to do with "I disagree with X sometimes so I'm not a follower or disciple "
It is more about imposing your will/arguments/way of thinking in the community even unintentionally, even when most disagree with you... you only change when facts are presented by the manga.

Once again I'm sorry if it hurts you but the impression I received and still receive from most of you guys is that one man intimidated and leads you all. It became like a cult.
Boy shut the fuck up with your "Can't read without his parents help" "can't clean his ass without his parents help" Big Mom wanking ass.

I don't wank no body, I just drop manga facts.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
What wanking lmao?
I could give two shits about One Piece to wank anybody. I am just giving you my thoughts.

Hyougoro described what Luffy called advanced Haki as "Ryou" which focuses on the word "Flow" according to him. Basically it is the concept of controlling your access energy and flowing it out.
On form of "Ryou" is "Gouken" which is creating a Haki shockwave or barrier something that Boa sisters, Sentomaru, Luffy can use. Another form of advanced Haki is flowing Haki out of your body and pouring it into your weapon, something that Zoro,Vergo etc can use.

An even more advanced application of Gouken is what Luffy can use now, which is not just flowing your Haki out of your body but pouring it inside your opponents to damage them from inside.

Hardening armor is keeping your haki in your body. It is a basic application.

Flow armor is flowing that energy out of your body and creating an invisible armor (outside your body)

Boy shut the fuck up with your "Can't read without his parents help" "can't clean his ass without his parents help" Big Mom wanking ass.

I don't wank no body, I just drop manga facts.
You wank Mihawk and Zoro but that is not the point of this thread. Anyway, good explanation regarding flow vs hardening. I disagree on one being more advanced than the other. I see them as separate skill trees that people can specialize in.

You wank Mihawk and Zoro but that is not the point of this thread. Anyway, good explanation regarding flow vs hardening. I disagree on one being more advanced than the other. I see them as separate skill trees that people can specialize in.
No basic hardening is using haki but not to its full potential look at it that way

You wank Mihawk and Zoro but that is not the point of this thread.
How come?

Well if you wanna take authors word, hardening is the basic form of CoA and Ryou is more advanced as you are controlling your Haki (access energy) and flowing it out. As you see when Luffy or Hyogoro use flow, their hands are turned black. You need to be able to use hardening (basic form) to use flow (more advanced form).

I can also say Future sight is not more advanced CoO than what Zoro, Sanji and Law use but it is not how it was portrayed.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
No basic hardening is using haki but not to its full potential look at it that way
It doesn’t make sense to me that someone like Cracker who is known for good Busoshoku then Kata who is a hardening monster have mediocre or average armament while BOA sisters use advanced. Like I think that there are advanced applications of each tree. Penetration is the advanced show of flow. As for Hardening, maybe like flaming pattern or something else. Just like I believe there are two types of observation.

How come?

Well if you wanna take authors word, hardening is the basic form of CoA and Ryou is more advanced as you are controlling your Haki (access energy) and flowing it out. As you see when Luffy or Hyogoro use flow, their hands are turned black. You need to be able to use hardening (basic form) to use flow (more advanced form).

I can also say Future sight is not more advanced CoO than what Zoro, Sanji and Law use but it is not how it was portrayed.
My problem is with people like BoA sisters and Sentomaru... and I believe future Sight is advanced form of precognition. It’s far more useful for fighters than whatever advanced presence might offr

It doesn’t make sense to me that someone like Cracker who is known for good Busoshoku then Kata who is a hardening monster have mediocre or average armament while BOA sisters use advanced. Like I think that there are advanced applications of each tree. Penetration is the advanced show of flow. As for Hardening, maybe like flaming pattern or something else. Just like I believe there are two types of observation.
Well being able to use more advanced application of Haki doesn't mean your Haki on pure level is stronger than person who can't use flow. It just means you control the energy inside your body better and utilize it more effectively.

Even though Luffy can use an even more advanced application of flow, penetration, I still don't think his pure Haki level is equal to let alone above Zoro's. As to tame Enma you need a certain high levels of Haki reserves (in my opinion) which is why likes of Hyogoro who have mastered advanced use of Haki are portrayed to not be strong enough to Tame it. Zoro taming Enma is not just a flow feat, it is also a feat of pure High level Haki. Oden was the only man besides Zoro to Tame Enma and he had Haki strong enough to permanently scar Kaido on the surface where he is most durable. Unlike Luffy, he isn't skipping Kaido's durability, buit instead he is hurting him where Kaido is the strong. Zoro will do the same I think.

My problem is with people like BoA sisters and Sentomaru... and I believe future Sight is advanced form of precognition. It’s far more useful for fighters than whatever advanced presence might offr
That's subjective. You can train your flow to the point where you unlock penetration. That is far more useful against Big Mom and Kaido than FS is.

Zoro's breath of all things is also useful in getting past immense durability where blunt attacks would fail.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Since some are ignored , I can go back to commenting on this thread topic

Zoro has no advanced CoA
BOAT haki or swordsmanship?
Hardening and Flow different or same Armament Tree?

That's subjective. You can train your flow to the point where you unlock penetration. That is far more useful against Big Mom and Kaido than FS is.

Zoro's breath of all things is also useful in getting past immense durability where blunt attacks would fail.
Yes you can train flow to unlock penetration. Then that makes it s different skill tree than hardening then.

I

Inspector_Mu

BOAT haki or swordsmanship?
Hardening and Flow different or same Armament Tree?

Yes you can train flow to unlock penetration. Then that makes it s different skill tree than hardening then.
Flow =/= advanced CoA
Advanced CoA is penetration.
Story wise Oda giving luffy advanced haki first ... no other strawjat will unlock advanced haki this arc or had it prior him.

Also that panel of Zoro using Emma
Enma is the one that sucked out Zoro Haki (ryou) has nothing to do with zoro unleashing Haki by his own will
And also doesmt confirm crap as some trying to make it be.

Flame pattern is only when a df user combines his Df and haki* that is when we see that flame tribal haki on the body

You still need hardening when using BARRIER/explosion
Even for penetration