Character Discussion If Zoro fans weren’t toxic would he get any hate?

Every fandom has some toxic people, so hating Zoro is not necessarily due to toxic fans. Most likely those who dislike him do that because they see him as a threat to their favorite character. Many One Piece fans are fans of characters like Luffy, Sanji, Law, Kid, Admirals or Yonko, and Zoro's existence can sometimes be seen as a threat to them because of his power.

Maturity is when you realize that in this site all people is toxic, be it Zoro fans or Luffy/Sanji/XYZ fans

If you think a couple of seconds about it, this thread itself is toxic
This thread is basically : “Yeah I was toxic recently but do you realize that it was your fault and all your fault? You make me act bad”.

Toxic people rethoric 1.0.1

Yes he would.

If we have to look at it from a honest perspective, we need to look at the (unfortunate) position Zoro is at and also accept that it takes two to tango.

There are two primary portrayals/dynamics that Zoro has:
- Luffy/Zoro portrayal and dynamics. Zoro is introduced to us as a character who has will power built similar to Luffy. So much so that until Dresrossa arc, it was a common theme for Zoro to be confused as the captain. They often share panels together. Share parallels (old gen parallels, mid gen parallels, legend parallels)
- Zoro/Sanji portrayal and dynamics. They are constantly bickering with each other and competing. Got opponents in two arcs who have some rivalry between then (Kaku/Jyabura, King/Queen). They share panels together

The thing is, where Zoro stands between Luffy and Sanji is made ambiguous by design.
Obviously, logically there should be ways to get by the ambiguity, but Oda doesn't work based on this consistency. He wants Zoro to be someone who can stand along with Luffy when the situation calls for it, and he wants Sanji to be someone who can stand along with Zoro when the situation calls for it.
Blame Oda for this.

Now we come to the agendas.
It should be common knowledge and anyone intellectually honest here would accept that Luffy fans and Sanji fans share the same agenda - Zoro is closer to Sanji than to Luffy.

Then there are two more characters, who like Zoro, also share some portrayal/dynamics with Luffy: Law and Kid. The fans of these characters want their favs to be the ones with 'true' portrayal with Luffy, and want Zoro to be "just an underling".
You can see this argument very often coming from Law and Kid fans, who want to pair up Zoro with Sanji.

Now you see what is going on here. Even if there are no Zoro fans at all, there are four fanbases that would push agenda on Zoro regardless, due to the position Zoro occupies within the series:
- Luffy fans
- Sanji fans
- Law fans
- Kid fans (if they exist lol)

Now you add in the crazies of all fanbases, and we get what we have now. The only reason Zoro fans appear "overly toxic" is because they are fighting against FOUR OTHER fanbases, of which 3 are massive fanbases in the top 5 (Luffy/Sanji/Law).

But if we look objectively, the crazies in Zoro fans are no bigger crazies than those in Luffy or Sanji fanbase (Law fanbase tends to have less crazies relatively).
Just that, Luffy and Sanji crazies don't see each other, because they fight on the same side.

There you go, I gave you an explanation on this scenario as objective as I can here.
no, zolo fans hate shanks, admirals, yonko, they hate almost everyone except for sword users. no sanji fan believes sanji is main character of OP but a lots zolo fans believe it. their minds've just gone out too far of human morality

The most toxic thing about Zoro fans is that they are correct.
ZKK
Post automatically merged:

This thread is basically : “Yeah I was toxic recently but do you realize that it was your fault and all your fault? You make me act bad”.

Toxic people rethoric 1.0.1
What was I toxic about? Besides trolling toxic Zoro fans? I don’t even make threads about Luffy who is my favorite character.

What does being toxic mean to you bro? Well, if for you to be toxic is to expect something hype from your favorite character(s), then I assume that all OP fandoms are toxic.

-Sanji fans expect Sanji to defeat a Top Tier and be Admiral/Yonkou Level in EOS.
-Admirals fans expect Admirals to be superior to Yonkous, just as...
- Yonkous fans expect Yonkou to be more superior to Admirals.

All fandoms have their ideas/expectations/favoritism and they will all defend them at all costs.

I confess that because Zoro had a lot of hype (and you can't deny that it was hype) in the entire TS and especially in Wano, after Zoro's CoC, we Zoro fans ended up thinking about believing that Zoro is a character built for hype so we dream more than we should.

But do not judge lest you be judged, my friend.
I’d say belittling every
Lmao who bullied his headcanon again?
:doffytroll::doffytroll:

Y'all are hypocrites
- Baits Zoro fans with non sense
- When countered with facts refuses to accept they are wrong.
- relies on insults
- then you get beat in insults as well , then threads like " Zoro fans are toxic " comes up lol.
- Give up dude. Don't come up with shit like there isn't anything to dislike about Zoro when half of your account is dedicated to slander him.

The level of hypocrisy.
:lawsigh:
The only character that I like more than Zoro is Luffy. I’m just not a delusional fan. I’ll slander any character if warranted Luffy included.

If you read the story by yourself... you'd probably like all the characters.

I mean it would be weird if you didn't. Wouldn't it?
It’s a few characters in OP that I’d hate regardless

Last edited:
There are forsure a couple bad apples on both sides. You got people on the Zoro side that go too far into the idle that zoro is stronger than luffy

Then you got the other side of no matter what comes out because of those stans the Zhaters come out and spam the same Zoro stuff... more than their own fav.

The perfect example is latest spoiler thread... I gurantee you there are far more comments about the ladder

Nobody hates Zoro not even Sanji fans like me. Zoro is a cool character that everybody likes. But zoro fans an insufferable. Overestimating Zoro and any of his potential opponents, hating on Sanji for no reason. Well except that they try to make Zoro appear even better by shitting on Sanji. Which Zoro doesn’t need, he already has great portrayal. And coming up with stupid theories like ZKK.

There isn’t much of anything to dislike about Zoro. How much less hate would he get if his fans weren’t so toxic?
first off all just by this you are being toxic , it might be cuz you haven’t been around since the beginning but still that’s toxic.

to answer your question still gonna be hated the same because that’s how all this started in the first place wasn’t zero fans spreading hate they where just praising zoro they wanted more feats where there portrayal was there and still is and as luffy gonna be on if the strongest eos zoro will be also that’s set from the beginning.

that’s where the problem started sanji fans they wanted the same no wrong with that but when zoro had better portrayal they will not pick everything and drag him down that’s where zVs started and luffy fans joint to push zoro down to not be anywhere near luffy power wise they wanted to be clear , so you tell me who is the toxic here ??

this topic is bit different from yonko fans putting down admiral fans although portrayals wise there in the same power level.

Yes he would.

If we have to look at it from a honest perspective, we need to look at the (unfortunate) position Zoro is at and also accept that it takes two to tango.

There are two primary portrayals/dynamics that Zoro has:
- Luffy/Zoro portrayal and dynamics. Zoro is introduced to us as a character who has will power built similar to Luffy. So much so that until Dresrossa arc, it was a common theme for Zoro to be confused as the captain. They often share panels together. Share parallels (old gen parallels, mid gen parallels, legend parallels)
- Zoro/Sanji portrayal and dynamics. They are constantly bickering with each other and competing. Got opponents in two arcs who have some rivalry between then (Kaku/Jyabura, King/Queen). They share panels together

The thing is, where Zoro stands between Luffy and Sanji is made ambiguous by design.
Obviously, logically there should be ways to get by the ambiguity, but Oda doesn't work based on this consistency. He wants Zoro to be someone who can stand along with Luffy when the situation calls for it, and he wants Sanji to be someone who can stand along with Zoro when the situation calls for it.
Blame Oda for this.

Now we come to the agendas.
It should be common knowledge and anyone intellectually honest here would accept that Luffy fans and Sanji fans share the same agenda - Zoro is closer to Sanji than to Luffy.

Then there are two more characters, who like Zoro, also share some portrayal/dynamics with Luffy: Law and Kid. The fans of these characters want their favs to be the ones with 'true' portrayal with Luffy, and want Zoro to be "just an underling".
You can see this argument very often coming from Law and Kid fans, who want to pair up Zoro with Sanji.

Now you see what is going on here. Even if there are no Zoro fans at all, there are four fanbases that would push agenda on Zoro regardless, due to the position Zoro occupies within the series:
- Luffy fans
- Sanji fans
- Law fans
- Kid fans (if they exist lol)

Now you add in the crazies of all fanbases, and we get what we have now. The only reason Zoro fans appear "overly toxic" is because they are fighting against FOUR OTHER fanbases, of which 3 are massive fanbases in the top 5 (Luffy/Sanji/Law).

But if we look objectively, the crazies in Zoro fans are no bigger crazies than those in Luffy or Sanji fanbase (Law fanbase tends to have less crazies relatively).
Just that, Luffy and Sanji crazies don't see each other, because they fight on the same side.

There you go, I gave you an explanation on this scenario as objective as I can here.
Best answer!

I like Zoro, but hate most of his toxic fans so I push the hate only when they overrate him and spread toxicity otherwise I would have been one of his supporters

:kayneshrug: