Speculations How does Mihawk end up being Zoro’s final opponent

How does Mihawk end up as Zoro’s final fight?

• Total voters
No plot relevance =/= Not having the same relevance as Naruto or Sasuke is Naruto lmao

And what records?
Same relevance ? Tell me what did sasuke do in background the whole season? Kill orochimaru? He survived... killed Itachi? He was dying either way from illness... final contribution can be counted.
Zoro already did much more major stuff Sasuke has ever been close to. Sasuke isn't the Main protagonist either , he's the deuteragonist.

Give me any fight Of your MC which surpasses Zoro vs King episode 1062 in ratings.

Same relevance ? Tell me what did sasuke do in background the whole season? Kill orochimaru? He survived... killed Itachi? He was dying either way from illness... final contribution can be counted.
Zoro already did much more major stuff Sasuke has ever been close to. Sasuke isn't the Main protagonist either , he's the deuteragonist.

Give me any fight Of your MC which surpasses Zoro vs King episode 1062 in ratings.
@TheAncientCenturion someone teach this kid.

And the fucking Lucci vs Luffy fight that just happened has a higher rating??

IMDB

Episode 1062 - Zoro vs King - Rating 9.7

Episode 1100 - Luffy vs Lucci 2 - Rating 9.8

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
there's no real way unless Luffy's final fight is Shanks and Mihawk ends up allying with the Red Hair Pirates, which would directly undermine the Mihawk>Shanks agenda in every single possible way

if it does take place in the epilogue, it would be short and it wouldn't be the focus. y'all know that Luffy would get all the screentime/focus in an epilogue

If the final fight in this series is Luffy vs Imu then Zoro's will be Venus. Seeing as no sane person actually believes Zoro will get the final fight in Luffy's story then I don't see how Mihawk can be anything other than a penultimate fight. Oda has had no problem adding more enemies, goals and purpose to Luffy's story beyond what we had originally believed so Zoro isn't anymore special.

And the fucking Lucci vs Luffy fight that just happened has a higher rating??
IMDB

Episode 1062 - Zoro vs King - Rating 9.7

Episode 1100 - Luffy vs Lucci 2 - Rating 9.8
Episode 1062 - Zoro vs King - Rating 9.7 (69,000 votes)
Episode 1100 - Luffy vs Lucci 2 - Rating 9.8 (15,000 votes)

69k vs 14k
And rating is 9.7 vs 9.8
Tell me which is better now.
Post automatically merged:

Just because you got an agenda to follow , doesn't mean I'm wrong. You gotta move out of that narcissistic behaviour of believing you're always correct.

Episode 1062 - Zoro vs King - Rating 9.7 (69,000 votes)
Episode 1100 - Luffy vs Lucci 2 - Rating 9.8 (15,000 votes)

69k vs 14k
And rating is 9.7 vs 9.8
Tell me which is better now.

Just because you got an agenda to follow , doesn't mean I'm wrong. You gotta move out of that narcissistic behaviour of believing you're always correct.
Bro there’s no way anyone can seriously believe that Zoro is more plot relevant to One Piece as Sasuke was to Naruto.

Bro there’s no way anyone can seriously believe that Zoro is more plot relevant to One Piece as Sasuke was to Naruto.
Plot isn't even about zoro.
I'm debating the epilogue here , Which can Zoro vs Mihawk , given the built up and hype around it and zoro popularity.

Mihawk doesn't fit anywhere else.
During fight with WG , He will be fighting Nasujuro.
During fight with BB , He will be fighting Shiryu.

Where does Mihawk even fit to have them battle between current and final arc? And how plot wise.

If he has connections to imu , Zoro will switch from nasu to Mihawk , which will end up being his final fight. Apart from that , zoro has no buisness or even the SH has any buisness with Cross guild. They will be side spectators and achieving their goals side by side.

Just when I proved you wrong with hype debate , you're Bringing up no argument now.

"How can anyone think zoro is more plot relevent than sasuke"
I only gave you an example of how final battle was and how Epilogue was. It doesn't have to as grand and majestic as final battle.

You all just have a problem with Mihawk power level and zoro reaching heights you all never wanted.

Plot isn't even about zoro.
I'm debating the epilogue here , Which can Zoro vs Mihawk , given the built up and hype around it and zoro popularity.

