Character Discussion Imu being a non-fighter is profoundly illogical

In One Piece, powerful characters are either powerful themselves or derive power from some other source.

Let me give you an example. Characters like Luffy and Kaido are actually strong and derive power from themselves. Characters like Buggy, Orochi, and Charloss derive power from others.
  • Buggy derives his power from Mihawk and Crocodile
  • Orochi derives his power from Kaido
  • Charloss derives his power from the admirals
In the case of Imu, it just makes zero sense for Imu to derive their power from other people. Because almost nobody knows that Imu exists.

Imu is a myth even to the guards of Pangea castle, meaning that his existence is only known by a handful of people. Yet Imu is the most powerful character in One Piece. They are literally the puppet master of the world government.

Imu cannot derive power from the admirals, the gorosei, or anybody else, because Imu controls all of these people. Regarding the admirals specifically, Imu controls them without them even knowing that they are being controlled.

Characters that derive power from other characters usually don't do this. Buggy doesn't control Mihawk, Orochi didn't control Kaido. They just had power because they were leeching off those who were truly powerful.

There is only one thing that can realistically make Imu the shadow ruler of the entire world. And that would be, if Imu was the strongest character in one piece history. In all likelyhood, this is the case.

Wrong as usual.

Government and Buggy's men think Buggy is strong unlike Charlos or Orochi, they don't accidently believe they are strong like Buggy. Thats the difference. Thats why they also made Buggy Shichibukai, by thinking that Pre-Shichibukai Buggy is a bigger threat than Jinbe or Crocodile before.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Yes and no, because if Im is immortal and controls an Ancient Weapon, then that's where he/she holds their power. They won't have to be an individually strong fighter.
Exactly this.

It makes far more sense to me that Imu is a Shirahoshi counterpart linked to Uranus. Hence all the secrecy over her existence. The World Gov is terrified someone will find out and kidnap Imu, gaining control of an Ancient Weapon.

I see literally no reason for a physically powerful, God King Imu who also clearly has control over Uranus to totally hide their existence from the world. That comes across as a sign of fear, not strength.

No, in fact it is practically confirmed that Imu is not a fighter.

She will have great power but she has nothing to do with combat skills.

Doflamingo said that she could take over the world thanks to the national treasure of Mary Geoise, then we saw Imu using some kind of weapon of mass destruction.

So her power is like Shirahoshi's, she's not related to combat skills.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
In One Piece, powerful characters are either powerful themselves or derive power from some other source.

Let me give you an example. Characters like Luffy and Kaido are actually strong and derive power from themselves. Characters like Buggy, Orochi, and Charloss derive power from others.
In the case of Imu, it just makes zero sense for Imu to derive their power from other people. Because almost nobody knows that Imu exists.

Imu is a myth even to the guards of Pangea castle, meaning that his existence is only known by a handful of people. Yet Imu is the most powerful character in One Piece. They are literally the puppet master of the world government.

Imu cannot derive power from the admirals, the gorosei, or anybody else, because Imu controls all of these people. Regarding the admirals specifically, Imu controls them without them even knowing that they are being controlled.

Characters that derive power from other characters usually don't do this. Buggy doesn't control Mihawk, Orochi didn't control Kaido. They just had power because they were leeching off those who were truly powerful.

There is only one thing that can realistically make Imu the shadow ruler of the entire world. And that would be, if Imu was the strongest character in one piece history. In all likelyhood, this is the case.
Depends on what you think about the term "fighter".

If Imu can delete someone by touching him is he a fighter or he is just broken?

Leaving aside how unlikely that is, I don't understand how someone who likes Shanks would want something like this to happen.:lawsigh:
I mean, i would rather he be his own person with his own agendas (which is more likely than anything), but if this were to happen, it really doesnt harm him or his fanbase at all.

It lends credence to him being the penultimate or final antagonist if Im isnt powerful, which makes the entire story for Luffy extremely personal, because hey, its Shanks.

Really its not about Shanks, its about Luffy getting an emotional close and the story itself.

Yes and no, because if Im is immortal and controls an Ancient Weapon, then that's where he/she holds their power. They won't have to be an individually strong fighter.
Having an ancient weapon is a bit meh. Specially from what I've seen. And how would you propose the fight against him if his main source of power is an external source as such.

Story wise it seems to indicate he's fighting Luffy. From this alone it shows he's ultimate level fighter.

I believe imu has a fruit like Luffy's. Different types all in 1. Wasn't there a theory about a sea devil...

Just want to point out that this exists in a film Red booklet and may add some insight about Im:

Ignore Uta, think about the Crown and what Oda is saying. Im's crown is ridiculously huge. Oda is saying that Uta with a crown "resembles the strongest power in this world"

I think theres a decent chance that Im is actually the final antagonist here, regardless of what assumptions people are making about stature from a silhouette.

If I had to guess, Im is roughly Luffy's age in appearance and has a small/slim build, but is immortal.

Last edited:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Just want to point out that this exists in a film Red booklet and may add some insight about Im:

Ignore Uta, think about the Crown and what Oda is saying. Im's crown is ridiculously huge. Oda is saying that Uta with a crown "resembles the strongest power in this world"

I think theres a decent chance that Im is actually the final antagonist here, regardless of what assumptions people are making about sture from a silhouette.

If I had to guess, Im is roughly Luffy's age in appearance and has a small/slim build, but is immortal.
Do you think Imu would be a guy or girl?