General & Others How Does Sanji Surpass Yamato?

How Does Sanji Surpass Yamato? (Choose up to 3)

• Haoshoku coating

• Lunarian genes

• Advanced observation

• Advanced armament

• Vegapunk enhancements

• Something else (reply in thread)

• Sanji does not surpass Yamato

• Germa enhancements

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Yamato is largely overrated so it shouldn't be that much of a problem for Sanji to become stronger than her. She is no different from a strong YC, we saw her fight against Ulti and Sasaki.

If she is really stronger than King and Queen, i don't see why this thread doesn't mention Zoro.
Zoro has yet to beat his opponent and he might need even more PUs.
King neg diffs Queen lmao

You guys wanked Zoro the same way after rooftop. Yamato feats on the roof don't make her a Top Tier.
Zoro did similar if not better against Kaidou & still got ragdolled by King. Even after this chapter with Enma stuff it is not clear it is going to be easy fight for Zoro.

And yet Zoro could already be stronger than Yamato. That makes Yamato weaker than King aka she is High Tier. Sanji after beating Queen could very well already be above Yamato if not close enough for any of these PUs to shoot right past High Tiers.

Last edited:
Personally, I would be very disappointed if every top-tier has aCOC. For example, I would think the admirals (except Akainu) has logia awakening instead of aCOC as their trump card.

I expect Sanji and Yamato to be near the same level EOS if Yamato joins and Sanji can catch up with non-aCOC means (aCOO, more stat boost through Lunarian genes, additional exoskeleton upgrades).

One point I would note is that if Yamato joins, I don’t think Sanji has to surpass her within the next arc. I would argue that Sanji was below Robin until Enies Lobby for example, which was two arcs after she joined the crew.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Personally, I would be very disappointed if every top-tier has aCOC. For example, I would think the admirals (except Akainu) has logia awakening instead of aCOC as their trump card.

I expect Sanji and Yamato to be near the same level EOS if Yamato joins and Sanji can catch up with non-aCOC means (aCOO, more stat boost through Lunarian genes, additional exoskeleton upgrades).

One point I would note is that if Yamato joins, I don’t think Sanji has to surpass her within the next arc. I would argue that Sanji was below Robin until Enies Lobby for example, which was two arcs after she joined the crew.
Sanji was never below Robin lol

It seems as if Oda very much intends for Sanji to remain the #3 of the crew.

Robin called him the wings of the Pirate King.

The chapter when he returned to action alongside Zoro was titled "The Stars Take the Stage".

So from a narrative perspective, I would expect Sanji to remain as the #3 of the Strawhat Pirates.

How is he going to surpass Yamato? Yamato is one among "the very strongest" in the One Piece world:

It may very well be the case that Haoshoku coating is the mark of bonafide Top Tiers.

In addition to that, she has:
  • Her parallels with Ace
  • A Mythical Zoan Devil Fruit
  • Kaido's only daughter

She was imprisoned in Karioseki for most of her life, so she still has a lot of growth left with her Devil Fruit.

How is Sanji going to surpass her? Will he also ascend to become one of the very strongest? Or will he perhaps awaken Lunarian genes?

Discuss.

@Abysmal
@Afroking
@AL sama
@Arrow
@Artorias
@BaboonMihawk
@baboura
@BangMi
@Benn beck
@Biff
@Bittersteel
@Blackbeard
@Blackflamesanji
@BleakAsh
@Bogard
@bottleinlaw
@Bounty
@Bullet
@Buusatan94
@Camie
@CaptainJackSparrow
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@Cobra.
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Debanv
@djiayebee
@Doggo
@Dr_Professor83
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enryu
@Exodia.
@Extravlad
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@FW123
@Garp the Fist
@Gensui Sazid
@Go D. Trussop
@God Ward
@Gol D. Roger
@GreenEggsAHam
@Guan Yu
@Hakuba-EneL
@Hanzo hattori
@Haoshoku
@Hedfi
@HeroesNZ
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@Ichiro Miyata
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@ImpalerDragon
@Ishin
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Janshal
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@KaiHiei
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@Kikodog78
@King of the world
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@knuckleheadninja
@kumae
@Kuroraito
@kurwa
@Lampyris
@Light D Lamperouge
@Liquidhate
@Lobotomizedrobot
@LolonoisZolo
@LordVinsmoke
@Lucas
@Luffy is the mc
@Luslec
@Marimo_420
@MarineHQ62
@Master OF Haki
@mckengrie
@Midnight Delight
@Missy
@Mochiman
@Momoheechulkabe9000
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterKaido
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Natalija
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@NotTommy
@ODIAK D.TSEGNORTS
@Olimaat
@Onito
@Parker
@Patryipe
@Peroroncino
@playa4321
@Prince Kronos
@PuckTheGreat
@Punpun
@Queen
@Raphaelxblack
@RayanOO
@Reddot4
@rednose
@Reign
@Rivaille
@RobertoTheOharaSurvivor
@Robin swan
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Ryuma
@Sabriya
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@scoobie3
@Screws Loose242
@Sentinel
@Seth
@ShadowStyle369
@Shanal
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@Shisui_038
@shuyaku
@silverfire
@SmokedOut
@sneko
@Soleus
@solis
@Stack Bundles Chinx
@Stalker
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@Sunita
@Syphin
@Tenshi No Konan
@TheAncientCenturion
@TheKnightOfTheSea
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Tris
@True God Moe
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Venom
@Vonal
@Weeman
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Yo Tan Wa
@Yoshioka Seijuro
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro D Goat
@zoroebok
@ZoroIsOverrated
@Zorojuro
@Zowo
Say, don't dragonflies have four wings?

Kingfisher

The Green Sniper
He still is, or below every woman for that matter. It doesn't matter how strong you are, If you can't defeat one on 1 on 1, you are weaker than her. If you can't lay a finger on a woman, it's completely your problem. Your opponent girl would tear you up.

He will get a PU then another one then yet another one all the way until he catches up.

For a second I thought Oda had indeed decided to leave him behind since his feats since post time skip were utter dog shit but all of a sudden against Queen he started to catch up fast and he got the honor of being named a wing.

Yamato has greater AP than Zoro. Yamato brought Kaido to his knees, something that Zoro lamented about not being able to do even with Asura
Lolwat.

Yamato's AP on a direct hit with her strongest attack barely hurt Kaido's head. Zoro was showing better AP before 1033.

After CoC coating, even portrayal-wise he stands head and shoulder above. He's the same dude who scarred Kaido for life with 30+ bones broken and that's even before getting this huge PU.

Sanji will always be 3rd strongest no matter what, you have people like garp who currently does not confirm to have COC who could fight with roger equally, you dont need COC to be candidate for the strong, you have people like doffy or chingao that are the exact opposite.

I am not too sure about that. Robin’s df are annoying to deal with for non-logias or others with some kind of defense hax. I really don’t have any particular reason to think Sanji and her physical stats were that far apart until Enies Lobby that she couldn’t just beat him just purely due to matchup (ignoring the whole not hitting woman part). Sanji didn’t even have a one v one for Skypeia.

Which thor run is that avi from btw.

It's hard to be a Sanji fan combat-wise right now.

But don't lose hope, Sanji's gonna have either another powerup or full awakening in coming chapters to defeat Queen.

Right now, Yamato's base stats are quite stronger than Sanji's.

Sanji might equal Yamato's stats if he's fully awakened (Lunarian DNA/Germa Exoskeleton).

However, Yamato has COC coating which is the meta for top tiers.

I'm afraid even fully awakening Lunarian DNA/Germa Exoskeleton might not be enough for Sanji to be stronger than Yamato.

In short, Sanji needs:

1. Full Awakening (Lunarian DNA/Germa Exoskeleton)

2. COC coating / Another powerup that can offset COC coating

:cheers:

Btw, while Adv CoC is indeed a huge boost, there are "third wheels" that don't get it.

Luffy - Kidd - LAW
Luffy - Ace - SABO.

I always thought Sanji fit this "3rd" trope and, like Law and Sabo, he wouldn't need it to be a powerhouse. Especially if he doesn't fight opponents that have it as well.
So, unless I see GreenBull or Lafitte rocking some Adv CoC as well, I don't think Sanji needs it.
:yearight:
:josad::josad:

Man, I hate that pattern, oda is trying to not make CoC seem that necessary but gives it 1st and 2nd strongest making it seem important and contradicting the point he's trying to make, that you don't need coc to be strong
Post automatically merged:

Lmao sanji ain’t getting CoC bruhh

What ? Those are already there his powerup is just a bit of endurance nothing much nothing more, might use some new move on Queen but he sure as hell ain’t getting any other powerup

Sanji is not compareable to Yamato at all and I doubt Oda has any plans to make him be above Yamato.
:kata: he's getting a new power up, obviously, heck maybe 2

And he is comparable at this point, she currently mid diffs him

How can zoro suprpass yamato?
Last chapter just showed he never will surpass her

:myman: he's already stronger

Last edited: