Hunter X Hunter General Discussion

I started reading the manga and there are finally news on it's being off-hiatus?
Nice, maybe my good karma is working again, similar thing happened to Shaman King, the author finally finished it and coincidentally the releases came back once I decided to read the manga :catrude:

I'm on Yorknew arc now, 70+ chapters in the story, so I will be able to join the conversations fairly soon :)

I started reading the manga and there are finally news on it's being off-hiatus?
Nice, maybe my good karma is working again, similar thing happened to Shaman King, the author finally finished it and coincidentally the releases came back once I decided to read the manga :catrude:

I'm on Yorknew arc now, 70+ chapters in the story, so I will be able to join the conversations fairly soon :)
Post updates as you go, im curious. YNS is one of my favorite sections.

I'm on chapter 120+ now, where they get into the game, finally.
I really dig this quest-like structure of the story, it helps to bind everything together. Interesting abilities system, too. Yorknew and the ruckus Phantom Troupe caused there was fun to read.
What is your method for reading manga quickly? :choppawhat:

What is your method for reading manga quickly? :choppawhat:
Years of practice :optimistic:

Nah, seriously, I read quite a lot, started with books, also got into mangas and webcomics... I don't really like DC and Marvel comics though, they are usually not easy to follow (with some exceptions ofc).
Plus I've always read manga in English, since it's usually not available in Ukrainian:)

More Succession War focus, and hopefully things start to escalate between the princes
The dispute is good, I think that almost half of the princes are real competitors, but Tserriednich is really different, I only see outsiders capable of defeating him.

It sure is gonna be fire. Way more characters introduced :steef::steef:
Hope to see Hisoka fighting some spider

Aaand I caught up :optimistic:

Really not feeling that Succession War arc - way too many new characters, and I'm supposed to care about them, huh? I barely care about the Zodiacs, some of them have less personality compared to prominent Chimera Ants, they got rapidly introduced, and then almost forgotten, didn't they. Glad the regulars are also on the ship, Kurapika got a lot of focus, especially in the beginning, but Leorio and Zodiacs are barely doing anything on-panel.

I am really glad Phantom Troupe and Hisoka snuck onboard, the spiders getting their flashback was cool, and overall seeing familiar faces is neat. Hisoka though, damn, his current look reminds me of Gin form Bleach! I'm surprised Phantom Troupe didn't find him though :wellwell: like, I understand it was for plot reasons, but still, some no-name mooks did it in less than 1/2 day, are you pros or what - didn't you wipe away hundreds of mafia staff in Yorknew arc?

So in a way, reading up to 339 makes sense, there's an aftermath for the Chimera Ants arc, election stuff, healing Gon, finally seeing Ging and whoa, I really liked that Gon actually paid the price and cannot use nen, at least for now.

TL;DR really liked the manga up until the Election arc, elections were boring to me, but served ok as an epilogue for that part of the story with some of the loose ends being tied up, and this new Dark Continent expedition plus Succession War don't really appeal to me that much.

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう