General & Others How Does Sanji Surpass Yamato?

How Does Sanji Surpass Yamato? (Choose up to 3)

• Haoshoku coating

• Lunarian genes

• Advanced observation

• Advanced armament

• Vegapunk enhancements

• Something else (reply in thread)

• Sanji does not surpass Yamato

• Germa enhancements

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't know Sanji cooks while on fire:suresure:

Sanji is the crew's cook. Luffy's cook. Hence Luffy didn't want to eat anything unless it was from Sanji.

:crazwhat:this guy writing his own manga
:lawsigh:
What do you want to call bursting into flammes?

It's basically ace's devil fruit without the ability to turn into fire

And you're missing the whole point

Luffy chose sanji because sanji is a passionate cook

That passion also affects his combat abilities because you know, this is one piece, will and emotions are tengible forces

Imagine if Oda sensei dismissed the M3 dynamics at least from a power level perspective, but if anything King looks much stronger than Yamato. Sanji getting there is not absurd as a thought.

Luffy in WCI: without Sanji he decided not to eat anything and said he won't be able to he PK.
Clearly Luffy values Sanji's cooking more than strength:kayneshrug:
You're really not making any sense here. The point here isn't if Luffy values Sanji's cooking over his strength but if it's more important for his journey than let's say Robin's ability to read poneglyphs. Luffy 'values' all his crewmembers equally and everyone's ability in terms of what different they provide for the crew is equal. If you don't think that then you're reading the series wrong. Only strength makes sense here.

Also, what would Luffy do if he valued his strength more? Give up fighting? Lol.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
By beating Sasaki and Ulti.
Seethe:

Yamato was only stalling a already weaken kaido, dou guys really think king or Queen can't do that plus better, yamato ant over king or Queen, plus sanji isn't even finished from getting power ups this arc, the sanji now is only lacking AP & that will change very soon, I'm leaning towards lunarian genes it's gonna be epic
Think after beating King/Queen Zoro and Sanji will already be over her, dont seem like she can beat the all stars. Kaido have even send just the F6 after her.

Robin and Franky also looks stronger than Zoro/Sanji at first
Queen and for now even King are not among "a handful of the very strongest".

Everyone capable of Haoshoku coating (including Yamato) are Top Tiers in the One Piece world.

Sanji is stronger than Yamato. He would last a minute with a non serious Kaido.
Did you mean to say "isn't"?

I agree here.

Black flames from COA would be under "Advanced COA" IMO.

Beating Queen is not enough to show any sort of superiority over Yamato.

Yamato is one among the "very strongest":

She's a Top Tier.

Defeating Queen wouldn't let Sanji contend with Top Tiers, so it's not enough to surpass Yamato.
Depends on what kind of PU Sanji is getting exactly, as I said I'm a strong believer that Sanji will be getting Adv CoC. Also, if he gets some Lunarian related stuff he can't be underestimated considering what King is capable of doing.

You're really not making any sense here. The point here isn't if Luffy values Sanji's cooking over his strength but if it's more important for his journey than let's say Robin's ability to read poneglyphs. Luffy 'values' all his crewmembers equally and everyone's ability in terms of what different they provide for the crew is equal. If you don't think that then you're reading the series wrong. Only strength makes sense here.

Also, what would Luffy do if he valued his strength more? Give up fighting? Lol.
:kaidowhat:those are Luffy's words. Not my fault you do not understand them.

Only strength makes sense to you because you can't accept what is in the manga:kayneshrug:

Go back and read what Luffy thinks are Sanji's best qualities

Only strength makes sense to you because you can't accept what is in the manga:kayneshrug:

Luffy's words: sanji is the best chef

he is a kind guy

he is worth 1000 men

Sanji is the third strongest in the crew, that's the whole point of their dynamics

You're still ignoring the main point. The question isn't if he values Sanji's food skills more or his strength. It's if he values him more than Robin or someone else to be called the wing which makes sense, lol. He never said he cares for Sanji more than any other strawhat.

Yamato is a bit overrated tbh.
She went 1 vs 1 against his father for some minutes, ok, but that's not something that a strong YC couldn't do (look at Marco vs King and Queen for 30 minutes or him vs Big Mom and Perospero), considering that she just stalled him and she didn't really hurted him.

That's said, she will probably be > EoW Sanji but likely a bit under EoS Sanji for narrative reasons if she joins the SH.
The routes that Oda seems to have though for Sanji's growth are his genes and CoO (he could unlock CoC but I'm actually more convinced that he's not that type of character).
He has now a strong body that's like a permanent armament haki (so durability + more AP + some sort of regeneration), his flames could be related with the lunarian stuff (and that could increase futher his AP) and EoS he could even reach a level of CoO similar to Katakuri's one.
They could be both around YC1+/admiral level EoS with a slight edge for the cook.

I agree here.

Black flames from COA would be under "Advanced COA" IMO.

Beating Queen is not enough to show any sort of superiority over Yamato.

Yamato is one among the "very strongest":

She's a Top Tier.

Defeating Queen wouldn't let Sanji contend with Top Tiers, so it's not enough to surpass Yamato.
Kadio say ”only handful of the very strongest can”. He did not use “all” or “only strongest have coc”

Let say if one piece character A punch the island with one punch but don‘t even have coc. This character A beat Yamato or wano luffy.
Advanced coc is boost your attack power than normal. You have to use feats, portray, etc.

My reaction to coc wank fr0m another forum.
Of course coc just boost your attack power it is overated power like coc. having coating coc does not make you unbeatable. People wank coc like crazy

Advanced coc boost your attack power and it supposedly to be better version of coa or even advanced version.

Do people seriously believe luffy/zoro beat goku ? Luffy and zoro have advanced coc. Goku don’t.

Let stop using this dumb logic and use feats to judge coc power.

Dont give us sky spit argument nonsense, our nukes or super volcanoes like Yellowstone Caldera are more dangerous than sky spit
Sky split is cooling showing when both coc clash each other.

What happen if none coc user clash aganist advanced coc user ? Will the sky split or not ? Don’t know
If already happen in this manga. Let me know

Advanced coc just boost your attack power when you coating coc.

Dont ever compare me to backstabber traitor side switch of appo zowo guy
Now if sanji show better feats in future or this arc than Yamato even he don’t have coc thing.

If ussop have advanced coc , does he beat sanji in fight ? No, sanji is stronger than ussop.

I will take my L if sanji is not show stronger than Yamato during Blackbeard arc or before.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kadio say ”only handful of the very strongest can”. He did not use “all” or “only strongest have coc”

Let a one piece character A punch the island with one punch but don‘t even have coc. This character A beat Yamato or wano luffy.
Advanced coc is boost your attack power than normal. You have to use feats, portray, etc.

My reaction to coc wank fr0m another forum.

Now if sanji show better feats in future or this arc than Yamato even he don’t coc thing.

If ussop have advanced coc , does he beat sanji in fight ? No, sanji is stronger than ussop.

I will take my L if sanji is not show stronger than Yamato during Blackbeard arc or before.
No, Kaido's statement implies that in order to be capable of Haoshoku coating one must be a Top Tier.

It's portrayal, not a feat specific thing.

The ability to infuse Haoshoku into your attacks is incontrovertible proof that one is a Top Tier.

You're still ignoring the main point. The question isn't if he values Sanji's food skills more or his strength. It's if he values him more than Robin or someone else to be called the wing which makes sense, lol. He never said he cares for Sanji more than any other strawhat.
And where did I say he said he cares for Sanji more than any strawhat?

My point was Luffy values Sanji's cooking more than his fighting.

#3 in importance falls under the food category. Robin called Sanji as Luffy's wings so obviously she thinks He's more important
Post automatically merged:

Luffy's words: sanji is the best chef

he is a kind guy

he is worth 1000 men

Sanji is the third strongest in the crew, that's the whole point of their dynamics
:lawsigh:
And out of those 3, Luffy values Sanji's cooking and kindness over his strength.

This was made clear in WCI when Luffy agreed with Judge that strength is not among Sanji's best qualities

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
as I said I'm a strong believer that Sanji will be getting Adv CoC.
Why? What sort of kingly ambitions does Sanji have? What sort of King does Sanji seek to become?

Does Sanji even have clear incontrovertible proof of Hardening yet?

Also, if he gets some Lunarian related stuff he can't be underestimated considering what King is capable of doing.
I agree here.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
One can be among the very strongest and not be top tier
People we know that are capable of using Haoshoku coating:
  • Roger
  • Whitebeard
  • Oden
  • Kaido
  • Luffy post 1010
  • Linlin
  • Yamato
  • Zoro post 1033

I don't think there's anyone among them that isn't a "Top Tier".

All of them are well above the likes of Marco and Katakuri.

And Kaido didn't say that only the very strongest can use it. He said that only a handful of the very strongest can use it. That means that even among the very strongest of the One Piece verse, Haoshoku coating is the mark of a select few.

Furthermore, all the mightiest Pirates we know seem to be capable of Haoshoku coating. So I think that there's decent chances that the ability to coat attacks in Haoshoku is the mark of a bonafide Top Tier.

People we know that are capable of using Haoshoku coating:
  • Roger
  • Whitebeard
  • Oden
  • Kaido
  • Luffy post 1010
  • Linlin
  • Yamato
  • Zoro post 1033

I don't think there's anyone among them that isn't a "Top Tier".

All of them are well above the likes of Marco and Katakuri.

And Kaido didn't say that only the very strongest can use it. He said that only a handful of the very strongest can use it. That means that even among the very strongest of the One Piece verse, Haoshoku coating is the mark of a select few.

Furthermore, all the mightiest Pirates we know seem to be capable of Haoshoku coating. So I think that there's decent chances that the ability to coat attacks in Haoshoku is the mark of a bonafide Top Tier.
Out of that list, I don't think the bolded are top tiers yet.
Being well above Marco and Katakuri =\= being top tier. King for example is well above Marco but I don't think he's a top tier.

That statement in of itself means you don't need Adcoc to be among the very strongest, however using Adcoc means you are part of the very strongest.
The term very strongest does not necessarily mean top tier

Katakuri is considered a mighty pirate yet he doesn't have adcoc. So like I said, you can be part of mightiest or the very strongest but still not be top tier