Chapter Discussion I am sorry but I just cant take Luffy seriously anymore

I knew Luffy was a joke ever since dressrosa. He doesn't even want to be a great man. He's basically Peter pan.
That's the same time that I dropped off of One Piece heavy, especially with everything being drawn out, specifically the Zoro vs Pica shit, and moreso the characters just running and running and running. Like fuck off and stop wasting my time. Already wasn't digging how the Post-TS started off, but Dressrosa was the nail in the coffin for me in terms of genuinely enjoying the series in general.

I have to say that's it's real hard to enjoy Luffy's character the way Oda handled it post TS. It's gradually becoming worse.
The power ups and their horrible drawbacks. He did something good with adv CoC but then he nerfs Luffy again with G5 so that he can create fake tension whenever it's convenient for him.

But it always results in Luffy looking like a joke and an unreliable captain.
This is actually something I like about OP protagonists. You either make your protagonist really strong or stop putting them in 999 situations every arc where they get away with it due to luck.

That he doesn't know. He still believes in them no matter their status.

This is not Luffy's concern, he believes in them. He doesn't care if they had help along the way or not.

All Luffy cares about is his task and his captain's job, which is to keep the big threat from causing too much damage to his crew. And that's what he managed to do by putting down Kizaru. Luffy is not a savior, he is a captain.

Now that he managed to regain his strenght back he will continue this task.

You guys are searching flaws in something that was always here and that is perfectly logical and self explanatory.You can't say "I like Luffy more pretime skip" and say that Luffy at his limits taking a snack/nap break to come back is bad when it was written in the storylines and the characterization of Luffy since the beginning of the story... this is contradictory.
Now you are just being ridiculous. Luffy was right there and clearly saw them, so why even bother denying? Atlas even responds to his pleas, so he knew how helpless they were.

And again, it doesn’t even work since Kizaru is still up and terrorizing them.
No matter how you slice it, it’s terrible.

Goofy post Time Skip:

-The opponent kicks his ass
-Luffy eats food
-Luffy "wins"

I fucking hate what Oda did to him.
Literally what happened pre timeskip too.
Crocodile bodied him, Pell gave him food, Luffy bodied Crocodile.

Lucci bodied him, Luffy ate food (he even mentions in to Lucci that he forgot about his attack after he ate some meat), bodied Lucci.
"I fucking hate what Oda did to him"
How are you 1000 chapters into the series and you still don't know the MC?

Or at least be consistent and slander pre timeskip too, because it has the same issue as post timeskip.
"post timeskip this, post timeskip that", you all are just nostalgia swallowers

You’re not saying anything new. No matter what term you use, whether recharge or heal, Luffy shouldn’t have to when he could just restart his heart at death’s door.

Unless you’re saying that Kizaru has done worse than brought him to death’s door here, the excuses don’t work.

Nobody is saying that Luffy has to be a god or invincible. Kizaru isn’t a god either after all.
Post automatically merged:

You’re clearly the one not paying attention here because it is indeed do or die.

Bonney would be dead now without Kuma’s appearance while Luffy was busy begging for food. Vegapunk would be dead now if Kizaru decided to point a finger at his head.

Kizaru only momentarily fell and is already back up and terrorizing his crew mates with ample opportunity to kill several people.
What’s asinine is suggesting that Luffy wouldn’t consider it worth the risk to protect them when he’s already done so before.

Besides that, where is the better alternative that you suggest? Because so far it seems to only be Luffy expecting the antagonists to take pity on him and politely wait.
The situation wasn't critical when Luffy was asking for food. Saturn was still sitting there talking about Bonney and Kuma's past. It was only AFTER Kuma appeared, that situation became critical, and at that point Luffy didn't have to do anything, because.... Drumroll.... Kuma was already there... Shocking..... I know.... Luffy could have intervened at that critical point, but he didn't have to.

In the very next chapter, he had already got up and disappeared. This was before Kizaru got back up. I repeat, Luffy was already gone before Kizaru got back to his feet. That tells us he was trying to get to the food machine to completely heal, while he still had the time to do so. He's not reading the manga alongside us. He doesn't know Kizaru is back on his feet. He doesn't know that a buster call has been initiated. I know Luffy can see the future and all, but he can't see that far. You're giving him way to much credit, believing he should know all these things minutes in advance.

Luffy is right now what BM was in WCI, a problem to the plot and Oda keep needing to create those nonsenses to prevent he from doing anything that would basically crash the arc plot

The situation wasn't critical when Luffy was asking for food. Saturn was still sitting there talking about Bonney and Kuma's past. It was only AFTER Kuma appeared, that situation became critical, and at that point Luffy didn't have to do anything, because.... Drumroll.... Kuma was already there... Shocking..... I know.... Luffy could have intervened at that critical point, but he didn't have to.

In the very next chapter, he had already got up and disappeared. This was before Kizaru got back up. I repeat, Luffy was already gone before Kizaru got back to his feet. That tells us he was trying to get to the food machine to completely heal, while he still had the time to do so. He's not reading the manga alongside us. He doesn't know Kizaru is back on his feet. He doesn't know that a buster call has been initiated. I know Luffy can see the future and all, but he can't see that far. You're giving him way to much credit, believing he should know all these things minutes in advance.
Goofy didn't get up. Max crawled up to the vending machine. If he could stand up, he wouldn't be shown lying on his back for 10 chapters. Or is the attempted murder of Nakam and the baby (Bonnie) a joke to him? Lol.

Goofy didn't get up. Max crawled up to the vending machine. If he could stand up, he wouldn't be shown lying on his back for 10 chapters. Or is the attempted murder of Nakam and the baby (Bonnie) a joke to him? Lol.
Luffy slow crawled passed 100s of Marines, and not a single one noticed.... Amazing powers of deduction you have there....

The excuses don’t work. What stopped Saturn from saying “shoot her” at any time? What happens if some marine was trigger happy and started shooting beforehand?

All you’re saying is that Luffy was trusting in the kindness of those trying to kill his friends which is obviously silly.

And no. Luffy wouldn’t be getting up at all if someone didn’t give him food in the first place. You can’t try to ignore that when it’s the critical issue here. Without that outside support and without Kuma, they’d all be dead.
Kizaru was already sitting up while Luffy was still munching, and all he’d have to do is point a finger to kill anyone he chose.

Luffy’s state also suggests that it was whoever provided the food for him that also carried him to safety before the Marines could cuff him as they couldn’t see him.
Even if you want to claim he crawled at super speed, why would he need that much food when he wasn’t in anywhere near as terrible a state as when he was on death’s door? Do you think that Luffy is that much weaker than Kizaru?

All you’re doing is degrading Luffy even more to try and excuse it. You think he can’t hear the island being blown apart? Come on now…

Luffy slow crawled passed 100s of Marines, and not a single one noticed.... Amazing powers of deduction you have there....
Yeah. Fat Luffy ate and seeing how two of the strongest enemies were literally killing kuma and Bonnie, decided to go and eat a second time. An excellent captain. And then I lay down to rest for the second time to enjoy the show surrounded by sentinels

The excuses don’t work. What stopped Saturn from saying “shoot her” at any time? What happens if some marine was trigger happy and started shooting beforehand?

All you’re saying is that Luffy was trusting in the kindness of those trying to kill his friends which is obviously silly.

And no. Luffy wouldn’t be getting up at all if someone didn’t give him food in the first place. You can’t try to ignore that when it’s the critical issue here. Without that outside support and without Kuma, they’d all be dead.
Kizaru was already sitting up while Luffy was still munching, and all he’d have to do is point a finger to kill anyone he chose.

Luffy’s state also suggests that it was whoever provided the food for him that also carried him to safety before the Marines could cuff him as they couldn’t see him.
Even if you want to claim he crawled at super speed, why would he need that much food when he wasn’t in anywhere near as terrible a state as when he was on death’s door? Do you think that Luffy is that much weaker than Kizaru?