Mihawk doesn't fit anywhere else.
During fight with WG , He will be fighting Nasujuro.
During fight with BB , He will be fighting Shiryu.

Where does Mihawk even fit to have them battle between current and final arc? And how plot wise.

If he has connections to imu , Zoro will switch from nasu to Mihawk , which will end up being his final fight. Apart from that , zoro has no buisness or even the SH has any buisness with Cross guild. They will be side spectators and achieving their goals side by side.
I told you how. Cross Guild conquers the WG and makes it Utopia. Buggy will be the face of Imu and be the King of the World, Mihawk will be able to live in peace atop the grand line as the rest of the world floods, and Crocodile will have achieved his utopia by amassing military might surpassing the WG.

Many people believe Mihawk will be Zoro’s final fight. This could make sense from a powerscaling perspective, but how does this make any sense from a narrative perspective (and obviously narrative trumps powerscaling)? In order for this to happen, one of these nonsensical scenarios would have to play out

1. Mihawk randomly allies with the Celestial Dragons to help them cleanse the world. This obviously makes 0 sense since why would Mihawk randomly decide to help the WG commit mass genocide? And why would Oda have Mihawk get betrayed by the WG, then help form Cross Guild, only for the WG and Mihawk to randomly form an alliance again?

2. Zoro randomly decides to leave the crew behind while they’re fighting against the entire WG so that he can fight Mihawk at that moment. This is pure nonsense since Zoro already showed in TB that he puts protecting Luffy and the rest of the crew above achieving his own dream, so obviously he wouldn’t ditch them in their most dire moment to go pick a fight with Mihawk. And why wouldn’t Zoro just wait until after the WG is defeated to challenge Mihawk in that case? There’s no reason why he would have to fight Mihawk at that exact moment unless Mihawk allies with the WG for no reason.

3. Zoro vs Mihawk is the final fight of the series. This one is at least slightly less ridiculous than the previous two options, but it still makes barely any sense. The story is about Luffy, not Zoro. Why would Oda cap off the series with Zoro’s greatest triumph instead of Luffy’s greatest triumph? Not to mention that Luffy freeing the world from Imu/BB makes much more sense as an end to the story than Zoro finally claiming the WSS, which would have no effect on anyone but Zoro.
Zoro vs Mihawk is an epilogue fight probably.

Ok let me ask you, how final fight should feel?

Few options:

1. Zoro vs Juro: battle against immortal monter to the death;

2. Zoro vs Mihawk: I come to finally challenge you. Mihawk: I see I admit your power let's fight.

What fight feel with death battle energy?
More than 25 years of Luffy's crew not beating any of the Yonkos, active Shichibukais, and Admirals, but you think Lolda will sever this pattern and write one of Luffy's crew vs a Gorosei instead of one of Luffy's crew vs a former Shichibukai? :lawsigh:

I told you how. Cross Guild conquers the WG and makes it Utopia. Buggy will be the face of Imu and be the King of the World, Mihawk will be able to live in peace atop the grand line as the rest of the world floods, and Crocodile will have achieved his utopia by amassing military might surpassing the WG.
That's great headcanon bud amd good writing too but they will be only side seers like they were in marineford.
Buggy will face imu , get real , this even beyond what you said is unreal about my statements.
Utopia will be created but as a side product of wg being taken down.

But being his most important fight, with the most emotion for Zoro =/= being final fight.
It is… Zoro’s most important and emotional fight will of course be Zoro’s final fight

And that true for every character

Luffy’s most emotional and important fight will also be his final fight

same for Sanji, Robin, Chopper, Usopp, Franky, Jimbei, Brook, all of them

For this to not be true, their climaxes should simply not even be fights… If for example Chopper’s climax is unrelated to a fight, then it’s fine for whatever his final fight is to be unremarkable filler… But I doubt that will happen

for example It’s not a coincidence that Chopper wants to cure all diseases, and his final opponent is a guy who can make any disease… its very likely that somehow someway, during this Doc Q fight, that’s when chopper will learn how to cure any disease

See what I mean, even the doctor will have his final fight also coincide with the emotional climax of his character and dream…

this will be the set up for every character… And the only way this doesn’t happen is if Oda decides that something about the character’s emotional and narrative arc has nothing to do with combat, that’s the only time Oda will separate “final fight” from “narrative conclusion”

And unfortunately for you, Zoro is the only character on the crew where his whole deal is combat… Oda cannot make Zoro’s final fight not be the climactic fight of Zoro’s entire arc… that’s like as basic as having Luffy’s final fight be the fight where Luffy saves the world… this is simply what these characters whole stories have been leading up to

Last edited:
I think that if Mihawk turns out to be a member of the Nerona family.

