Improving Discussions, less toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
The mods don't care. I get on here every day and see racial slurs, rampant homophobia, personal attacks, and people who seem to only exist for the thrill of being negative. The Manga Discussion section is almost entirely taken over by PL discussions at this point. It's nearly useless to try to discuss anything sincerely. The spoilers discussion is the same people having the same toxic arguments every time.
NGL, feels pretty disrespectful to say we wouldn’t care, when we spend so much of our free time to please as much user as possible and try tongue this toxicity. Kinda sad that we need to get spit like that.

the Team does a lot and even when I had no time today for it, I know they were busy like the whole day with dealing with toxicity and dealing with some stuff behind the curtain, which you don’t know. We work a lot on that stuff, discuss so much and give our free time for that, beside full time job, family and stuff.
But we know we can’t please everyone and I guess that is ok. For some people we are to harsh, for others we are to soft, that’s because people are different sensitive for different things. None of them is better or worse, but we need to try to find the best way for the majority and the team is working really hard on it.

Saying we wouldn’t care is just not fair for the Team which worked the whole time on it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Look i speak from experience as seasoned shit talker from OJ

Each Toxic group has ringleaders. Take them down and plebs will scatter. Yes you will most likely hurt your activity and piss some people off but at least you show you have balls and will to keep it clean.

Right now i bet you those ringleaders talk so much shit in their private channels.

It aint rocket science really. Just strike at the core
Do you know I’m agreeing with you?? That’s perfectly fine with me; what I’m saying is that they need more people on staff with the capability AND the willingness to bring that hammer down on the recidivists.
Post automatically merged:

I understand the mods are currently chafing at these accusations, but...y’all know why you’re hearing these things, right?? How many times did I have to tussle with a known Nazi sympathizer before y’all finally kicked his ass out for good?? Some activity here doesn’t merit a three-strikes approach (I’d say this includes people who ruin every single thread with the same powerscaling shit and name calling), and when this many members tell y’all that and nothing gets done, those people have every right to be upset.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Do you know I’m agreeing with you?? That’s perfectly fine with me; what I’m saying is that they need more people on staff with the capability AND the willingness to bring that hammer down on the recidivists.
I know man lol
I am sure they have people who have the balls to hammer it.

I just dont understand the policy of trying to please everyone bcs doing that you please no one

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
No seth was talking about banning trolls and you said fenaker was a troll just for saying sanji will fight page one which is utter nonsense. I have never said ban someone cause they said zoro vs orochi lmfao
This debate began when Seth said that Hiragaro and Kurwa should be banned from the Spoiler thread and this will erase the toxicity. Yes those two can bait but they are clearly not the only one. The Sanji fans are not the only one baiting. Zoro fans did it too and you know it.

Now for everyone :

now what ? Who cares now who throw the first rock ?

It is indeed fun sometimes to fight against Zoro fans (Sanji fan forever ^^), and fandom wars can be nice. And don't lie some of you are here to see some good heated debates/baits.

But sometimes this is too much especially when others people try to have normal discussions and if this is in all threads.

Finding the middle can be complicated. And if tomorrow we begin to be a lot more strict you will all complain.

If already we can make a deal : some bait are allowed because why not and it can be fun but don't insults other personaly, don't say clowns, pathetic, stupid, other stronger words even if you think about it. You can make the same argument without attacking someone personaly. Attack the character if you want but not the person.
Only just that can make things a LOT easier.

And if you keep the bait on some threads like spoiler threads, battledome etc and not everywhere why not.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
This debate began when Seth said that Hiragaro and Kurwa should be banned from the Spoiler thread and this will erase the toxicity. Yes those two can bait but they are clearly not the only one. The Sanji fans are not the only one baiting.

Now for everyone :

now what ? Who cares now who throw the first rock ?

It is indeed fun sometimes to fight against Zoro fans (Sanji fan forever ^^), and fandom wars can be nice. And don't lie some of you are here to see some good heated debates/baits.

But sometimes this is too much especially when others people try to have normal discussions and if this is in all threads.

Finding the middle can be complicated. And if tomorrow we begin to be a lot more strict you will all complain.

If already we can make a deal : some bait are allowed because why not and it can be fun but don't insults other personaly, don't say clowns, pathetic, stupid, other stronger words even if you think about it. You can make the same argument without attacking someone personaly. Attack the character if you want but not the person.
Only just that can make things a LOT easier.

And if you keep the bait on some threads like spoiler threads, battledome etc and not everywhere why not.
(Sanji fan forever ^^)
Omg Mod swore allegiance.

BAN Ray:whitepress::beckmoji:
:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Reduce off-topic discussions. Any given thread will be derailed by the same tired debates. There are specific threads for those discussions. There should be stronger moderation on that front. I personally wouldn't bother with warnings, and simply hand out thread bans.

Prevent discussions from becoming too heated. Often I come across a user calling someone "stupid," "a-hole," "dumb-a" or other expletives too liberally. Repeat offenses or reports should justify a temporary ban, possible perma should it persists even further. That type of behavior can scare away new users from joining this community or even chase away current users.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It’s not a “complaint” for people to say they’re sick of the incessant fighting and hate speech, that word carries a connotation of being whiny or unimportant. These concerns shouldn’t be minimized (and I don’t think anyone on staff is actively doing that, to be clear) or disregarded based on how they’re being expressed. We really have no bigger issue at play here than this, so maybe it’s time to designate certain parts of the site exclusively for that kind of behavior, and it thereafter won’t be tolerated elsewhere on this forum.

There’s a reason why the Battledome is only accessible to registered members - for every guest that wants to see/jump in on the action, there are at least several others who find the whole thing annoying, pointless, and offensive. Ergo, I believe that anyone who can’t stop themselves from powerscaling in every conversation should be confined to only posting the Battledome...that way, they can keep their arguments going with each other for as long as they want, and they can be as shitty and throw as many rude slurs at each other as they like, without affecting the general population’s experience of what is otherwise a very fun and engaging place to discuss a series we’re all drawn to for one reason or another. They can still read threads in other sections, but can only comment to each other about it. If these known offenders wanna keep going with the same behavior that others have continuously reported and you’re NOT going to ban them, then they need to be separated and turn their little corner into the u-troll-pia they so desperately desire while the rest of us carry on in peace.

It’s not a “complaint” for people to say they’re sick of the incessant fighting and hate speech, that word carries a connotation of being whiny or unimportant. These concerns shouldn’t be minimized (and I don’t think anyone on staff is actively doing that, to be clear) or disregarded based on how they’re being expressed. We really have no bigger issue at play here than this, so maybe it’s time to designate certain parts of the site exclusively for that kind of behavior, and it thereafter won’t be tolerated elsewhere on this forum.

There’s a reason why the Battledome is only accessible to registered members - for every guest that wants to see/jump in on the action, there are at least several others who find the whole thing annoying, pointless, and offensive. Ergo, I believe that anyone who can’t stop themselves from powerscaling in every conversation should be confined to only posting the Battledome...that way, they can keep their arguments going with each other for as long as they want, and they can be as shitty and throw as many rude slurs at each other as they like, without affecting the general population’s experience of what is otherwise a very fun and engaging place to discuss a series we’re all drawn to for one reason or another. They can still read threads in other sections, but can only comment to each other about it. If these known offenders wanna keep going with the same behavior that others have continuously reported and you’re NOT going to ban them, then they need to be separated and turn their little corner into the u-troll-pia they so desperately desire while the rest of us carry on in peace.

hahahaha a "U-Troll-pia" MY MAN

@Jew D. Boy that perfectly depicts it, I got one of the mods to agree to one of my test runs next week, see if it works

Send warning points to people that photoshop pictures/images for the aim to stir up people/fans of a certain character when it serve no purpose for that sole thread like the spoiler thread.
It may be funny but only to the fans that like to mock said character. The other way around would be it not funny and it attention seeking.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Send warning points to people that photoshop pictures/images for the aim to stir up people/fans of a certain character when it serve no purpose for that sole thread like the spoiler thread.
It may be funny but only to the fans that like to mock said character. The other way around would be it not funny and it attention seeking.
Thats what I said.

1 warning.

2 warning 7 days ban for one piece threads in general.

NGL, feels pretty disrespectful to say we wouldn’t care, when we spend so much of our free time to please as much user as possible and try tongue this toxicity. Kinda sad that we need to get spit like that.

the Team does a lot and even when I had no time today for it, I know they were busy like the whole day with dealing with toxicity and dealing with some stuff behind the curtain, which you don’t know. We work a lot on that stuff, discuss so much and give our free time for that, beside full time job, family and stuff.
But we know we can’t please everyone and I guess that is ok. For some people we are to harsh, for others we are to soft, that’s because people are different sensitive for different things. None of them is better or worse, but we need to try to find the best way for the majority and the team is working really hard on it.

Saying we wouldn’t care is just not fair for the Team which worked the whole time on it.
Maybe you need more mods? What exactly is the process of becoming one any way?

@RiShin

Nah, I think bashing characters is fun. It's just a character.

To some extent even bashing oda and the manga itself is fine since nothing anyone here says can ever actually get to Oda himself.

The only real line is insults to other users. And this includes the "X-fans" or "X-tards" insults. That's what really actually gets people going.

Maybe you need more mods? What exactly is the process of becoming one any way?

@RiShin

Nah, I think bashing characters is fun. It's just a character.

To some extent even bashing oda and the manga itself is fine since nothing anyone here says can ever actually get to Oda himself.

The only real line is insults to other users. And this includes the "X-fans" or "X-tards" insults. That's what really actually gets people going.
Bashing characters breeds toxicity because some people here are very passionate and take offense to it. When things get heated enough, that where the name calling comes in. So it better to cut the root of the toxicity because nobody sane will have an reason to insult one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.