News Half Year Manga Sales Ranking 2021 !

OP is falling which is natural for a series 25+ years in publication.
KNY selling 80mil isn't a reason to mock OP, because KNY has outsold every single manga in history even legendary ones like dragon ball and slam dunk.
Post automatically merged:

One question
Do you think sales correlate with quality?
Do you think KNY and JJK are quality series more than the likes of Kingdom?
Sales didn't correlate with quality if series didn't have hype train time that could make it special, or if this is monthly series.
I never read Kingdoms but I read D.Gray Man, Pandora and could say that some people even don't know how manga can break your brain, case those series never was hyped enough due bad anime adaptation.
Now OP is different story sales of it just show how famous this manga was and how peoplesloved it. Even Fishman Island has best sales? Why? Case people love to the story itself made em buy it and read it. In those terms showed how people allegiant to this story. We spended years of our life with reading OP. We spend years just with disscussion of manga events. So when quality drops we just wanted to see final, case in our mind author can't make OP even worser...but he did! He change a lot of stuff, people know that Odens flashback broke some previos flashbacks. Maybe he even changed ending and Raftel meaning, at this point I'm not sure. And in chapters like 990-995 I was saying that Oda cross the line, and Oda feel that he could do whatever he wants and people will still eat this shit. Guess what? That never happened! Even most loyal and devoted to Oda fans didn't enjoy this shit at all. So oldest one started to drop this shit exactly right now.
So you can't say that OP fall case it's old manga! One piece was at top even two years ago! When it fall on third place the bell ring was there, but Oda decided that nothing happened, and now baaaam 10 th place, but it's just half of year! Devoted people are tired to read this dog shit!

Now Oda has to change his style, putting his soul in manga again, but to gather new fans or old fans again would be close to impossible. I think Oda soon will go on long hiatus.

[
@Rocks D. Buggy @Watakuri You two are just like those morons from Reddit,who never criticize One Piece not matter what happen. You two are needless here. Get your asses out of here.
So "criticising" is OK but defending is bad? And I criticise one piece when it is needed. I complained about the fake out deaths in this arc or the constant running about.

Sales didn't correlate with quality if series didn't have hype train time that could make it special, or if this is monthly series.
I never read Kingdoms but I read D.Gray Man, Pandora and could say that some people even don't know how manga can break your brain, case those series never was hyped enough due bad anime adaptation.
Now OP is different story sales of it just show how famous this manga was and how peoplesloved it. Even Fishman Island has best sales? Why? Case people love to the story itself made em buy it and read it. In those terms showed how people allegiant to this story. We spended years of our life with reading OP. We spend years just with disscussion of manga events. So when quality drops we just wanted to see final, case in our mind author can't make OP even worser...but he did! He change a lot of stuff, people know that Odens flashback broke some previos flashbacks. Maybe he even changed ending and Raftel meaning, at this point I'm not sure. And in chapters like 990-995 I was saying that Oda cross the line, and Oda feel that he could do whatever he wants and people will still eat this shit. Guess what? That never happened! Even most loyal and devoted to Oda fans didn't enjoy this shit at all. So oldest one started to drop this shit exactly right now.
So you can't say that OP fall case it's old manga! One piece was at top even two years ago! When it fall on third place the bell ring was there, but Oda decided that nothing happened, and now baaaam 10 th place, but it's just half of year! Devoted people are tired to read this dog shit!

Now Oda has to change his style, putting his soul in manga again, but to gather new fans or old fans again would be close to impossible. I think Oda soon will go on long hiatus.
Once again, one piece hasgreater amount of sales per volume right now than pre-marineford.
Wano has decreasing number of sales each volume but we can't use that to judge the quality if the arc because fishman island had more sales than enies lobby.

I didn't talk about drop in quality, I talked about drop in sales. And you have to be delusional if you thought OP would be selling 38mil+ every year like marineford till it ends. That isn't possible since people who have read it won't buy the volume again for no reason

This is true for One piece,KNY and One piece all had their peak and from the peak the series will decline it sales till it ends. One piece's peak was 2011 and it has declined to pre-marineford hype sales in 2021. That is what is expected.

One of the best world building, amazing lore and amazing back stories.

Enies lobby, marineford all got the same if not higher hate than Wano right now. I'm sure the old readers will remember.

I expect the final to be JJK,KNY,CSM,AOT and one piece in 5th place. It can also switch with AOT
You are the one bringing up sales per year while I'm talking about sales per volume. There is no reason why people that bought Fishmen Island volumes each resulted in more then 3mi not even buying Wano volumes which reasulted in less then 2mi and this is not being for people not liking OP anymore.

Is expected for KNY because is a finished work. Not for OP. Again I'm talking sales per volume not per year. Makes completely sense OP never salling 38mi a year again. Doesn't make sense OP not even maintaining the sales per volume if story should be as good or better than before.

One Piece best world building. Undoubtly, no one can beat it on this. But all other categories there are plenty manga better. Most backstory I skipped, not worth it, but some like Oden was really good.

Enies Lobby and Marineford could have some hate(I doubt it was the same) but people at that time had nothing to support on since the series was selling more and more.

[

So "criticising" is OK but defending is bad? And I criticise one piece when it is needed. I complained about the fake out deaths in this arc or the constant running about.

Once again, one piece hasgreater amount of sales per volume right now than pre-marineford.
Wano has decreasing number of sales each volume but we can't use that to judge the quality if the arc because fishman island had more sales than enies lobby.
Once again you didn't read everything what I write...
As I said before, OP community was building up, cap was at MF which had best sales ever of manga tome. The whole story bought community and made em love this manga as whole, not just one arc.
The problem happens when each chapter turned into dog shit

Yes, remove scabbards out of plot and make straw hats relevant again and give them appropriate feats and content. Sales will go up. And don't off screen straw hats fights and move the story.

Hiyori is the only prostitute

It is funny how you are allowed to hate on one piece in the most illogical way in worstgen but defend it once and you're a redditor, oda cocksuker
True, but let me give you small advice: Ask your girlfriend what she thinks about public bathing with man and woman? Even if that woulf happened in rare country and that bath was famous.
Oda turned his own characters into garbage. He has time to show how bad he could deal with his main sh, but he has no time to show theirs battles. Like cmmon it's 1015 or what chapter and guess what? All SH fights was skipped, except Luffy and Zolo.

So like what exactly One Piece still have?
1. Characters --- wrong, main team now is garbage, while new one even worser garbage. Even Yamato could much more imteresting character with different background.
2. Story events --- wrong, every danger moments turned into joke;
3. Cool flashbacks? Wrong, Odens flashback it's joke;
4. Battles? All was skipped.
5. Secrets? At this point I'm not sure that Loda could even reveal something really cool. What I feel that for some reason he changed story overall, maybe rewrite it, and it turns into garbage.

Last edited:
True, but let me give you small advice: Ask your girlfriend what she thinks about publick bathing with man and woman? Even if that woulf happened in rare country and that bath was famous.
Oda turned his own characters into garbage
Are you saying Nami and Robin are prostitutes?

It hurts my eyes to see Attack on Titan on this list. This trash shouldnt even be top 100 !
You say that only because of the ending? I'm a anime watcher only but don't mind spoilers. I love the first 3 seasons, for them I think it makes sense being top 10(actually even top 5 or 3). Didn't like much season 4 but don't think it was necessarily bad.

You say that only because of the ending? I'm a anime watcher only but don't mind spoilers. I love the first 3 seasons, for them I think it makes sense being top 10(actually even top 5 or 3). Didn't like much season 4 but don't think it was necessarily bad.
Ending is trash, but at this point I truly doubt that OP will have solid ending. Right now it there is chance of Oda hiatus.

The ending plays a huge role in defining a series. Many people, me included, cant even enjoy AOT anymore because of the ending.

Yes, remove scabbards out of plot and make straw hats relevant again and give them appropriate feats and content. Sales will go up. And don't off screen straw hats fights and move the story.
This is one of the reasons for the decline in sales and interest imo
The strawhats are the main draw
They need a better treatment

But since the post time skip they felt like a background characters
Only 3 strawhats are still relevant

Luffy duh because he’s the main character, but he’s the same exact character since pre time skip , there’s barely any growth

zoro only relevant power wise
but as a character ? He’s barely has any personality anymore

sanji ups and downs , sometimes he shines and sometimes he’s a complete joke

I think those baths are traditional Japanese acts.
While Nami and Robin arent japanese. As I said, ask your gf If she will do that even if that is hard tradition of Japan and she is first time visiting country.

This is one of the reasons for the decline in sales and interest imo
The strawhats are the main draw
They need a better treatment

But since the post time skip they felt like a background characters
Only 3 strawhats are still relevant

Luffy duh because he’s the main character, but he’s the same exact character since pre time skip , there’s barely any growth

zoro only relevant power wise
but as a character ? He’s barely has any personality anymore

sanji ups and downs , sometimes he shines and sometimes he’s a complete joke
This !
Bad threatment but not case of fact that he lack time or pages, no no no there are a lot of stupid stuff, filler stuff, or even bad fanservice stuff going on, but in same time all battles are skipped.
So yeah Fuck You Oda! And this yell became louder. At this point all Jump stuff that working on OP should be fired. They sunk story that has potential of best shonen. And Oda.. Oda did it himself, or was listening those garbage editors. We need purge!

One Piece should be rewritten from TS

Last edited: