Questions & Mysteries How Many Of You Actually Like Mihawk?

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
This a question im posing mainly to the Zoro/Mihawk fandom. How many of you guys actually like Mihawk the character. Before you answer, consider these questions.

1. What do you actually like about Mihawk thats not tied to perceived power levels
2. Would you like Mihawk if he wasn't tied to Zoro in any way?
3. If Zoro's goals were to shift to someone else or if he simply resolved on not accomplishing his goal, would you still like Mihawk
4. If Mihawk is revealed to be weaker than you perceive him to be, would you still like him? For example if Oda somehow retcons Mihawk and sticks him at FM/YC1 level, would you remain a fan of his?
5. If Mihawk was to be humiliated or not done justice by Oda, (Whatever you consider humiliation) would you still like him.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
  1. Vampire/Dracula vibe along with his cross motif. Not to mention his apparent “it’s so lonely at tha top” view of tha world that he has going on
  2. Yes, I like Mihawk far more than I like Zoro
  3. Yes, see above
  4. Again yes, my favorite character is “YFM Lvl”
  5. And again yes, I can’t get mad at tha man for how he treats his own characters lmao. If he wants Mihawk to be viewed as a circus clown, who am I to tell em any different?

This a question im posing mainly to the Zoro/Mihawk fandom. How many of you guys actually like Mihawk the character. Before you answer, consider these questions.

1. What do you actually like about Mihawk thats not tied to perceived power levels
3. If Zoro's goals were to shift to someone else or if he simply resolved on not accomplishing his goal, would you still like Mihawk
4. If Mihawk is revealed to be weaker than you perceive him to be, would you still like him? For example if Oda somehow retcons Mihawk and sticks him at FM/YC1 level, would you remain a fan of his?
5. If Mihawk was to be humiliated or not done justice by Oda, (Whatever you consider humiliation) would you still like him.
This is actually a good thread to have a discussion on his personality and not only on Power Level Debates - Mihawk is one of my top 5 fav characters and I'll explain simply by answering your questions

1. One of the main reasons Mihawk is my favorite is because he is the best in the World and he, himself knows this, Mihawk is a confident character and takes pride in everything he does this is a person, who even when challenged won't fight, why ? Cause he knows already he's going to win (why waste his time)

- The main character himself even with plot on his side decided to run away from this man (faced against admirals in the same arc he was ready to fight them)

- AGAIN confidence — arrived at a yonko's island, demanded to speak to the commanders, once in front of the commanders talked smack to the captain and left — IF THIS ISN'T BOSS I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS

2. YES

3. YES

4. My point of view regarding Mihawk will shift due to the fact that his confidence was pretty much all talk, having a World title shouldn't be taken as a joke, but if Oda displays Mihawk being knocked out or even taking damage from someone who is (as an example) cracker level it'd be highly disappointing. - my favoritism for him would diminish

5. same as #4 my favoritism for him would diminish, he'd still be one of my favs but similarly what's happening to the Kaido fans right now, pretty much demanding justice or some form of explantation as to why the character is being treated in a certain manner

Tho in the minority
there are folks that like mihawk without any connection to zoro

1. recognized how strong someone else's will to get to the top, no matter how weak zoro was back then, was able to see he had the drive and potential to pose an actual threat to his title. took him under his wing and hoped that someday he can be greater than he is. I believe the other character to do this in the story is shanks. put any other prominent character in there and they would do everything in their power to kill those dreams off .
great people who look to mentor other great people are dime a dozen." all might - midoriya" would be the best way to put this in less words.

2.able to perceive/read characters a lot better than most folk in the series
examples.
probably the first person to highlight luffy's greatest power was turning folks around him into allies .
recognized zoro only humbled himself to be trained under him because he was willing to set that pride aside to help luffy with his goal.
3. absolutely. I like mihawk a lot more than I like zoro. if there's a world where zoro could achieve his goal without mihawk being involved , wouldnt change a thing.
4. liked him when fans convinced me he was vista level when I first joined forums. still like him now.
5. if big mom getting humiliated doesnt stop you from liking her character, for folks who like mihawk, I doubt it does much.

1. His badassary knows no limit
2. Of course
3. Of course, I never like zoro but I like mihawk, so it won't be the factor to chang my mind
4. Yes, but my headcannon says it probably won't happen
5. Probably yes. Big mom is humiliated numerous times and you still like her don't you? It probably will work on me as well

I read it, easy explanation but he been focussing about Mihawk is self centered but in third paragraph he mentioned Mihawk is open minded. Cotradict a bit for me.
I'm the one who wrote this.

And it's not a contradiction open-mindedness is how you see the world. If you consider that there are more things in the world than you know, you are open minded

Self-centered is how you see yourself. If you consider yourself above others and mostly work for yourself and your own betterment, you are self centered.

For Mihawk, he sees the world open-mindedly, he actively travels the world in belief that it's possible that somewhere in the world, there's a worthy challenger. That's open-mindedness. Mihawk recognises the world is vast enough for anything to be possible

But Mihawk is self centered because he's traveling the world FOR HIMSELF. He wants to find a worthy challenger FOR HIS OWN AMUSEMENT and for his own betterment as a swordsman.

Mihawks' motivations in his intro were entirely self centered. He wants to cure his boredom. But Mihawk is still open minded. He actively travels the world even up to east blue thinking it's possible for someone somewhere to be worthy.

Open mindedness- View of the world.

Self centeredness- View of self

1. his strive to find a worthy opponent
2. yes. what I like about the character has little to do with Zoro.
3. also yes. the moment he warned Perona about what was to come he earned my respect.
4. as I do not perceive him much higher anyways, no. I may be overrating YC1/FM though. or underrating most top tiers. or w/e.
5. I do not make the mistake of expecting something. it would be fine with me if Mihawk died too.

Mihawks power level is above Shanks.
both are the EoS PL goals of Zoro and Luffy.
the likelyhood of either being less than solid top tier converges to 0.

for 5.
there is a good to fair chance that Mihawk and Zoro will never fight for the title of WSS during Luffys journey or at all. depending on how the story progresses.

I like swordsmen so yeah I would like Mihawk anyway.:goyea:

What like is the vibe around him. The guy seems to genuinely be bored. He is this guy in class who is a genius that can have A+ at any test but will just answer enough question to have B because why bother?:kayneshrug:

He also sent me the same vibe as the « D. » from « Vampire Hunter D. » and Karya Kagetoki from « Samurai Champloo » especially since he started to cultivate a potatoes field:myman:

I love his swordsmanship mentality too: A sword without grace has no strength:steef:

I also love his design. Simple but appealing and sophisticated at the same time:sweat:

I do love Zoro more but for me Mihawk exist beside his link with the santoryu:moonwalk:

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly how many people enjoy Mihawk's character for shallow reasons like power levels or purely for his connection to Zoro. I'm willing to wager a few, no more or less than any other character. Shonen audiences are not known for their nuanced understanding of characters.

Mihawk certainly has a character independent of Zoro, and I find that character very enjoyable. He is
  • Snarky
  • Honourable
  • Visionary
  • Savvy
  • A thrill seeker
  • A thoughtful friend
  • Down to earth enough to host Perona and cultivate a farm in his spare time.

Mihawk is one of the more human characters in the series. He has no grand schemes, does not obsess over territories and mostly indulges in whatever he wants, without the obligations of other powerful characters (leadership, preparations for war etc) to weigh him down. Mihawk is a fully fledged character with or without Zoro, even if Zoro has been the catalyst for some of his character development.

There is a very real possibility that Oda will ruin his character given his utterly bizarre definition of honour (cough, Oden, cough). The foundation of Mihawk's character for me is his groundedness, his resemblance to a very real set of people who have led the life they wished to but find isolation at the top.

K

Kaido D. Stronger

Kaido is barely a character. Whenever he writes Kadio scenes, Oda shakes a magic 8-ball of villain tropes and result is this trash called Kaido.
it's better than the mihawk trash, which means nothing to the MC. With no foundation in the story, shit put in the corner to be stepped on from the start.With no plans for anything, the guy is literally an empty shell, he must fuck a MONKEY every single day on that island.

Kaido's goal in being PK> WSS, this has been clear since the 1st luffy and mihawk encounter. 2nd to filth the world at war.Mihawk postpones duels with swordsmen encounter expects zoro to grow in life, literally stuck in SHIT.The simple fact of having a bow for kaido already makes it 1000000% plus ultra more relevant than shit-Hawk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
he must fuck a MONKEY every single day on that island.
Dude:sanmoji:
Kaido's goal in being PK> WSS, this has been clear since the 1st luffy and mihawk encounter. 2nd to filth the world at war.
Yeah and Crydo set to fail, Mihawk already achive his goal and Crydo will never achive his.

Mihawk = Winner
Crydo = Loser