News Half Year Manga Sales Ranking 2021 !

A lot of funny talk going on here when people don't do the research to understand why One Piece is #10 here. Let's actually give a few reasons shall we?

1. Oda's decreased output. One Piece has had a slower output of chapters since 2014 but we were still consistently getting 4 volumes per year until last year. Volume 97 came out in September 2020, leaving only 3 volumes that year, which decreased sales overall for 2020.

2. This has led One Piece to literally only have Volume 98 on its legs for sales in 2021. If you count any of the current running manga in this list from December 2020 to the present (remember, one pieces last volume before 98 was released September 2020), then you get the following:

- Tokyo Revengers: 3 volumes
- Kingdom: 2 Volumes
- JJK: 3 volumes
- MHA: 2 volumes

Which ALL compete with One Piece's singular volume released for the year. And the sad thing is, none of you actually realize that One Piece's singular volume from February still tops all other manga sales individually OTHER than JJK and KnY:

So when you actually look at these oricon sales, One Piece is only actually being beat out by anything other than the too 2.

3. There are TONS of ending manga on that list:

- KnY
- AoT
- Chainsaw Man
- Haikyuu!
- Promised Nederland

ALL ended. People bulk buy to read the entire story. These sales atribute to the total sales.

4. Stop over reacting over nothing lol. Took me 10 seconds to find this info, so can you.

@Paperchampion23

Sure, took whatever information and chaging the content to fit your argument.

OP has 98 volumes to sell. Back at Marineford where it was OP peak of selling this was explanation for an ON GOING manga to sell that much. But now the explanatio is exactly the opposite, OP is an ON GOING manga so it doesn't sell much because of it but mangas that ended what? 1-2 years ago is still selling MUCH more than OP(who is 'supposed' to be better than Marineford according to fanboys).

Wanna talk about sales per volume? Let's talk about OP peak which was FISHMEN ISLAND. YES! Fanboys like to say Fishmen Island was garbage but it sold better than current 'Wano peak of OP story' manga. The so expected chapter 1000 is selling garbage towards Fishmen Island. Luffy asspulling Yonko Level is selling garbage towards Fishmen Island.

@Paperchampion23

Sure, took whatever information and chaging the content to fit your argument.

OP has 98 volumes to sell. Back at Marineford where it was OP peak of selling this was explanation for an ON GOING manga to sell that much. But now the explanatio is exactly the opposite, OP is an ON GOING manga so it doesn't sell much because of it but mangas that ended what? 1-2 years ago is still selling MUCH more than OP(who is 'supposed' to be better than Marineford according to fanboys).

Wanna talk about sales per volume? Let's talk about OP peak which was FISHMEN ISLAND. YES! Fanboys like to say Fishmen Island was garbage but it sold better than current 'Wano peak of OP story' manga. The so expected chapter 1000 is selling garbage towards Fishmen Island. Luffy asspulling Yonko Level is selling garbage towards Fishmen Island.
Bro, older volumes do NOT sell as much as you think.

One Piece has multiple issues:

- Its extremely long and costly to buy older volumes and play catchup.

- Its not ending anytime soon, which is normally when newer fans of the series end up making big purchases for later volumes.

Like I said, Volume 98 is the 5th high selling volume this year, only behind KnY and JJK volumes. That already demolishes this idea that any other series sells more than one piece, because it ONLY released one volume this year while the rest released 2 or 3. The BULK of One Piece's sales come from Volume 98. The BULK of MHA's sales come from its latest two volumes. So on and so forth. KnY and JJK are cultural phenomenon. They have effectively surpassed one piece and I give those series the benefit of pretty much accomplishing such.

The rest do not, because they sell less per Volume than One Piece does.

Bro, older volumes do NOT sell as much as you think.

One Piece has multiple issues:

- Its extremely long and costly to buy older volumes and play catchup.

- Its not ending anytime soon, which is normally when newer fans of the series end up making big purchases for later volumes.

Like I said, Volume 98 is the 5th high selling volume this year, only behind KnY and JJK volumes. That already demolishes this idea that any other series sells more than one piece, because it ONLY released one volume this year while the rest released 2 or 3. The BULK of One Piece's sales come from Volume 98. The BULK of MHA's sales come from its latest two volumes. So on and so forth. KnY and JJK are cultural phenomenon. They have effectively surpassed one piece and I give those series the benefit of pretty much accomplishing such.

The rest do not, because they sell less per Volume than One Piece does.
If OP BULK is only last volume this explain why OP is losing fans and not winning while already finished works sell A LOT MORE than OP and even JJK that is not finished yet.

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here but my point is only that OP is on a downfall and your excuse is that KnY and JJK are phenomenons so we can't take in consideration?

If OP BULK is only last volume this explain why OP is losing fans and not winning while already finished works sell A LOT MORE than OP and even JJK that is not finished yet.

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here but my point is only that OP is on a downfall and your excuse is that KnY and JJK are phenomenons so we can't take in consideration?
??

Prove to me where OP is losing fans? I've already stated that the buy in value is way tougher to justify for one piece. If you want to be a fan, you have to spend 100s of dollars to get nearly a 100 volumes. That by itself is a deterrent.

Repeat after me: One Piece still sells more volumes than any other manga outside of KnY and JJK. LIKE one piece was in 2010-2012, they are phenomenons that massively outsell the competition. One Piece hasn't seen sales like Marineford SINCE Marineford.

It's current sales are relatively the same overall, and those sales fluctuate. Oricon also counts physical volumes only as far as I'm aware, not electronic volumes.

Again, realize that One Piece IS a 100 volume manga. It's harder for someone to justify buying volume 99 of they don't have 1-98 first. It's much easier to justify buying volume 15 of JJK when it's much cheaper to own the first 14 volumes.

??

Prove to me where OP is losing fans? I've already stated that the buy in value is way tougher to justify for one piece. If you want to be a fan, you have to spend 100s of dollars to get nearly a 100 volumes. That by itself is a deterrent.

Repeat after me: One Piece still sells more volumes than any other manga outside of KnY and JJK. LIKE one piece was in 2010-2012, they are phenomenons that massively outsell the competition. One Piece hasn't seen sales like Marineford SINCE Marineford.

It's current sales are relatively the same overall, and those sales fluctuate. Oricon also counts physical volumes only as far as I'm aware, not electronic volumes.

Again, realize that One Piece IS a 100 volume manga. It's harder for someone to justify buying volume 99 of they don't have 1-98 first. It's much easier to justify buying volume 15 of JJK when it's much cheaper to own the first 14 volumes.
OP peak sale per volume was Fishmen Island. Nowadays OP is not even passing the 2mi mark per volume.
What proof you need?

Did you read my? You are comparing OP to other mangas I'm comparing OP with OP. OP peak with OP shit that is nowadays.
And you have no argument on that because I'm not comparing OP peak sales but I'm comparing sales per volume just like you did.
Funny how you say this yet can't explain to me why One Piece, after 100 volumes, still outsells Kingdom, MHA, AoT and hundreds of other manga on a per volume basis. These other manga released 4-5 volumes last year. One Piece released 3. It's only released 1 volume this year and still managed to make the top 10 while the rest of have multiple volumes out this year or have ended.

So again, stop dancing around the point. I've answered your question about declining sales. With every volume it gets harder and harder to justify buying the 100th volume of something if you don't own the 99th, 98th, 97th, etc. One Piece's decline in sales is also extremely relative to its length, not JUST its popularity.

Funny how you say this yet can't explain to me why One Piece, after 100 volumes, still outsells Kingdom, MHA, AoT and hundreds of other manga on a per volume basis. These other manga released 4-5 volumes last year. One Piece released 3. It's only released 1 volume this year and still managed to make the top 10 while the rest of have multiple volumes out this year or have ended.

So again, stop dancing around the point. I've answered your question about declining sales. With every volume it gets harder and harder to justify buying the 100th volume of something if you don't own the 99th, 98th, 97th, etc. One Piece's decline in sales is also extremely relative to its length, not JUST its popularity.
Funny as you keep comparing OP to other mangs while I'm only comparing OP with OP itself.

OP had his peak at Marineford. Lot of fans. From that time to now it has be losing fans and sales per volume show that. Doesn't matter if it still better than others mangas(not KnY and JJK as stated by you) OP is shit now compared to Marineford.

Funny as you keep comparing OP to other mangs while I'm only comparing OP with OP itself.

OP had his peak at Marineford. Lot of fans. From that time to now it has be losing fans and sales per volume show that. Doesn't matter if it still better than others mangas(not KnY and JJK as stated by you) OP is shit now compared to Marineford.
.... why did you even quote me lmao.

You are literally starting an argument over something I'm not even talking about. One Piece still outsells every other manga outside the top 2 here, that was my whole point.

Maybe make your case when it doesn't sell more than most other Shonen on the market. We all know KnY and JJk are huge right now. But you are expecting their craze to continue and not die out just like One Piece.

Guaranteed if JJK was a 100 volumes long, it would not sell as well. It's like according to you, people can't like new things without shitting on the old.

One Piece consistently sells millions of copies per year after 25 years. No other manga has come close to that, and chances are no other manga will.

You are literally starting an argument over something I'm not even talking about. One Piece still outsells every other manga outside the top 2 here, that was my whole point.

Maybe make your case when it doesn't sell more than most other Shonen on the market. We all know KnY and JJk are huge right now. But you are expecting their craze to continue and not die out just like One Piece.

Guaranteed if JJK was a 100 volumes long, it would not sell as well. It's like according to you, people can't like new things without shitting on the old.

One Piece consistently sells millions of copies per year after 25 years. No other manga has come close to that, and chances are no other manga will.
I quote you because you quote me. Are you dumb or what?

OP used to outsell every manga. No it already dropped to 3rd position.

Not sure about JJK but KnY is already big then OP ever was. It has better sales per volume than OP ever had. But I'm not the one comparing OP with others works you are.

OP peak had more volumes per sales than now. If it dropped it means because it lost fans along the way. There is no other explanation. People are not buying so much after Fishmen Island because the history sucks. You can't argue other way because this is reality.

I think you're talking to a wall. Just agree and go.

I predicted this years ago

Major Problems:

Pace:
Its awful its dragging and slow unnecessary things get more attention then it should be
WCI did took nearly 80 chapters but could be wraped up in 50 chapters
The same with Wano awful long

Side-character focus:
Rebecca, Otama and so on are so dragging and arent liked yet he still insists on them

fight:
Major problem Kingdom, MHA or OPM they scorring in combat scenes there well written and the choreography is top notch
And OP
just teasing , skipping few scenes and you have to wait 40 weeks for it fights are just 10% of an arc a 15-year old doesnt want to see plot armour but want to see the technique of his favorite characters instead skipping
Doflamingo, Fuji vs Law
Doffy vs Law
clash royale in colosseum
Burgess vs Sabo
Fujitora vs Sabo
all skipped but Rebecca gets 4 chapter for her background

next point flashbacks:
Some are really intersting but its too much another dragging point

Yonko:
are the biggest disapointment
they are stupid, clumsy, easy to deceive you cant take them seriously and they dont have the enemy vibe like Croc or Lucci
buffons that can easily be tricked

Crew:
Oda soley focuses on Luffy the crew doesnt play a major role like in the pre-ts-arcs

Robin and Nami fanservice
Sanji punchin bag
Ussop and chopper didnt evolve one bit
and so on
most of them cant even use haki bad

anime:
Its one of the major factors it sucks it just milking awfully animation awful pace
The characters dont even have proper animation its like a cartoon for 6 year old a decacde ago the animation was much better

breaks:
Oda stretches things up the breaks make it even longer

Plot-armour
its so stupid Nami gets Zeus
Otama can take out elite-pirates
Luffy will be saved everytime he fails
Brulee saves Luffy
BM hunger attack
BM take out P1 and Ulti
and so on

All in one Oda is past his zenith he doesnt have the quality how things are solved is stupid
Nami gets Zeus and Sanji gets Suit
just give them haki or adv haki why do you need to give them something from someone else its like cheating

Its a pity but this trending will ruin One Piece

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I aint suprised by this. OP as it is is running on old fumes. It is manga from previous Era that is just being overrun by new age

MHA, JJK , KNY and the rest of New Age just bring more stuff to the table. Aint afraid to take risks wheres Oda sticks to one formula over and over