All you’re doing is degrading Luffy even more to try and excuse it. You think he can’t hear the island being blown apart? Come on now…
And if Saturn ordered it sooner, Luffy could have kickstarted his heart, and jumped in to save her. He didn't have to, because there was no immediate threat. He was given food almost immediately after Kuma's flashback ended. Then Kuma showed up, and Luffy didn't have to jump in and save her, because Kuma was there.

So the new argument is, is someone snuck over, gave Luffy food, and then when Saturn ordered them to put Luffy in seastone cuffs, that same person snuck back over, grabbed Luffy right before the Marines eyes, yet somehow no one managed to see it, and brought him over to the food machine? Who is this speed beast, that can zip around without Saturn or Kizaru noticing, and why didn't they save Bonney? And better yet, why didn't they just bring him to the food machine to begin with? What's with the extra step, which only achieved alerting the Marines?

It doesn't matter if Luffy has noticed it now. He's good. He's eaten. It's time for him to get back into the fight. But there is no way he knew all of this prior. He was already gone when everything transpired.

And if Saturn ordered it sooner, Luffy could have kickstarted his heart, and jumped in to save her. He didn't have to, because there was no immediate threat. He was given food almost immediately after Kuma's flashback ended. Then Kuma showed up, and Luffy didn't have to jump in and save her, because Kuma was there.

So the new argument is, is someone snuck over, gave Luffy food, and then when Saturn ordered them to put Luffy in seastone cuffs, that same person snuck back over, grabbed Luffy right before the Marines eyes, yet somehow no one managed to see it, and brought him over to the food machine? Who is this speed beast, that can zip around without Saturn or Kizaru noticing, and why didn't they save Bonney? And better yet, why didn't they just bring him to the food machine to begin with? What's with the extra step, which only achieved alerting the Marines?

It doesn't matter if Luffy has noticed it now. He's good. He's eaten. It's time for him to get back into the fight. But there is no way he knew all of this prior. He was already gone when everything transpired.
Nope. That doesn’t work because Luffy wouldn’t be begging for food if he could just do it sooner. He wouldn’t still be on the ground if that were the case.
It’s clear that Luffy absolutely needed the food to even get up.

You keep trying to gloss over the needing food but when that’s the sticking point. Again, he shouldn’t need it at all to begin with.

You simply can’t have it both ways. Luffy can’t both be able to just restart his heart beat whenever he wants and be begging for food despite not needing it.

Now you are just being ridiculous. Luffy was right there and clearly saw them, so why even bother denying? A
He was completely out of commission. But again, even in this situation Luffy should not push himself. He needs all his strenght, he can't just go to its limits when everyones lives are on the lines and there are no clear solution to get out of the conflict.

No matter how you slice it, it’s terrible.
No its not. Its logical, its what Luffy has always been doing. Resting in middle of conflict to regain strenght is the best way for him and for everyone else to be safe.

Again, pushing himself to its limits in a situation where there are multiples ennemies not accounted for, a buster call and multiple seraphine would simply be stupid and suicidal. Luffy is not a god and not a savior, he can't just save everyone by the blink of an eye just because he wants to, he has limits (his own) and he can't just defeat an entire fleet plus multiple seraphine, plus multiple pacifista plus an admiral plus a gorosai member with one punch.

Nope. That doesn’t work because Luffy wouldn’t be begging for food if he could just do it sooner. He wouldn’t still be on the ground if that were the case.
It’s clear that Luffy absolutely needed the food to even get up.

You keep trying to gloss over the needing food but when that’s the sticking point. Again, he shouldn’t need it at all to begin with.

You simply can’t have it both ways. Luffy can’t both be able to just restart his heart beat whenever he wants and be begging for food despite not needing it.
He already ate the food before he disappeared. That gave him strength back to be able to move, and go to the vending machine.

Restarting his heart is a last resort, because it comes at the risk of him dying, as pointed out by Kaido. If it's not 100 percent necessary, then he shouldn't do it.

What would restarting his heart, just to save Bonney when she wasn't in immediate danger have achieved, when once it wore out, Luffy would have been in 100 times worse condition, and now he's out of the fight for good?