Chapter Discussion I’m team Kidd

Who are you cheering on?

• Total voters
Expect Kidd to beat Beckman to show his growth & actually fight with Shanks this time & maybe impress him enough to not get killed but I can’t really see a scenario where he beats Shanks.

Even if we were to assume Kidd is strong enough to give Shanks are run for his money which is a big if. What he’s doing atm is equivalent to suicide. He’s literally going up against a Yonko, his whole crew + his allies. That’s like Kidd’s crew vs Onigashima & then some. To put things into perspective Law is going up against much less & he’s still gonna be put in a spliff be Teach & his boys :catcry:

Moreover Shanks is too important & has way too much to offer to the series going forward for him to lose to Kidd. There’s the Red Hair Pirates v the SHs. More insight into Haki, more exposition into his character & his relationship with the Celestials etc. Doesn’t really make sense to me for all that go up in smoke for a bit of Kidd hype which he already has btw.

Honestly I don’t kno what Kidd is thinking, there’s a fine line btw stupidity & bravery & he might end up losing his whole crew as a result of this rash decision.

Kid cant beat Beckman and Shanks about the Rest idk.

I am expecting a mutual blood bath on both sides. This is more than just a pirate fight. From severed hand, to road poneglyph, to yonko status, to man marked by flames to the elbaaf army and above all the pirate king title are all on the line here.

Kid has to go full ruthless on the red haired pirates and should also expect the same.

Rockstar is coming as an emissary. Kid should beat the shitt out of him, cut off his hand and send him packing back to shanks as a clear message. He is coming for it all and expects the same from him in return.

The message from kid should be clear . Either the throne of the pirate king or the coffin. No middle ground.

Don't be..
Kid pirates are done..
Even law has more changes for survival (if garp arrive in time)
Shanks is too much for everyone to handle that is not in the top 5 let alone for a character that would definitely lose against BM if he was fighting her alone.
Unfortunately, even though i believe kid would reach to the top of the world, i think it's soon for him to go one on one with shanks.
And what about his crew ?
Killer vs Ben is suicide.
Heat doing what exactly?
Shanks has a crew that is probably even stronger than luffy's and we all know what strawhats would do to kid pirates if they go at it

Don't be..
Kid pirates are done..
Even law has more changes for survival (if garp arrive in time)
Shanks is too much for everyone to handle that is not in the top 5 let alone for a character that would definitely lose against BM if he was fighting her alone.
Unfortunately, even though i believe kid would reach to the top of the world, i think it's soon for him to go one on one with shanks.
And what about his crew ?
Killer vs Ben is suicide.
Heat doing what exactly?
Shanks has a crew that is probably even stronger than luffy's and we all know what strawhats would do to kid pirates if they go at it
we'll see

Kid cant beat Beckman and Shanks about the Rest idk.
Narrative~wise, I don’t see how he doesn’t beat Beckmann. There are two conditions which were established with 1076 that Kidd absolutely has to clear with this clash to show that he’s grown since the last time he’s met the Red Hair Pirates & is now a big fish now. The first is beating Beckmann who took his arm & the second is to actually make it to Shanks this time. Would be a tragedy for his character if he’s unable to achieve both of these tings.

Last edited:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I am expecting a mutual blood bath on both sides. This is more than just a pirate fight. From severed hand, to road poneglyph, to yonko status, to man marked by flames to the elbaaf army and above all the pirate king title are all on the line here.

Kid has to go full ruthless on the red haired pirates and should also expect the same.

Rockstar is coming as an emissary. Kid should beat the shitt out of him, cut off his hand and send him packing back to shanks as a clear message. He is coming for it all and expects the same from him in return.

The message from kid should be clear . Either the throne of the pirate king or the coffin. No middle ground.
Thats the way Kid is doing this.
He goes all in, there is no way back, there is no half way, no short cut, no easy way... he takes it all or nothing.
And thats the way to become stronger, according to rayleigh. You need to fight stronger foes, otherwise you cant grow and get stronger.

He doesnt need to kill Rockstar at the point (btw Rockstar already seemed pretty concerned when they announced they gonna fight Kids crew), but the message back will be clear. Maybe they throw him heavily beaten in front of Shanks, tell him he is next.

AL sama

Red Haired
„Boogey and Doory, could you give me some help here“, while he is approaching Kid, while he still has his crew and a whole fleet with him is a bit… strange.

i can see how kid will take out these two with a massive Mecha at the beginning.
its been clearly implied shanks doesn't wanna damage the place by using his powers that's why he even asked the giants to help him

Thats the way Kid is doing this.
He goes all in, there is no way back, there is no half way, no short cut, no easy way... he takes it all or nothing.
And thats the way to become stronger, according to rayleigh. You need to fight stronger foes, otherwise you cant grow and get stronger.

He doesnt need to kill Rockstar at the point (btw Rockstar already seemed pretty concerned when they announced they gonna fight Kids crew), but the message back will be clear. Maybe they throw him heavily beaten in front of Shanks, tell him he is next.
Yup .That's what I am saying!! In this juncture kid needs to bring that pre time skip ruthless agression back to the menu.

Even till this day my favourite kid panel is of him standing across a bunch of pirates he just crucified. That's the kid we need against shanks.

He is a straight shooter. He is not like aramaki or blackbeard who cowers down from an open challenge .
Beating up Rockstar and sending him packing back to shanks would be a clear sign that shit is about to go down

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Giants will come to save kidd.

Or don't be surprised if Drolly and Broggy alone take care of Kidd pirates 🤭

Shanks is overkill