Gun debate thread

Do you support the 2nd Amendment?

• Total voters
I am not American so i dont have that much of an opinion on this topic.
I know the 2nd amendment but i have no idea what is the situation in America right now.
Like in my country on the west side people rarely has guns but on the east side almost everyone has it.
Some of them getting for fun but east side is also the closest side to the terror organisations.
Maybe the situation is like this in America idk. Someone enlight me before i talk about this issue.

B

Ballel

The reason the civil rights movement succeeded were not because of the few hundred of armed BP members, it was because of tens of thousands of consistent, peaceful unarmed movements that lasted for years. If you want to believe that those armed members were part of the reason then go ahead.
you are the type of guy who gives the other cheek when facing an attacker.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Most distribution will stop, which is the goal. Uvalde wouldn’t have happened, Pulse wouldn’t have happened, many other mass shootings where the shooter bought his gun legally would not have happened.
Also, many teenage shooters get their guns from their parents who got them legally.

I don’t think it does. If living in the United States has taught me one thing, it’s that you can easily propagandize a population into believing absolutely anything you want them to, no matter how batshit insane it might seem. Even if every citizen in the US has a gun, they could easily be propagandized into eating up whatever oppression is thrown at them.
Jesus christ you right....

you are the type of guy who gives the other cheek when facing an attacker.
lol that isn't what I meant in my comments. My comment only applies to large scale public issues but not to individual disputes. If someone smacks me I will smack them right back lol

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Someone enlight me before i talk about this issue.
Basically the entire Gun debate is a fraud.

The founding fathers in the US wanted the citizenry to be able to maintain a well. Regulated. Militia.

The NRA and other gun lobby groups twisted this idea into convincing people that everyone had a right to own any kind of firearm with zero regulation whatsoever.

And now the US is a gun-ridden war zone where citizens execute each other in the streets, children are getting massacred in schools, and rich NRA executives profit from the corpses while trying to propagandize an extremely unintelligent population into believing all of this is normal.

Basically the entire Gun debate is a fraud.

The founding fathers in the US wanted the citizenry to be able to maintain a well. Regulated. Militia.

The NRA and other gun lobby groups twisted this idea into convincing people that everyone had a right to own any kind of firearm with zero regulation whatsoever.

And now the US is a gun-ridden war zone where citizens execute each other in the streets, children are getting massacred in schools, and rich NRA executives profit from the corpses while trying to propagandize an extremely unintelligent population into believing all of this is normal.
I understand. If the situation is that bad then US needs to stop giving gun to everyone and everyone needs to get a license if they wants to have a gun.
For getting a license you need to be a person with no criminal record. Then you can get it and every time you use it you have to face the court even if its life and death situation. This is the mindset i have about this topic.

B

Ballel

I understand. If the situation is that bad then US needs to stop giving gun to everyone and everyone needs to get a license if they wants to have a gun.
For getting a license you need to be a person with no criminal record. Then you can get it and every time you use it you have to face the court even if its life and death situation. This is the mindset i have about this topic.
The problem is that the gun lobby managed to convince the population that limitless individual gun ownership is a defining part of American culture and identity.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
This is a very fair Mindset. US citizens need some serious regulation and restrictions on guns, but they shouldn't be removed completely. America is a capitalist society with heavy emphasis on individualism(and patriotism when it's convenient), with profit being the main motivator. The COVID pandemic should have opened everyone's says to blatant propaganda.

B

Ballel

This is a very fair Mindset. US citizens need some serious regulation and restrictions on guns, but they shouldn't be removed completely. America is a capitalist society with heavy emphasis on individualism(and patriotism when it's convenient), with profit being the main motivator. The COVID pandemic should have opened everyone's says to blatant propaganda.
A more accurate term would be corporate fascism

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
One of the few instances where I agree with everything @Natalija says. I could fight off and escape a person carrying a conventional weapon with moderate to no injuries even if it's against someone bigger than me, but I can't say that about a gun. You can't really put a gun and a conventional weapon/tool in the same sentence.

Even my 6-year-old niece could kill me if she's given a gun. Guns are scary as fuck. Dangerous situations aside, I have seen videos of people killing others over petty arguments. In my place, which is 3rd world country, the worst you'd suffer in those situations is a few drops of blood from the nose or a torn shirt.

But again, I can't really disagree with the American folk defending their right to bear arms. Guns are completely integrated into their society to the point where they don't even feel safe without a gun, so it's not so easy to change all of that suddenly. And obviously, the gun manufacturers are gonna do everything in their power to keep the business going. So the gun culture isn't going anywhere.

The problem is that the gun lobby managed to convince the population that limitless individual gun ownership is a defining part of American culture and identity.
Imagine thinking your culture depends on a gun. I guess the gun lobby is that strong. Only the goverment can stop them but i know politicians are getting paid for this too.