Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Credits to Saemoon
Chapter Title: The Blood of Seika

Seika’s soldiers rush to protect Shibashou while Sou’Ou calls for his men to target Seika’s soldiers to isolate Shibashou. They also start taking out Seika’s bannermen. Shibashou thinks to himself that “Seika’s blood is being spilled”. In a flashback, Kan Saro says they should refuse to assist Riboku because he’s too dangerous. While he may be in a vulnerable position now, he holds the fate of Zhao in his hands. If they take him in, Seika will become enveloped in great tragedy involving Zhao. Jyoukaryuu says if he’s referring to Kantan’s army attacking them, then Seika will just crush them. Kan Saro rejects that idea and says he means they’ll become wrapped up in Zhao’s wars. JKR comments that they are part of Zhao, after all, but Ji Aga argues that they are Seika, not Zhao. Kan Saro says if they take in Riboku, then Seika’s blood will be spilled for other people’s wars.

Shibashou calls out to his men. “We didn’t leave Seika and come here just to be defeated. We didn’t painstakingly build up Seika just to be defeated here. Seika is our kingdom which we built with our own hands. We joined this war so the “Spirit of Seika” could obtain something and so we could display that acquisition to ourselves and others. To the people of Seika who have chosen such a difficult path, I feel nothing but pride. However, if we fall here, everything becomes moots. If we meet our ends here, Seika will collapse and fade into mist. We must return home to Seika where our children and parents wait for us! And for that, we must take our weapons firmly in hand. And show these invaders that the blade of Seika will never be broken! Win! And return home to Seika!”

The Seika army renews their attack and Sou’Ou comments on their restored morale. Gakushou catches up with Akou and engages him in battle. Sou’Ou worries about this turn of events and says they need to go after Shibashou right now. However, Kan Saro shows up which makes Sou’Ou worry about Shiryou. The Seika adjutant lets out a cry to their men that Seika’s number one and number two general have both joined the battle and the fight starts now. They will bury the Qin army and take Ousen’s head. Sou’Ou reiterates that they need to take Shibashou’s head right now, but then changes his mind and says they need to get Ousen away from here.

Last edited:
When Hara introduced Shibashou's real face combined with exaggerated details like his giant body and broken floor, I always thought that he could be one of the strongest fighters in the entire Manga. But Shibashou's performance in this battle was only close to Gaimou's, he was even injured by ordinary soldiers from the Qin side, something very difficult or almost impossible for Gaimou, Man'U, Moubu or Kanmei.

Last edited:
Credits to Saemoon
Chapter Title: The Blood of Seika

Seika’s soldiers rush to protect Shibashou while Sou’Ou calls for his men to target Seika’s soldiers to isolate Shibashou. They also start taking out Seika’s bannermen. Shibashou thinks to himself that “Seika’s blood is being spilled”. In a flashback, Kan Saro says they should refuse to assist Riboku because he’s too dangerous. While he may be in a vulnerable position now, he holds the fate of Zhao in his hands. If they take him in, Seika will become enveloped in great tragedy involving Zhao. Jyoukaryuu says if he’s referring to Kantan’s army attacking them, then Seika will just crush them. Kan Saro rejects that idea and says he means they’ll become wrapped up in Zhao’s wars. JKR comments that they are part of Zhao, after all, but Ji Aga argues that they are Seika, not Zhao. Kan Saro says if they take in Riboku, then Seika’s blood will be spilled for other people’s wars.

The Seika army renews their attack and Sou’Ou comments on their restored morale. Gakushou catches up with Akou and engages him in battle. Sou’Ou worries about this turn of events and says they need to go after Shibashou right now. However, Kan Saro shows up which makes Sou’Ou worry about Shiryou. The Seika adjutant lets out a cry to their men that Seika’s number one and number two general have both joined the battle and the fight starts now. They will bury the Qin army and take Ousen’s head. Sou’Ou reiterates that they need to take Shibashou’s head right now, but then changes his mind and says they need to get Ousen away from here.
Yea the Seika army is now my favorite in the whole manga and Shibashou is already in my top 4 fav characters with Moubu,Riboku and Ryo Fui
What a goated speech.

he was even injured by ordinary soldiers from the Qin side, something very difficult or almost impossible for Gaimou, Man'U, Moubu or Kanmei.
?? Those guys have all normal skins, they can very much be killed, let alone injured, by normal soldiers. Lol. They're much much much stronger than the average soldier as fighters but a bunch of troops can absolutely take such generals out.

Troops immediately get worried if their warrior general finds himself just a tiny bit ahead of them for some brief moment. Lol.

Btw: The recent chapters are out and with decent translation they were really good chapters.

I'm glad someone on Seika raised concern about taking Riboku in. Hara is really delivering with SBS character.

These Great Generals delivering whole speeches to do a fraction of what a Great General of the Heavens can do with his mere presence alone.
:steef:
My disappointment is immeasurable, where are my Gigakou Shibashou scenes
:josad:
At least he's alive

Btw: The recent chapters are out and with decent translation they were really good chapters.

I'm glad someone on Seika raised concern about taking Riboku in. Hara is really delivering with SBS character.

These Great Generals delivering whole speeches to do a fraction of what a Great General of the Heavens can do with his mere presence alone.
:steef:
This scene gives a great insight on how legendary Renpa's reputation was in China at that point. The Wei soldiers had found themselves worried by Ousen's scheme and his appeareance a few moments prior, yet the legendary Renpa then unexpectedly appears from above like a "saviour" like figure. Everything will be okay. Renpa won't lose, we won't lose. He is here.

And thus you get this crazy war cry.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Yea the Seika army is now my favorite in the whole manga and Shibashou is already in my top 4 fav characters with Moubu,Riboku and Ryo Fui
What a goated speech.
I wonder what the thing Seika “obtained” is. I hate when Hara starts having characters speak in vague-ities lol. The worst of it was Man’U vs Moubu where their entire conversation was so vague it’s difficult to tell what they were actually talking about. Just say what exactly Seika wants to show China, lol…

I would assume it’s “true independence” from the warring states, not being obligated to fight the wars of royalty or whatever. I hope we find out by the end of Hango. Lol

See this is my big problem with Hango. It truly feels like this is the first time in Kingdom we have to “wait until the end of the arc” to get satisfying resolutions to shit. I’ve ranted on this aspect of Hango before but literally this arc has just been week to week bait and Hara is better than this. Just fucking tell us what Seika wants to show China instead of baiting us with vagueness. Lol

I wonder what the thing Seika “obtained” is. I hate when Hara starts having characters speak in vague-ities lol. The worst of it was Man’U vs Moubu where their entire conversation was so vague it’s difficult to tell what they were actually talking about. Just say what exactly Seika wants to show China, lol…

I would assume it’s “true independence” from the warring states, not being obligated to fight the wars of royalty or whatever. I hope we find out by the end of Hango. Lol

See this is my big problem with Hango. It truly feels like this is the first time in Kingdom we have to “wait until the end of the arc” to get satisfying resolutions to shit. I’ve ranted on this aspect of Hango before but literally this arc has just been week to week bait and Hara is better than this. Just fucking tell us what Seika wants to show China instead of baiting us with vagueness. Lol
Plenty of well written stories use this method of vagueness and planting seeds for the readers to theorize, before bringing it to the forefront by the end when all the pieces fall together. Great for rereads.

Shibashou calls out to his men. “We didn’t leave Seika and come here just to be defeated. We didn’t painstakingly build up Seika just to be defeated here. Seika is our kingdom which we built with our own hands. We joined this war so the “Spirit of Seika” could obtain something and so we could display that acquisition to ourselves and others. To the people of Seika who have chosen such a difficult path, I feel nothing but pride. However, if we fall here, everything becomes moots. If we meet our ends here, Seika will collapse and fade into mist. We must return home to Seika where our children and parents wait for us! And for that, we must take our weapons firmly in hand. And show these invaders that the blade of Seika will never be broken! Win! And return home to Seika!”
Interesting bit. So it seems like Seika has a true desire of being their own indipendent thing, their own "kingdom". They had escaped fighting for Zhao's banners but still couldn't be considered by the outside world to be anything other than Zhao, even if unwilling to answer calls. They would still be subjected to many of Zhao's policies. Now by joining Riboku in this war, they could achieve the double objective of repelling the Qin (which is vital anyway) but also their efforts being rewarded with some kind of official recognition/status on Riboku's behalf for their dream? Perhaps starting by a gradual, larger degree of autonomy?