Powers & Abilities Internal destruction Haki and swordsmanship

@comrade
black blades are not just a sword or swordsman ship thing
mihawk said any weapon can turn black like yoru

not just swords, so wb and weevils naginatas katas mogura heck bbs claws even any bladed weapon scythes spears etc should be capable of doing so.
Yes, I thought so. Now the question is whether it's just strong CoA or whether there is more to it. As @Bogard pointed out, there is some blurry explanation when it comes to black blades, as people refer to it as to "forging a black blade".

And shouldn't any metal based weapon become black? Like a Hammer or Club? Can Daz turn into a black blade?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Yes, I thought so. Now the question is whether it's just strong CoA or whether there is more to it. As @Bogard pointed out, there is some blurry explanation when it comes to black blades, as people refer to it as to "forging a black blade".

And shouldn't any metal based weapon become black? Like a Hammer or Club? Can Daz turn into a black blade?
Thats what i was talking about but i said blade to specify incase some smart ass tried to say what a bout guns theyre weapons lol

but yeah hammers clubs etc should be able to

depends if it is the concept of flow that eventually makes it black then no mr 1 cant cause him putting haki on his bladed body is normal not flow

HA001

@HA001 I guess turning weapons black is limited to blades weapons, since it might have to do something with the flow of Haki when you cut (apart from the strength and the amount of battles).
Maybe but i dont see why a hammer or even sabos pipe wouldnt do the same if they went through the same process.
Though then again it also raises rank too so maybe oda wouldnt let odd weapons do it
we know you can have other bladed weapons in the meito like naginata spears etc

Hyogoro explained, that Ryuo (flow of Haki) is what enables swordsmen to become one with their sword and achieve the ability to "cut everything". At the same time he said, that the internal destruction Haki Luffy used, is a level above that.

Can and do swordsmen make use of internal destruction Haki too, can they combine these abilities? Rayleigh displayed internal destruction Haki, but only with his palms. So there are two possibilities; possibility 1: internal destruction Haki can translate into cuts, to cut you from within, or 2: You combine both, to cut externally with Ruyo, while at the same time blasting your opponent from within with internal destruction Haki. Otherwise, swordsmen couldn't really make use of it effectively and it would be a brawlers thing.

@ShishioIsBack @HA001 @nik87 @Sentinel @playa4321 @Finalbeta @Bogard @Light D Lamperouge @Red Admiral @Admiral Lee Hung @Cinera etc
I think you can.... maybe people didn't achieve that yet, but a true master will TRY to make it work... Like, who's to say that Ryuuma or Mihawk closed the ceiling in swordsmanship, why wouldn't Zoro take it a notch above them and actually do a haki swordsman slash that can do what you ask...(in case they didn't master it)

Also, I always had this imagination of "strongest sword is a sword that cuts nothing, but cuts everything" where for example you fire a slash, and let's say you have a line of objects, metal, plastic, then metal again, then plastic again, then rubber and plastic again....
I always had this crazy idea that the best swordsman will fire a haki slash with the intent to cut plastic only, so what will happen is the haki will bypass metal and rubber WITHOUT EFFECT... and cut all the plastic in different layers...

Can you imagine something like that? WOW

HA001

@comrade on topic of this thread away from the black blade stuff
i see no reason why you cant use it with your sword/weapon
ray despite having it in his prime still fought with a sword
so did roger
so did rox
wb had his naginata
shikki had 2 meito blades as well
the only ones of that era who didnt use weapons were the 2 marines garp and sengoku but at least sengoku had his fruit
and im sure they were all capable of using it too

If internal destruction Haki is limited to blunt force, I think a swordsman can combine his two Hakis by cutting you externally, while delivering a blow to your internal organs at the same time, in case the sword doesn't manage to reach your internals (like in Kaido's case).But yeah, as @nik87 said, sword slashes seem to be more lethal. Red Hoc taxed him quite but he had no lasting damage. Later Luffy used Kong Gun, which made Kaido cough a little blood again but nothing serious. While Oden's paradise Totsuka inflicted a deep scar and gave Kaido a trauma for his life. And he isn't even a black blade user.

Maybe Sabo has a more effective use case for internel destruction Haki, as he squeezes your body parts with his claws similar to Rayleigh/Luffy doing it with the explosive collars, in order to make your head implode from the inside while crushing it from the outside.

Swordsmen should need the exact opposite imo. Since they wanna strengthen the sword, they would apply Internal Construction as their next level armament after hardening and barrier. If Mihawk has Internal Construction and Zoro achieve it later in the story, this may become the basis of black blade.

Bump

:goyea:

I think Kamusari is a good example. While we cannot say for sure Shanks used internal destruction, that would be a great application. Even without cutting, it's still a supreme grade blade, with supreme grade blades being said to be able to fully catalyze the Haki of someone of Roger's and Whitebeard's caliber. So channeling your barrier, internal destruction and Haoshoku through the blade, would make it into tremendously powerful blunt hits.

I can think of Rayleigh being able to use Kamusari too, as he displayed internal destruction and I'm sure he doesn't just use it to destroy handcuffs.