Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
2) Kanki is at a distant second to Kai. I initially liked him but he got progressively intolerable the more screen time he got. Every character Kanki interacts ends up wanting to suck him off despite the fact that he is an open degenerate. It is weird how many characters bend over backwards to accommodate the bloke.
Tbf to Kanki, his theme as a brigand who uses psychological warfare in the most ruthless fashion out there is pretty dope, and Hara wrote his flashback masterfully, marking him as a true leader who works for his people instead of personal glory.

Mogging Genpou, the poison dude, Keisha, Kisui and Kouchou were all well written tactics that added some flavor to the manga, the reader is constantly mind boggled by what Kanki is plotting same as his enemies and allies, which is pretty dope lol

It all went wrong in the end not because Kanki is a shit character, but because Zhao retaliation arc was complete trash
In that arc, Kanki was trash, Riboku was trash, Riboku's yes men were trash, Kane and the whole arrow shots sequence 💀, Riboku almost dying to Shuma and Ringyoku 💀, the tactics used were abysmal, and the talk no jutsu at the end was nauseating. I prefer to remember Kanki for his previous showings lol
Kanki's last charge plus his flashback were dope though

Tbf to Kanki, his theme as a brigand who uses psychological warfare in the most ruthless fashion out there is pretty dope
I pretty much agree with this this.
Hara wrote his flashback masterfully, marking him as a true leader who works for his people instead of personal glory.
This is where I stop agreeing. Lol.

I probably would have had no problem with this statement for Pre-WZI Kanki. Pre-WZI Kanki was noted for his preservational results (e.g. the Hare Call and Ten salivating over his loss ratio taking Kokuyou Hills). Kanki came across as a man that had a method to his madness that worked superbly and got his boys good loot.

Post-WZI Kanki however went full on meat grinder in his tactics. He nearly lost his whole army against Kochou, nearly lost Ouhon's Army and would have lost the battle had Shin not come a 1/2 day early. Then against Riboku, he lost nearly everybody going after Riboku's scalp while completely ignoring the campaign objective.

I can't buy Kanki caring about his people when he spends their lives like pennies. Lol.
Mogging Genpou, the poison dude, Keisha, Kisui and Kouchou were all well written tactics that added some flavor to the manga, the reader is constantly mind boggled by what Kanki is plotting same as his enemies and allies, which is pretty dope lol
Most of these I am fine with since the majority of them were Pre-WZI. Kochou was a friggin disappointment though. He pretty much existed for the sole purpose of making Kanki look good. That arc was where I started disliking Kanki. It was a combination of Kochou being disrespected on all fronts in order to make Kanki look good, Kanki having a temper tantrum at somebody finally doing to him what he does to everybody else and Ei Sei of all people backing down to this uneducated bandit that got to me. Lel.
It all went wrong in the end not because Kanki is a shit character, but because Zhao retaliation arc was complete trash
In that arc, Kanki was trash, Riboku was trash, Riboku's yes men were trash, Kane and the whole arrow shots sequence 💀, Riboku almost dying to Shuma and Ringyoku 💀, the tactics used were abysmal, and the talk no jutsu at the end was nauseating. I prefer to remember Kanki for his previous showings lol
Kanki's last charge plus his flashback were dope though
Yeah, the entirety of that arc was weird but a lot of the weirdness of that arc surrounded Kanki or more specifically, how characters interacted with Kanki. Shin being weepy eyed for him was weird. Riboku wanting to talk no jutsu him was weird. Naki in general was weird.

Also, I personally did not care for that flashback. It wasn't a Kanki flashback, it was a Saki Clan flashback. I still have no idea why Kanki holds the views that he does or how he became the depraved degenerate that he is.

In short, I enjoyed Pre-WZI Kanki. Post-WZI Kanki can sod off though. Lol.

Post-WZI Kanki however went full on meat grinder in his tactics. He nearly lost his whole army against Kochou, nearly lost Ouhon's Army and would have lost the battle had Shin not come a 1/2 day early.
for this point only ,you say it like this cuz this is hara giving his mc a role , the more HSU grow the more hara give them bigger role
even in wzi and vs kanki vs rbk and even current arc and the arcs to comes it will be winnable cuz hsu exist .

for this point only ,you say it like this cuz this is hara giving his mc a role , the more HSU grow the more hara give them bigger role
even in wzi and vs kanki vs rbk and even current arc and the arcs to comes it will be winnable cuz hsu exist .
There is a significant difference between a General purposefully utilising Shin to achieve a desired task within a desired timeframe compared to Shin performing outside of expectations and saving said General's arse.

When Ouki used Shin to kill Fuuki, everything that happened was within Ouki's predictions. When Ousen sent Shin to the Right Wing at Shukai Plains, it was with the expectation that Shin would turn the tide there, which he did.

When Kanki called for Shin to come to aid him after fighting for 8 days, he expected Shin to arrive 1/2 a day later than he did. This is pretty friggin noteworthy when Kanki's Army wasn't going to last another 1/2 a day against Kochou and Ouhon's Army wasn't going to last another 15 minutes. Both the Kanki Army and the Gyoku Hou would have perished had Shin arrived at the time that Kanki expected him to after waiting a over week before calling him over to assist.

That's a fat L.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Both the Kanki Army and the Gyoku Hou would have perished had Shin arrived at the time that Kanki expected him to after waiting a over week before calling him over to assist.
You make an interesting point. Would Kochou have annihilated both Ouhon and Kanki had Shin not taken Eikyuu? Maybe the Guardian Deity was stronger than we thought…

@SakazOuki @RayanOO @God Buggy @TheKnightOfTheSea

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Maybe the Guardian Deity was stronger than we thought…
He presided over Zhao's defence lines against three of the Qin Six, who weren't able to pass them:

(The stalemate was then broken with the reinstallation of the Qin Six system - through Kanki's crazy stratagem against him).

Now, those defense lines were Riboku's brainchild and were constructed exactly how Riboku wanted, despite him being imprisoned at the time.

But still, despite that, I would think that whoever presided them - with the stalemate lasting this long - would have been an officer of great quality. Which is exactly what I see Kochou as: a legit Great General with hype (which was lacking in the cases of Mougou/Choutou).

He got defeated by Kanki's wild plan while having huge number superiority but still, Hara had him at least realize what Kanki was attempting (like Ousen). The way that war unfolded didn't really allow for him to show other stuff of his I think, and it's a bit of a pity.

Bottom line is like I said that Kochou was imo in that spot where he would never have been labelled "a mediocre commander" (and in fact his epithet was "The Guardian Deity of Kantan", he had been recognized enough to be assigned to guarding the capital) and at the same time, he wasn't of the necessary quality that Great Heavens of Zhao like your Renpa and RSJ possessed.

Last edited: