House of the Dragon

Season I Favourite Characters?

• Total voters
Laena had this one episode, not counting the time she was a child, to be cool.

Why should we actually care about her β€œdramatic” death 🀣

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
No. The characters need to be somewhat explained and spent screen time on for the death to be impactful.

Oberyn had at least 7 episodes for this, and was extremely likeable.
Not every death should be impactful. If all are impactful non is. Same goes for characters

As much certain deaths felt rushed, truth is their chatacters didnt play that much big of all role to begin with

Some people just die, that is how it is.

Sure it is a shame if you liked the chatacter but special deaths are for special characters

Not every death should be impactful. If all are impactful non is. Same goes for characters

As much certain deaths felt rushed, truth is their chatacters didnt play that much big of all role to begin with

Some people just die, that is how it is.

Sure it is a shame if you liked the chatacter but special deaths are for special characters
? Not all deaths should be impactful, but none are impactful here. And that’s a problem cause then you’re introducing characters to die and nothing else. They don’t help the story or complete it. It all just revolves around four characters who have in fact very little character background.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
? Not all deaths should be impactful, but none are impactful here. And that’s a problem cause then you’re introducing characters to die and nothing else. They don’t help the story or complete it. It all just revolves around four characters who have in fact very little character background.
Eh i mean certain deaths in this series did progress the plot and characters (Cole and Joffrey, Strongs, Rhaenyras mom etc...)

As for main 4. Idk how much background you need but have been with them for some time now to know why thet are the way they are. We know why Daemon is the way he is, we know why Alice is the way she is, same for others

Eh i mean certain deaths in this series did progress the plot and characters (Cole and Joffrey, Strongs, Rhaenyras mom etc...)

As for main 4. Idk how much background you need but have been with them for some time now to know why thet are the way they are. We know why Daemon is the way he is, we know why Alice is the way she is, same for others
None of those deaths were impactful cause we didn’t care about them (which goes back to not being explored), it was a yawn. And they hardly progressed the story as well. The story has been the same from the beginning, Rhae wants to rule and she has a crush on Daemon.

Oh? What do we know? Pray tell. Cause all Daemon has been from the start is whimsical (we don’t know why cause we don’t know anything about him), loyal and with a crush on his niece. None of these are further explained.

Alicent lol. It was mildly shown that she hated being married to an old guy but that wasn’t explored at all. Now she wants to protect her children which is a fine mother trope, but that’s all it is.

Why is Viserys such a kind king? No one knows etc.

And Rhae, she’s the pinnacle of the bad bunch. The only time she ever did something in the show except for brooding over the throne was going to retrieve the egg. Which in fact was just part of her Daemon flirting.

Personally, it isn't even team Black that's annoying me that much

Both teams are dicks
Yep, all these people suck.

The Greens are horrible people, I'm not going to argue against that. But the Blacks too have shown no problem whatsoever in murdering innocents for their schemes, have made idiotic political choices/decisions on important matters, are as power thirsty as anyone else, have a stupid sense of entitlement etc. You'll find all these traits inside the group as a whole.

Obviously no problem with people taking sides lol but personally I just want to watch the shitshow.

Plot twist: At the end the winners are destroyed in a battle for justice by an army of peasants led by a gigachad farmer who greatly inspires them:feelsokeman:

At least in places like r/HouseoftheDragon, you'll find people trying to downplay the stupid/bad/evils of the Blacks while jumping like hungry starved sharks at Greens for their own deeds, true. I see certain posts or comments and I'm like "Ayo, wtf?"πŸ˜‚

Yep, all these people suck.

The Greens are horrible people, I'm not going to argue against that. But the Blacks too have shown no problem whatsoever in murdering innocents for their schemes, have made idiotic political choices/decisions on important matters, are as power thirsty as anyone else, have a stupid sense of entitlement etc. You'll find all these traits inside the group as a whole.

Obviously no problem with people taking sides lol but personally I just want to watch the shitshow.

Plot twist: At the end the winners are destroyed in a battle for justice by an army of peasants led by a gigachad farmer who greatly inspires them:feelsokeman:

At least in places like r/HouseoftheDragon, you'll find people trying to downplay the stupid/bad/evils of the Blacks while jumping like hungry starved sharks at Greens for their own deeds, true. I see certain posts or comments and I'm like "Ayo, wtf?"πŸ˜‚
That subreddit is the definition of circlejerk
Post automatically merged:

Viserys taking off his mask at the dinner table
"Bro, we're eating here, come on."

Last edited:
"Daemon thinking Aemond is funny" is funny. But personally, I still prefer the younger Aemond, losing an eye for a dragon is better than throwing mainstream provocations at your cousins since their birth.

And was this entire episode a goodbye to Viserys ? Not sure anything else really happened.

And was this entire episode a goodbye to Viserys ? Not sure anything else really happened.
Kind of works that way. And as a look at what could have been without the confussion of Aegon (Visery's son) and the Prince that was Promised. There were insults thrown around but Alicent and Rhaenyra were on good-ish terms when they said their goodbyes. But Visery's rumblings to Alicent will quickly make everything go as far south as south goes

Just watched n8, nice episode. Just some thoughts here and there:

-Visery's actor gives great performance after great performance. He had great moments (like for example the iron throne scene, him walking while being annouced as the king), his struggle and pain both physical and for the coldness between the members of "his" family, him somehow trying to tackle them. This episode he gathered up all the remaining forces within him.

- Rhaenys. She said the Hightowers would make their move, she made his move.

- The dinner scenes. Viserys aside, we got Alicent/Rhaenyra, a shifting tone that was done well - many emotions were present at that dinner.

- Now, I kept the two Madlads of the episode for last. I'm talking of course of Daemon updating his kill count in front of everybody and Aemond trolling these strong kids :sadgrin:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
Atp I won't even be surprised if Paddy & Matt bag Emmys for this season...

Though the way Daemon sonned Aemond :milaugh:

Peak "I was the one who created this game, pal" type energy