I'm Taking a Break

Am I Crazy?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Precisely why I don’t powerscale - I’m right about everything, the rest of y’all are wrong, but you won’t accept the truth so I don’t even bother telling it :luuh:

Anyway, Cin, I fully understand needing to take a break. A profile post would have sufficed to announce it, you had to know that making a thread like this was gonna invite criticism. I hope the time off helps, and you won’t be too discouraged if things haven’t really changed the way you want them to when you return.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Precisely why I don’t powerscale - I’m right about everything, the rest of y’all are wrong, but you won’t accept the truth so I don’t even bother telling it :luuh:

Anyway, Cin, I fully understand needing to take a break. A profile post would have sufficed to announce it, you had to know that making a thread like this was gonna invite criticism. I hope the time off helps, and you won’t be too discouraged if things haven’t really changed the way you want them to when you return.
Yamato > carrot

A shared delusion between the furry enthusiasts who decided to co-opt our fandom, I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you :risicheck:
:tchpepe:Sounds gross. I'm good.

You guys have done it. Now who will write those long-winded and sincere essays on every little things about Zoro :hope:

Nobody can do that other than Cin
With all due respect @Cinera
Please take me out of your Tags List.

Lmfao, @Cinera : Welcome to the One Piece Fandom.

For as long as I’ve been here, and undoubtedly longer, this fandom has always been the most unreasonable, toxic, illogical, small-minded, anti-intellectual, <<insert every other negative adjective you can think of>> fandom community that I have ever seen. This doesn’t describe everyone of course, I would not stick around if it were, and the core group of members I associate with and are friends with are great. To tag a few, @Owl Ki @Light D Lamperouge @Den_Den_Mushi @Jiihad @Mr. Anderson @Haoshoku @Beerbottle @Bogard @ShishioIsBack (sometimes), @HA001 , @LuthonTheDragDown , you yourself, etc etc etc...many others. Those core guys I associate with.

But the hundreds of thousands of online OP fans, and the majority of the current WorstGen population? Yeah, the above descriptors apply to them. This is the type of series where people bond so fiercely to a character or set of characters, that they would rather act like sentient gorillas to defend said characters than they would honestly concede any shortcomings of those characters. Give credit to Oda that he wrote characters that people bond to so fiercely, I guess.

Now I have two main things to say to you Cin:

1. If you want to take time off of WorstGen, I fully encourage you. This shit is irrelevant compared to the real world, and if you feel you need to take a step back for any reason, then I will never be the one to stop you. Even if you feel you just want to take a step back for your own mental health, take all the time you need. That said, and I say this to you as a friend:

2. This thread is the mother of overreaction. When I read this right here:

I’m not going to lie to you, I actually started laughing. Not because you take OP power scaling this seriously, I respect the passion and at times I do the same, even though I wish I didn’t lol.

It’s because when I read this, the first group of people I thought of, were the 70% Christian Majority in the United States who claim Christians are persecuted and Christianity is under attack when the government tells them they can’t discriminate against gay people. Or the white people who scream about white genocide when black people ask police to stop killing them.

Zoro is the most popular character in One Piece, worldwide and on WorstGen. Seriously the **** claimed the number one spot in more countries than Luffy did. On WorstGen, I think if you added up the combined members from every other fandom together, the Zoro fandom would still be larger than all of them combined. It is no exaggeration to say that the amount of people willing to show you support and positivity for your posts explaining why Zoro is as strong as he is, are overwhelming. Your personal tag list for Zoro power threads, is like 60% of WorstGen’s consistently active userbase, and all of those users consistently show you huge support.

To say that you are taking a months long break from WorstGen for the sole reason that a minority of users weren’t willing to skyrocket Zoro on their tier list just yet? I think you need to toughen up. Again, as your friend. I know we disagree on a lot but I do respect your takes, and you and Shishio have persuaded me on Zoro many times in the past. It was both of you who convinced me that Zoro > Luffy up until post WCI, and that’s not necessarily a popular opinion.

How do you think @Rosella.Fiamingo feels when 80% of the fan base calls his favorite character a meme on a chapter by chapter basis and refuses to knowledges the few instances where Oda actually portrays her as a threat?

How do you think I feel when 70% of WorstGen users still think “the weakest dying Yonko two shot Akainu”?

How do you think @Chrono or @Inflamed Haki feel being like the only two people willing to get their shit kicked in by dozens of members regularly because they enjoy Sanji, who lets be real hasn’t done shit recently?

How did @5000 ng/dl or death react when 99% of WorstGen users told him Vergo was obviously using his left leg?

If you say you are only taking a break, because you’re frustrated that not every user on this forum was willing to be engulfed in the tidal wave that is the Zoro bandwagon? Well, again, take a break from WorstGen for whatever reason you desire, I fully support that, but you will get no sympathy from me on this.

Whatever your decision of course, I respect it, but I hope you won’t take a months log hiatus over something so....there’s no adjective I can leave here that won’t sound insulting and I don’t want that, so I’ll just end it here lol.
Oof. I never wanted to say it like that, but you’re right. This is pathetic. As I like to tell people both online and in real life ‘this is not an airport, you do not need to announce your departure’.

I don’t know if this thread is looking for sympathy, understanding or just a vent but I really think Cin that you’re way too sensitive about Zoro, this forum, and powerscaling in general. We Zoro fans have had it so good, this really does not come off well to the majority of people in the fandom. Even people who like your work and you as a person are expressing criticism, which should tell you exactly what you need to know about this incident.

S

Shuyaku

Good for you, cinera. Hope you come back with a bang in the future.

I heard that stealthblack and chrono also want to take a break. Maybe we should help them too by giving the udon ban
Gotta love the double standards. If Cinera wants to take a break for childish reasons, we encourage him to do so. But i swear if Chrono or Ndule made this thread instead, they'd get mocked and shunned into oblivion.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Gotta love the double standards. If Cinera wants to take a break for childish reasons, we encourage him to do so. But i swear if Chrono or Ndule made this thread instead, they'd get mocked and shunned into oblivion.
I mocked Cinera for this for the record lol. As a friend of course.

But you know Chrono and Ndule invite more hostility than Cinera does lol. Their posts are more inflammatory to other characters.

S

Shuyaku

I mocked Cinera for this for the record lol. As a friend of course.
So did i. Actually i was a bit too harsh lmfao.

But you know Chrono and Ndule invite more hostility than Cinera does lol. Their posts are more inflammatory to other characters.
Sure, i'm saying under the premise they also make a thread announcing they'd leave because they can't handle Sanji/Katakuri bashing, they'd get called bitches left and right because they're not part of the more prominent fandom. Meanwhile, look how many try to baby Cinera here. Goes back to some of the points you made lol.