Controversial If One piece has a great ending, will it be the best shonen ever?

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"You mean the same author that decided to introduce 4 other major nations and 3 endgame villains in the last 20% of the story for a world war and drag that shit to oblivion?"

Seriously? how can a one piece fan say this and not realise the sheer hypocrisy...oda just plopped in a whole new villain group after 1000 chapters....oh and you saying kishimoto dragging? is this a joke?
not a single person who has read wano has the right to insult any other arc about being dragged, if you think narutos war was dragged then dont even bother with the one piece one. At least kishimoto actually draws all the fights with legit fighting choreography which takes up time, unlike oda who just puts in generic clashes and still the arc gets dragged somehow
- God Knights are not some "new" and random faction. They exist as part of the World Government. And still thats, one group of ~9 characters vs. 3 other countries worth of characters lmao

- Wano's raid last 80 chapters. Compare to Naruto's actual final war at nearly 220 chapters (not including buildup) . There is no comparison lol. Its like 30% of the entire manga. One Piece's will involve factions that have existed the beginning of the series.

- Whos comparing fight coreography? Dont change the subject.

No, marineford didnt set up the otsosuki knights, ashura luffy and kaguya imu, just stop lol. In naruto we were told about sage of six paths well before the end of the story which made it obvious that there were god tiers in the verse, everything about the otsotsuki existence was "forshadowed" just the same according to how a one piece fan thinks. There was plenty of lore estabslished surrounding the sage of six paths before kaguya popped up, more than in one piece actually where oda is still hiding and silhouetting everything
- Celestial Dragons have existed since before Otsutsuki's so grow up, you just dont like that some of them can fight now.

- Kaguya is the only relevant Otsuki and again, their clan was only namedropped like like at the end of the series lmao. Dont include garbage boruto into the equation

- Ashura Luffy.....lmfao. You realize the D. Clan has existed since chapter 1 right? Naruto's magical Uzumaki ancestor didnt pop up until....tell me when exactly:queenhear:

- Again, Imu is more of a character as a sillhouette than Kaguya ever was or will be. Sorry!

Give me one example of the Otsutsuki clan existing before they were namedropped. Please lmao, please show me the exact place where Oda copied Naruto to make Celestial Dragons after this:suresure:

- God Knights are not some "new" and random faction. They exist as part of the World Government. And still thats, one group of ~9 characters vs. 3 other countries worth of characters lmao

- Wano's raid last 80 chapters. Compare to Naruto's actual final war at nearly 220 chapters (not including buildup) . There is no comparison lol. Its like 30% of the entire manga. One Piece's will involve factions that have existed the beginning of the series.

- Whos comparing fight coreography? Dont change the subject.

- Celestial Dragons have existed since before Otsutsuki's so grow up, you just dont like that some of them can fight now.

- Kaguya is the only relevant Otsuki and again, their clan was only namedropped like like at the end of the series lmao. Dont include garbage boruto into the equation

- Ashura Luffy.....lmfao. You realize the D. Clan has existed since chapter 1 right? Naruto's magical Uzumaki ancestor didnt pop up until....tell me when exactly:queenhear:

- Again, Imu is more of a character as a sillhouette than Kaguya ever was or will be. Sorry!

Give me one example of the Otsutsuki clan existing before they were namedropped. Please lmao, please show me the exact place where Oda copied Naruto to make Celestial Dragons after this:suresure:

black zetsu was there since part 1 naruto which was part of kaguyas will, fans just didnt know it, and zetsu was mannipulating everyone in order to revive kaguya. Imu however has just popped up having no involvement until 1000 chapters in and neither have his new body guard holy knights. And what the hell are you even talking about imus character lol imu has no character at all, hes character is literally just ruling the world and hiding himself. The gorosei are just as bland 0 personality robotic rulers

black zetsu was there since part 1 naruto which was part of kaguyas will, fans just didnt know it, and zetsu was mannipulating everyone in order to revive kaguya. Imu however has just popped up having no involvement until 1000 chapters in and neither have his new body guard holy knights. And what the hell are you even talking about imus character lol imu has no character at all, hes character is literally just ruling the world and hiding himself. The gorosei are just as bland 0 personality robotic rulers
1. Black Zetsu is not a foreshadow, its an absolute retcon. He originally worked for Akatsuki under serving Tobi/Obito. Then he was revealed to being Madaras will, which made sense. Then randomly retconned to being Kaguya's. Nothing about Black Zetsu was ever indicated to be some primordial alien clan that created Jutsu lmao.

2. The World Government has existed, by name, since East Blue. The Gorosei were introduced not long after. The 20 Kings were first mentioned in Sabaody as the founders of the WG. Akainu questioned if Gorosei decisions were actually their own before they shut him down. Imu is not a retcon in the slightest, and actually has forshadowed history in the series. Compare any of this to the Otsutsuki clan lol.

3. Explain to me Kaguya's personality in the 20 chapters she's existed lol. I know more about Imu as a character than I ever did with Kaguya., already, because Imu represents the entire vanity of the World Government. This is what you dont get.

Kaguya and her clan were clearly setup for Boruto lmao. Kishimoto definitely wanted to end the series with Madara. There was almost zero point to anyone beyond Madara, then all of a sudden we get her popping up instead of just letting Zetsu be what he originally was.

This shit is a hilarious retcon when we literally see Madara create Black Zetsu in a flashback from Obito's perspective, it makes zero sense unless you consider it a retcon, not a foreshadow:

And no, this shit is not explained in the manga until after the fact, not before, and its only elaborated on in the anime

Oh and do not tell me Kimimaro is foreshadowing. Nothing there was implied to be an alien clan from his family. His Kekkei Genkai is not even used again lmao, because it was retconned to the Rinnegan. Kishimoto simply reused the clan.

Tldr: You take the entire Naruto series and read up to the point I post above with Zetsu betraying Madara, you literally would have not expected Kaguya to show up lol

Last edited:
I didn't even say what he was copying but you knew what it was, which proves I'm right lol. As soon as imu was introduced it made the whole fanbase instantly think of kaguya, dont deny it, same how luffy being joyboy is the same shit as naruto and ashura which everyone caught on to straight away. Kishimoto is the one famous for that trope because he was very skilled in depicting how characters are manipulated and controlled by others, he does it much better than oda. Sure, theres probably other fiction that no one gives a shit about that also has similar trope lol, doesnt mean anything, its obvious oda is copying this from naruto and everyone knows it
"You knew what it was" yeah since making a god figure in fiction is the most unoriginal idea since the beginning of fictional world and Kishimoto try to tackle that oldest trope, and tried to make it in the laziest way without any drop of creativity at all.

"Theres PROBABLY other fiction no one gave shit about has similar tropes but its OBVIOUS Oda is copying from Naruto and everyone knows it"

So basically you are saying that Final Fantasy Games, Warcraft Series, God of War Series, Diablo, Lovecraftian series, Lord of The Ring, Elden Ring etc are also copying Naruto since they have a demonic god as final villain and apparently "no one give a shit about those franchise" and its OBVIOUS they are copying Naruto even tho most of them were released far before Naruto:gokulaugh:rather than struggle to make excuses to downplay Oda's Imu as copying Kishimoto's Kaguya even though Kaguya is a bootleg version of every god trope since beginning of time, better think about how Naruto's Kaguya eating "Chakra Fruit" as its ultimate greatest lore and history/mythology, which was a shameless copy of One Piece Devil Fruits:gokulaugh:

Last edited:
You are not okay with rubber "curving" but you are okay with stuff like Parasite?
Bir D Cage? Imean, if you draw the line at G4, you should have complained a long time ago about things not making sense about the gom gom fruit.
Why bring up Doflamingo's fruit when we aren't talking about him? He's an entirely different case.

Why should I have complained about other Gomu Gomu no powers before G4? It's all fantasy, but every power pre-G4 was explainable with little suspension of disbelief just by taking into account his body is made of rubber. Nothing about being made of rubber explains G4 "curving". There wasn't even an attempt at explaining it so no amount of suspension of disbelief covered for it, and I did complain about that since Dressrosa. I have always hated G4 for it. So Nika's revelation really was certainly necessary for me, even if handled poorly (which is a different matter).

Imho, its not only about the ending, but the rest of the journey. There are slew of checkmarks left that need to be met:

- Egghead, its ending and associated plotlines
- Elbaf and whatever that ends up being about
- The rest of Fullaleads plotline (maybe we go there, maybe we dont).
- The Underworld as an organization still looms. Luckily have Stussy, so itd be easier than ever to get us to Morgans/Vivi or the rest of the Emperors (3 of them have no characterization and I guarantee Du Feld is funding Neo MADS lol).
- Burned Man, 4th RP and whatever his faction is supposed to represent (Davvy Jones? Worlds Strongest Fishman?). This really feels like the only person that may also have recruited the other Impel Down escapees
- God Valley like....times 100 at this point. Hidden sillhouetted island. Confirmed last chapter to essentially not be destroyed because Vegapunk could have built or fueled the weapon since he didnt work for the WG 38 years ago. But anyway, FB or not, we need it.
- Lodestar/LT/Final War: Duh

Whats scary to me is less it not ending well, but just not ending at all or ending with shit missing lol. All of the above is related to something else in some way.

Its already the best shonen of all time. I don't need the ending, the journey (meaning what we have right now) is already above every shonen in history, I would go as far as saying One Piece's content is one of the best piece of storytelling ever. It's not perfect but it's revolutionnary on multiple narrative levels.

The end would just be a cherry put on an amazingly big cake. Being good, or bad.

The ending of a series doesn't really determine its quality, now matter how good or how bad that ending is. Look at AOT for instance, imo it's top 5 shounen even though its ending is horrendous.. That being said, while I'm a huge fan of the series, I can admit it's not the greatest shounen out there when other series like Death Note and FMAB exist.

C

CensoredbyWG

already is, doesnt matter about the ending
Post automatically merged:

its impossible now because oda has decided to copy kishimotos entire formula for the one piece endgame. Even if oda executes it better, one piece does not deserve to be called the greatest if he's just copying. Every new gen manga tries to be like naruto and now one piece is doing the same, that is because naruto is truly the greatest, the template of success that other mangaka follow
One piece have the numbers, but naruto is the True goat of shonen.

No story, moments and most especially MC managed to evoke so much emotions and feelings as naruto did.

Truly the superior show and MC, when you stop to think about, no one copies one piece.

JJk and boku no hero copied naruto, JJK copied naruto and bleach.

Chainsaw man is somewhat original i give them that.
Post automatically merged:

Lmao. "Copy" Kishimoto? You mean the same author that decided to introduce 4 other major nations and 3 endgame villains in the last 20% of the story for a world war and drag that shit to oblivion?

One Piece has had 95% of its factions established years before Kishimoto even went this route. In fact. Marineford already set up the final world war while Naruto barely started its timeskip. Imu as an entity is still part of the WG, something far older than the idea you are trying to paint about the series. Imu has more development than Kaguya and hes still a fucking silhouette :suresure:
Naruto timeskip happened in 2005 while marineford is from 2008-9.

Naruto pre ts is GOAT shonen material, from timeskip beginning till pain arc is GREAT.

From hokage summit till the end was all downhill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, the Straw Hats gets disbanded like Roger’s and the whole Pirate era ends because piracy will be meaningless after WG and CD goes down, that’s the whole purpose of piracy in the first place. Makes no sense to fight when everyone is living the best of their lives and freeloading off Vegapunk (his main goal).

After that, I want to see “5 years later” skip to see they’re all parents and going to Luffy’s funeral which will hit hard.

Zoro x Tashigi, Sanji x Pudding, Trafalgar x Robin, Usopp x Kaya and Chopper x Milky. Please make it happen.

Probably, I take into consideration its longevity. People compare One Piece to these masterpieces with ”very few flaws”, what folks forget is how difficult it is to satisfy all your readers with such a long and grandiose plot. The fact that this is a weekly shounen too, that shit is difficult to pull off. Writing a short masterpiece is much much easier (I’d argue exponentially easier) than writing an above average piece of work for 30 years straight with a strict schedule. The fact that millions of people are still hooked on One Piece too is telling, he’s doing something right for a long period of time.
Also endings are hard to pull off, if Oda finishes off strong I’d be really impressed.

Probably, I take into consideration its longevity. People compare One Piece to these masterpieces with ”very few flaws”, what folks forget is how difficult it is to satisfy all your readers with such a long and grandiose plot. The fact that this is a weekly shounen too, that shit is difficult to pull off. Writing a short masterpiece is much much easier (I’d argue exponentially easier) than writing an above average piece of work for 30 years straight with a strict schedule. The fact that millions of people are still hooked on One Piece too is telling, he’s doing something right for a long period of time.
Also endings are hard to pull off, if Oda finishes off strong I’d be really impressed.
I think this is the most equilibrated answer.
Bleach, Naruto shat the bed. Other mangas are not even comparable.
HxH is often brought up, but the length of HxH is basically the same as One Piece at the start of Enies Lobby. In the same span of time that Oda made One Piece, Togashi made less than 40 volumes of HxH.
The consistency of Oda is clearly unprecedented, maybe Aoyama with Conan but the impact between the two operas is clear.

I think this is the most equilibrated answer.
Bleach, Naruto shat the bed. Other mangas are not even comparable.
HxH is often brought up, but the length of HxH is basically the same as One Piece at the start of Enies Lobby. In the same span of time that Oda made One Piece, Togashi made less than 40 volumes of HxH.
The consistency of Oda is clearly unprecedented, maybe Aoyama with Conan but the impact between the two operas is clear.
Makes me wonder what if Togashi struggle to chase consistency like Oda, will he still be able to dish out a character development like Meruem or an intricate power system arc like Greed Island and Chimera Ant?

Or the other way around, if Oda sacrifice concistency and goes on hiatus mode every month, will he be able to surpass Togashi in making a narrative, power system, or character development? This is the kind of hypothetical scenario i'd love to happen in the future from Oda for example.