Powers & Abilities Implications that Zoro has had conscious access to basic Conqueror's Haki, and the rooftop variant is the next power-up

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Obviously inspired by the most recent episode, where it looked like Zoro is capable of making conscious use of Conqueror's Haki.

Typical of all Zorobois.... when anime filler makes zoro look good its canon but if it makes sanji KO Drake its filler :suresure: keep it up bois :cheers:

also I was on the team filler all the time, Zoro showed CoC here and its canon, Sanji KOd Drake and its canon too.... seeing how queen easily defeated him not even in hybrid form and Sanji is beating queen

we know of no other ability that is able to scare others into submission.
Zoro was often surrounded by a scary aura that affected characters arround him. the most noteworthy one being vs Monet.
I do not think Zoro was able to do any of it consciously. he tried to scared her by fake cutting and involuntarily used CoC on top of it.

its still pretty crazy and a running theme with Zoro. he uses haki of all sorts without realizing what it is.
he used CoO in Alabasta without knowing it. he used CoA in Alabasta without knowing it. he used CoC in EL without knowing it.
and it always seems to be a very high level too.

CoO: was able to sense inanimate objects. thats something rare/unheard of. he was also able to predict where stones would fall which sounds like FS
CoA: used ryou, which is one of the greatest sword techniques
CoC: Zoro was coating his attacks with CoC which is the highest form of this haki as far as we know

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
when anime filler makes zoro look good its canon but if it makes sanji KO Drake its filler
Manga will inevitably give CoC to Zoro as well while manga will not give Sanji a victory over Drake, that's the difference...
Overall, even the Sanji stuff is no big deal, Drake was in the least suitable combat form and Sanji is already fighting Queen...
Anime is always not canon from my perspective, just like Oda said - manga and anime are two different things.

Typical of all Zorobois.... when anime filler makes zoro look good its canon but if it makes sanji KO Drake its filler :suresure: keep it up bois :cheers:

also I was on the team filler all the time, Zoro showed CoC here and its canon, Sanji KOd Drake and its canon too.... seeing how queen easily defeated him not even in hybrid form and Sanji is beating queen
Actually Sanji did rather good against Drake. Shamefully Drake never convinced me extensively as a character.

Regardless all of the anime is filler. Oda took some pretty robust distances from the series.

The post is inspired by anime filler. It brought the thought in my head and made me go through manga scans to see if it has any credibility.

But no, anime is not taken into account as any canonical evidence, post is primarily based off of Manga and you'd know if you bothered reading past two lines. :cheers:

Haki is both visually inconsistent and vaguely explained. But there are some things we can wrap our heads around with logic.

Asura is not produced by conquerors Haki. Instead, Zoro uses this extreme mode and maybe for the first time, the armament he uses in it has drawn from his own CoC. There is no getting around that, Kaido makes the same type of discovery about Zoro that Luffy makes about him.

Manga will inevitably give CoC to Zoro as well while manga will not give Sanji a victory over Drake, that's the difference...
Overall, even the Sanji stuff is no big deal, Drake was in the least suitable combat form and Sanji is already fighting Queen...
Anime is always not canon from my perspective, just like Oda said - manga and anime are two different things.
Exactly. The anime scene itself doesn't count, but they made it because they were doubling down on the actual story. Sanji winning or losing against Drake literally has never come up. It's irrelevant and you can almost expect Oda to go against his own showing by having Sanji look better against a bigger, stronger dinosaur.

Some Zoro fans are so defensive if you even suggest something against their headcanons, they start calling names.

Would be funny if it turns out that rooftop ashura is not adv coc. Being humble would actually work on your favour.

Some Zoro fans are so defensive if you even suggest something against their headcanons, they start calling names.

Would be funny if it turns out that rooftop ashura is not adv coc. Being humble would actually work on your favour.
Quite the contrary, really. So far the people who disagree are doing so in a condascending manner and pretty much making the generalization of "Zorotards being Zorotards" without saying the term. Idk how you're being blind to that. Half the people didn't even read and just assumed we're making filler canon.

Asura being adv.coc is pure speculation and no one is factifying it. At all. The point was merely to mention the indications regarding why it could be adv.coc and whatnot.

Quite the contrary, really. So far the people who disagree are doing so in a condascending manner and pretty much making the generalization of "Zorotards being Zorotards" without saying the term. Idk how you're being blind to that. Half the people didn't even read and just assumed we're making filler canon.

Asura being adv.coc is pure speculation and no one is factifying it. At all. The point was merely to mention the indications regarding why it could be adv.coc and whatnot.
You need to scroll above and see people calling me dumb etc because I said something that disapprove their headcanon.

No one is disregarding anything.

The biggest point of the thread of further point out that Zoro never said or even implied that he doesn't know basic CoC.

And that he's vastly different from pre-skip Luffy in the regards that, unlike Luffy, he's very familiar with CoC, its concept, as well as the feeling of its release. Thus it's near impossible for him to make use of it while being oblivious.

I'd appreciate if you actually read anything other than title before responding with a generic generalization of "Zoro fans", because what you stated is literally what I wanted to discuss the validity of.
Post automatically merged:

Obviously Zoro did not know what Kaido was talking about. Asura was not basic CoC.

Unless you want to imply that it was? I'd gladly take any arguments against points mentioned under "rooftop" sections. Kaido going "?!!!!" and mentioning it like a question rather than statement just because "there are too many CoC user" seems fairly nonsensical tbh. He was shocked and that's odd.

Zoro also knows what CoC feels like, he has experienced it and has a captain who uses it. He had no idea what the hell happened.

It was most likely not basic CoC. Not by logic or statements of others, and not by any real visual hint either. Basic CoC burst being released during an ultimate attack is also something that's never happened before.
This. :cheers:

I feel like the manga readers who went nuts because of 984 missed out that Asura is Adv. CoC, not normal CoC. Zoro had already seen normal CoC before and was able to recognize its usage (like in Fishman Island). This is also why he could confidently said his wrath did not cause an earthquake on Onigashima, cause he knew what CoC was and that it wasn't him. What he did not know was Asura is Adv. CoC until Kaido pointed it out.

And why do I feel like that scene was added by Oda's permission cause he was sick of people doubting Zoro's CoC after 1010? :milaugh:

I don't think asura itself has anything to do with coc in of itself. I just think he coated it.
Why do we disagree on this?
Post automatically merged:

Don't say that. We wait for Hakai scene :suresure::suresure::suresure:

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Zoro can only use ACoA via channeling his barrier haki but that has nothing to do with Enma my friend. He presumably did so in Fishman Island clashing against Hyouzou.

I don't think he has penetration yet judging off his reaction to Luffy's recent ACoA haki.
Jist like he doesnt know about himself having CoC he doesnt know enma has aCoA