General & Others How Shanks stopped Kaido

Did Shanks stop Kaido by fighting him?

• Yes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 78.8%

• Total voters
He stopped him by being stronger than him, it’s that simple
Kaido was alone with King, Shanks had his entire crew. We know nothing of what happened other than that.

Also Kaido was hailed as the strongest pirate by Kidd and Killer who not only had an encounter with Shanks prior and lost an arm to him but then made an alliance and targetted him again.

Oh and Kaido thought that no one could defeat him, despite Shanks being alive and them having had an altercation.

Kaido was alone with King, Shanks had his entire crew. We know nothing of what happened other than that.

Also Kaido was hailed as the strongest pirate by Kidd and Killer who not only had an encounter with Shanks prior and lost an arm to him but then made an alliance and targetted him again.

Oh and Kaido thought that no one could defeat him, despite Shanks being alive and them having had an altercation.
This “Kaido only had King with him” thing only comes from the Vivre Cards, which are worth less than the paper they’re written on, and even then the VCs didn’t explicitly state that it was only Kaido and King. I’d rather believe that Kaido isn’t stupid enough to go to Marineford with only his YC1 as backup

This “Kaido only had King with him” thing only comes from the Vivre Cards, which are worth less than the paper they’re written on, and even then the VCs didn’t explicitly state that it was only Kaido and King. I’d rather believe that Kaido isn’t stupid enough to go to Marineford with only his YC1 as backup
They are worth more than your headcanon.

Noticed you ignored the rest of my post though, I wonder why.

They are worth more than your headcanon.

Noticed you ignored the rest of my post though, I wonder why.
My headcanon’s actually worth more. At least my headcanon wouldn’t say Shanks was a Yonko 12 years ago and WB was WSM even when Roger was alive lol. Kaido is a dumbass, but he isn’t so stupid that he would he would go to MF with only King as backup lol. What would even be the point in bringing King with?

Did Kid and Killer even get to fight Shanks himself? Doubt they know much about Shanks’ true power.

Kaido also said Haki conquers all, and Shanks Haki >> Kaido’s Haki. Kaido also grouped Shanks in with 4 other guys who gave him L’s.