A story line can go like this; born in Mareijoa to the Nerona family, trained with the sword by Nasujuro and Garling at a young age, after he had nothing to learn left to the seas to take on strong swordsmen against the CDs wishes.

Eventually got involved with the marines and betrayed by them, became the marine hunter and earned his bounty as a result. After Roger’s execution, had his legendary battle with shanks and then joined the Shichibukai later.

After the one piece is found and the dissolution of CG, Mihawk finds himself back at Mareijoa but his family rejects him as they now have S-Hawk who had surpassed him, and he fights several God Knights including Garling(kills Garling) and finally fights S-Hawk, who proves to be a stronger version of himself, Mihawk pushes past his limit and achieves haki bloom and defeats S-Hawk, his family allows him back and he takes Garling’s position as God’s Knight’s commander in the final war

Sanji takes on the second strongest God’s Knight, “Sora” of the Nerona family who uses the power of science like the Germa but paralleling Sora from the comic strip. Monster trio vs the Nerona trio in final war

@Paperchampion23 no you should definitely power scale them

Oda will… Oda will obviously maintain a consistent power scale when making such match ups

for example, Luffy must always be way stronger than Zoro… So Luffy’s opponents must also be WAY STRONGER than Zoro’s opponents

if Luffy is fighting shanks, Zoro cannot be fighting mihawk because Shanks is not WAY STRONGER than Mihawk, Shanks is WAY STRONGER than Beckman

hence why Luffy cannot fight shanks at the same time as Zoro fights mihawk… It would mess up the gap between Luffy and Zoro
I agree with you but on the final war I think the gap will be small

Last edited:
I've said for eons that Mihawk being Zoro's final fight is pretty much impossible

There's no way anyone can explain it happening in a way that makes sense

Zoro vs Mihawk will not take place in the epilogue as the final fight of the series unless you think it'll happen offscreen

I'm sorry but that's just the reality

Think Zoro will face and beat Mihawk prior to Luffy becoming pirate . Anything less then the Worlds Greatest Swordsman would make him(KoTP) look bad

I've said for eons that Mihawk being Zoro's final fight is pretty much impossible

There's no way anyone can explain it happening in a way that makes sense

Zoro vs Mihawk will not take place in the epilogue as the final fight of the series unless you think it'll happen offscreen

I'm sorry but that's just the reality
Who thought Mihawk would be part of Buggy's crew? The fact this happened practically exludes possibility of Mihawk being defeated by such garbage as Shiryu or someone else.

Zoro vs Mihawk will happen. There is no one better, stronger and greater opponent for Zoro's final fight.

Last edited:
Who thought Mihawk would be part of Buggy's crew? The fact this happened practically exludes possibility of Mihawk being defeated by such garbage as Shiryu or someone else.

Zoro vs Mihawk will happen. There is not one better, stronger and greater opponent for Zoro's final fight.
I never said Zoro vs Mihawk won't happen

I said it won't be his final fight

Zoro vs Mihawk will take place before the Final War in the battle for the One Piece which will include Cross Guild

Buggy pulled them into the race

The Strawhats and Cross Guild will clash at some point

Dude Zoros literally my 3rd favorite but you can’t act like his story is super pivotal to the plot when it wasn’t even pivotal to Wano. Hell Luffy got called the new Ryuma.

Zoro vs Mihawk literally doesn’t have the same hype as Luffy vs BB or Imu because BB and Imu have been bigger deals in the story even if Mihawk was introduced first he’s the least impactful
"Zoro vs mihawk got less hype than Luffy vs bb or imu":saden:

No other opponent got a black blade but we re still arguing about this, the dumbest community of all time without any rivals :risitavirus:

Zoro and Luffy made a bet that zoro should be wss when luffy becomes PK

So whatever you wish for won't happen unless Mihawk isn't wss anymore and becomes a gorosei or admiral or Knight to end up as Zoro's final fight at final war

The final fight of the series will be Luffy's not Zoro's
Luffy always ends his battle last in every arc that SHs all get their fights