Spoiler General Kingdom Spoiler

Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
I think Kan Ki's officers will escape with Shin, but I don't think they'll all join him. In fact, I think it's highly possible none of them do.

The Saki clan could decide to retire altogether and just live as humble farmers. They've seen and done a lot of messed up shit, and all of it was in service to Kan Ki. With him out of the picture, I could see Shin go as far as offering them a patch of land on his estate to have as their own. He owes them a great debt for saving the lives of his men after all.

Koku'Ou isn't close to anyone in HSU and doesn't really seem to be the type. She's abrasive and doesn't seem to care much or at all for anyone besides herself or Kan Ki (obviously, this is somewhat hyberbolic). I don't think she'd make a good fit or even want to. I believe she dies in the escape (because surely just making it to Shin doesn't take them out of harm's way) or decides to retire in exile/solo.

Rin Gyoku seems the least fucked up of the bunch and might join up, but I'm not particularly confident in that, I could just as easily see it not happening, and I would prefer him to join the Gaku Ka anyway (perhaps Koku'Ou too?). He has acquitted himself quite admirably these past chapters though, he's much better than his stats would indicate (lol), he'll be an asset to whoever will have him (I'd also prefer him to join Ou Hon over Shin).

Ma Ron is neither a general nor particularly loyal to the two that are; I think he will retire from the frontlines and try to carve out a cushy little existence for him as an aid of Shou Bun Kun or strategist in service of Shou Hei Kun - somewhere far away from battlefields and freezing river crossings. I don't see him ever joining the HSA. That said, I do think he would be an interesting addition to many known armies: the Mou Bu Army, Tou Army, Ou Sen Army, Gyoku Hou Army and Gaku Ka Army.

Ultimately, I think Na Ki could maybe absorb a couple hundred (Saki and/orShu Ma clan remnants?) from the Kan Ki Army, or maybe Kyou Kai decides to take them in, but I don't think the Hi Shin Army will restore its numbers or expand by absorbing Kan Ki Army officers.

What I think is going to happen over the next dozen or so chapters looks a bit like this:
  • Kan Ki dies (or "dies" and resurfaces somewhere else)
  • the Hi Shin and Gaku Ka armies fight like to make it back to Qin lands (some named characters may die, like Koku'Ou, Ogiko or a Saki clan member)
  • the arc ends perhaps with narration of Qin's crushing defeat at the hands of Ri Boku and perhaps the reveal of Shi Ba Shou
  • the next arc opens with narration on the impact of battle, how Zhao is resurging with high morale whilst Qin reels froms its impact
  • the Qin Military's High Command (i.e. SHK) determines another battle will soon follow because a) Zhao needs to strike while the iron is hot, and b) Qin need to stop their momentum and built back their own
  • despite the loss of Kan Ki, they can't afford to redirect Tou or Mou Bu, so instead dividing and reallocating the 120,000 troops at Tai Gen to restore and bolsters the armies of Ou Sen and Yo Tan Wa, enlarging the armies of veteran generals (think Heki and Fuu Han, who probably doesn't normally command 50K) and the Q3, and raising new generals from within their ranks of the latter (Kyou Kai, Ai Sen and Riku Sen)
  • next arc begins with a round of promotions, new named characters and members of the 20-30K large Q3 armies, more worldbuilding tidbits, etc