General & Others How Shanks stopped Kaido

Did Shanks stop Kaido by fighting him?

• Yes

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 78.8%

• Total voters
My headcanon’s actually worth more. At least my headcanon wouldn’t say Shanks was a Yonko 12 years ago and. Kaido is a dumbass, but he isn’t so stupid that he would he would go to MF with only King as backup lol. What would even be the point in bringing King with?
Who knows what happened, since it was off screen and we have no context we cant tell or use that instance for anything power level wise.

WB was WSM even when Roger was alive lol
Whats wrong with this one ?

Did Kid and Killer even get to fight Shanks himself? Doubt they know much about Shanks’ true power.
Headcanon.
Kaido also said Haki conquers all, and Shanks Haki >> Kaido’s Haki.
The statement that no one can defeat him supercedes this other statement that was refering to Roger himself.
Kaido also grouped Shanks in with 4 other guys who gave him L’s.
Headcanon, guys that can fight him. Where do you get that Roger/WB gave him Ls?

For sure it's not a fight. I mean come on how anyone can believe here that Shanks and his crew fought King and Kaido and came to MF with 0 injuries.

Another argument is the fact King said he was undefeated so he didn't lose against the RHP.

They made a deal, probably Shanks said or gave an important thing to Kaido.
Post automatically merged:

My headcanon’s actually worth more. At least my headcanon wouldn’t say Shanks was a Yonko 12 years ago and WB was WSM even when Roger was alive lol. Kaido is a dumbass, but he isn’t so stupid that he would he would go to MF with only King as backup lol. What would even be the point in bringing King with?

Did Kid and Killer even get to fight Shanks himself? Doubt they know much about Shanks’ true power.

Kaido also said Haki conquers all, and Shanks Haki >> Kaido’s Haki. Kaido also grouped Shanks in with 4 other guys who gave him L’s.
Kaido is not a dumbass ? Are we talking about the guy who jumped from 10km above and wanted to suicide ?
Kaido is exactly the type that can go against WBP and try to fight WB. Even in his intro, he mentionned WB and his heroic death.

Who knows what happened, since it was off screen and we have no context we cant tell or use that instance for anything power level wise.

Whats wrong with this one ?

Headcanon.

The statement that no one can defeat him supercedes this other statement that was refering to Roger himself.

Headcanon, guys that can fight him. Where do you get that Roger/WB gave him Ls?
It was literally stated in the manga that WB is EQUAL to EVEN Roger… Roger is WB’s ceiling. If WB really was WSM back then for whatever reason, Oda would have introduced him as WSM instead of “Great Pirate”.

It’s also headcanon that they did fight Shanks himself…

Shanks has Roger level Haki.

Roger gave him an L at God Valley. WB obviously gave him an L at some point since Kaido wanted to settle the score with WB before his death

S

Sasaki Kojirō

It is literally stated that Kaidou and King face all the red haired pirates (all of them). (all of them).

Through secondary materials we have information that Kaidou was only with King.

It is explicitly stated that Kaidou and Shanks fought.
2 years after the incident: Kaidou is labeling Shanks as being unable to defeat him, and King declaring himself undefeated.
(With this information you can forget that something serious enough to defeat someone happened during their encounter.)

Shanks is someone who has the ability to fight Kaidou effectively via ACOC, Kaidou is beating him around high to extreme diff, and even after beating him he would have to face all the RHP who were in even greater numbers, it would be something exhausting for Kaidou and King alone, so it would be useless to proceed to MF and get there tired, however much I think that a Kaido even tired can kill that Whitebeard that was shown to us in MF. LOL

The military power that Shanks was in was able to make Pre-Yonkou Blackbeard with the most heinous criminals in the world on his side to retreat and assume they weren't ready yet, and finally make the navy follow his criteria,the fact that Kaidou had the courage to clash against such military power, with only King at his side, demonstrates the nature of the beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was literally stated in the manga that WB is EQUAL to EVEN Roger… Roger is WB’s ceiling. If WB really was WSM back then for whatever reason, Oda would have introduced him as WSM instead of “Great Pirate”.
Ill give you this one.

It’s also headcanon that they did fight Shanks himself…
No but they saw enough to decide he was weaker than Kaido, and even after getting wrecked by him they made an alliance to target him again.

Shanks has Roger level Haki.
Source: Your butt. Also doesnt supercede what Kaido said.

Roger gave him an L at God Valley. WB obviously gave him an L at some point since Kaido wanted to settle the score with WB before his death
Headcanon. We dont know that Roger personally beat him which is what you are implying here.

He was overwhelmed by shank's haki and he was in middle of sea with disadvantage against entire red haired pirate fleet he simply retreated back .

Shanks definitely has advantage with no devil fruit in his crew and in middle of sea it is easy to pacify two devil fruit users .

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest oda loves to wank shanks . Even admirals retreated before fighting him.

Kaido being in middle of sea was at disadvantage. His dragon form is easily weakest .
Kaido wouldnt be overwhelmed, the man would enjoy fighting a strong foe like Shanks. We dont know what happened between them but personality wise Kaido wouldnt react the same way to Shanks as GB or others did.

Kaido wouldnt be overwhelmed, the man would enjoy fighting a strong foe like Shanks. We dont know what happened between them but personality wise Kaido wouldnt react the same way to Shanks as GB or others did.
But in middle of sea he would be careful . Shanks can easily drown him if they clash.

Its my bad to say kaido was overwhelmed i think he backed out knowing he and king were outnumbered and possible in disadvantage .

And now we know the possibility of how Shanks stopped Kaido without fighting.
Like:
I'll give you option (Kaido):
  • Go back (Kaido with King) to Wano, or
  • I'll let you (Kaido) go after WB on Marineford. But you let Wano guard off. So i'll take Wano
Choose now Kaido!

then, Shanks said 'thanks' to Kaido like when he said to Sengoku to end the war