Powers & Abilities Internal destruction Haki and swordsmanship

It would do nothing. A bloody lip at best, just like Luffy did.
No punch in the world of OP can do to Kaido what Oden's slash did.
Except for perhaps King's Punch.
Sounds legit. And internal destruction Haki is a good substitute if a swordsman doesn't have access to his sword. Since it doesn't require much force.

But then again, swordsmen are left out a bit when Hyogoro calls that a higher level. Like Sabo's fighting style seemingly focuses on making things implode. Saying a human skull is crushed by him like an egg. We shall see whether Dragon has a more advanced form of that.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Sounds legit. And internal destruction Haki is a good substitute if a swordsman doesn't have access to his sword. Since it doesn't require much force.

But then again, swordsmen are left out a bit when Hyogoro calls that a higher level. Like Sabo's fighting style seemingly focuses on making things implode. Saying a human skull is crushed by him like an egg. We shall see whether Dragon has a more advanced form of that.
If swordsmen are in such situation that their hands with ID are more effective than their swords..they have a problem.
I dont think we will ever see such situation, for a swordsman being not able to do things with his sword but with bare hands can...
Post automatically merged:

Thats hyperbole tho. What Emperor did King's Punch put on their ass to back up that claim?
None, it is a rumor. Which other punch has such rumor backing it up?
Also, just by looking at it, King's Punch is a monstrosity and the penalty backs it up as well.

Isn't World's Strongest Swordsman on screen hype?
And like Permanent Black Blade
Mihawk got the title off screen and also Black Blade is still not "that" high for me cause we know littlie about it

on screen hype for

1- someone put a man above other and admit to that (same type of hype Prime Beard got)
2- feat of power that we can see

I'm still waiting for that from Mihawk ... it's not like Mihawk is featless in this 2 terms .... but Shank's look better for me
but it's Oda story ... as soon as I see any of those 2 in a epic way ... I will admit I was wrong

and I hope you guys be open to the idea of Shanks > Mihawk with more screen time

story arc > > > > > power level

so in the end even if I be wrong I'm gonna be mad for a week ... but I won't deny those type of feat AT ALL

I don't think what I'm saying is unfair ... right?

In my opinion chapter 965 and Shanks move set in piratewarriors kinda show how Internal adv CoA could look like if Swordmen fighter would use it.

First Roger vs Whitebeard:

As you can see around their sword the black/red aura with they use to attack each other.
I think this is a little showcase how adv CoA would look like if a swordsman use it on his weapon, Shanks ability from Piratewarrios kinda hit how it could look later:

Not only the "hakibeam" with we see from both Roger and Yamato, also his sword is covered with a red+black aura, as if his sword became large and deadly because of the haki.

When Oden get hit, he didn´t take any cut but he spit blood from his mouth as he take damage within his body while don´t taking any cut on his body. Means these "hakibeams" could be like a punch/blow who get use by a swordmens, in combination they could use it to cut the opponent and even damage the body within like gamma knife.

In my opinion chapter 965 and Shanks move set in piratewarriors kinda show how Internal adv CoA could look like if Swordmen fighter would use it.

First Roger vs Whitebeard:

As you can see around their sword the black/red aura with they use to attack each other.
I think this is a little showcase how adv CoA would look like if a swordsman use it on his weapon, Shanks ability from Piratewarrios kinda hit how it could look later:

Not only the "hakibeam" with we see from both Roger and Yamato, also his sword is covered with a red+black aura, as if his sword became large and deadly because of the haki.

When Oden get hit, he didn´t take any cut but he spit blood from his mouth as he take damage within his body while don´t taking any cut on his body. Means these "hakibeams" could be like a punch/blow who get use by a swordmens, in combination they could use it to cut the opponent and even damage the body within like gamma knife.
Oden have this as well in the games

While you can argue for Roger and Shanks revolving around another fighting style (instead of the cutting everything philosophy, doing internal destruction stuff and advanced CoC stuff), Oden has no free pass here, because he is a swordsman in the purest sense; no DF and his strength is based on cutting solely, no brute force. He even has a swordstyle named after him. Yet Tengu implied, a black blade is not a rank Oden achieved in terms of swordsmanship.

When we really talk about cutters (like Mihawk, Zoro and Oden), black blade user > non black blade user. Sure, Oden has beastly physical strength, but that's not enough to compensate for the devastating power of swordsmanship. Like Mihawk casually swinging his blade and bisecting an island sized construct from distance.

it just doesn't feel right for a swordsman to be stronger than the WSS; it just cheapens zoro's dream to me.
I suppose there is a possibility that shanks isn't a swordsman but it looks like he is right now.
Mihawk main problem for me ... is bad screen time ... if Oda solve that ... than Mihawk > Shanks

p.s
my expectations of CoC is another reason but 2ndry compare to that

Hyogoro explained, that Ryuo (flow of Haki) is what enables swordsmen to become one with their sword and achieve the ability to "cut everything". At the same time he said, that the internal destruction Haki Luffy used, is a level above that.

Can and do swordsmen make use of internal destruction Haki too, can they combine these abilities? Rayleigh displayed internal destruction Haki, but only with his palms. So there are two possibilities; possibility 1: internal destruction Haki can translate into cuts, to cut you from within, or 2: You combine both, to cut externally with Ruyo, while at the same time blasting your opponent from within with internal destruction Haki. Otherwise, swordsmen couldn't really make use of it effectively and it would be a brawlers thing.

@ShishioIsBack @HA001 @nik87 @Sentinel @playa4321 @Finalbeta @Bogard @Light D Lamperouge @Red Admiral @Admiral Lee Hung @Cinera etc
How do you think someone can cut fire?

Good question. Special technique. But assuming Kinemon has internal destruction Haki is a bit too much, lol.
Because you let « powerscalling » cloud you judgement.

Take the time to think of if: what would do more damage Zoro cutting Kaido with internal destruction or Zoro cutting after hearing the breath of his scale? And keep in mind that cutting after hearing the breath of something create a clean and deep cut.

My take on that is : cutting something after hearing his breath is internal destruction apply to one particular object or matter.

To be clear, Kinemon has access to internal destruction when he cut fire and steel but not everytime like Luffy (the same way Luffy have access to Geppo only in G4).

I think the internal destruction lvl of hardening is related to the process to form a black blade for a swordsman

Made a post about this before.

> We first heard of forging a black blade when Zoro was fighting the fox, with the keyword "forged" picking Zoro's interest
> Later on though, during Zoro's training, Tenguyama once again referred to the keyword "forged into" a black blade

And forging literally means to make, create or build into something with Ryuma doing through his history of battles

But what is particularily interesting about knowing this is while trying to compare it to the levels of hardening Oda introduced in his manga
> Level 2 hardening allows to create an invisible armor for defense or offense purposes
> With Level 3 hardening allowing to penetrate interiors and thus with the potential of changing their shape

Reminds you of something? Yes, the process of forging a sword into a black blade.

So as mentioned, I think then that this process is related to level3 hardening, except that it requires continuous usage to eventually permanently turn the blade into a black one
This actually makes alot of sense, but why doesn't Ray have it or Roger etc... I think its what your saying, but the one thing missing is being completely one with your Sword. I think you need both.

Aye. I was about to make this thread but it's seems like I don't have to because my friend @comrade make less work for me.:myman:

OT: As I said before, internal destruction/penetration haki should be exclusive for brawlers only. While swordsman can have barrier haki which can cuts everything externally. If a swordsman can use internal destruction haki then that would just ruin the concept of cutting and slashing which is the main ideology of swordsmanship.

Oden have this as well in the games
I agree, just check up his moveset from the game and he indeed have the same too as Shanks.
As compare in game he airslash without haki are blue, but with haki it became red/black similar as Shanks attacks.
The anime also point it out where Oden sword get covered with red/black aura and also use a red/black haki airslash:

Like in anime the game cover it similar with Oden having red aura around his sword:

Similar to Shanks haki feat in the game:

Ofc Shanks having the better haki control with explain why his sword is more covered with red aura then Odens sword and why his hakislash are more better, since his haki should be better then Odens.

But we see where this could going on, internal haki could look like what Oden show in the game/anime.
As example, normal Ryu/barrie haki adv step 1 user as the Scabbards, they could only make a small cut on the surface of Kaido body, not any big internal damage. Because that Kaido can easily recover, but Oden as example did use the second step of adv haki: Internal haki with make a deep scar into Kaido body where he never could recover it since 20years pass, it simple show and proof what Hyo already explain in the manga:

While the scabbards just increase their attacks, Oden left a deep wound into Kaido with until today he never really recover from it.
The Scabbards have show the first step while Luffy and Oden kinda show the second step, the strongest version internal haki.
Because that Kaido see in Luffy Roger,Whitebeard,Shanks,Rox and Oden, these are only the one who could hurt Kaido with the second lvl of haki, the internal haki.