Controversial Is it bad to be a virgin into your late 20s?

Apparently the average person looses their virginity at a relatively young age.

I’m about 23, which is definitely on the older side.

I don’t think I would have an issue getting a girlfriend or having sex if I wanted to. A while back I downloaded Hinge just for fun and I was able to get a few matches within a day.

The thing is, I feel like there’s a very specific thing I want in life and I don’t want to derail my goals just for the sake of another person.

I’d like to get my masters degree
Work out and lose weight
Move somewhere up north, like New York City or Boston

Feel like only once I get what I want, will I be okay with settling down and getting married. Only then would it really make sense for me to start seriously dating people.

I feel like it’s so odd. Because if you ever go on subreddits like r/foreveralone or you listen to incels, they always talk about how miserable and humiliating it is to be a virgin in your 20s.

But idk it just seems silly. Most of my friends ended up losing their virginities in failed relationships. I just can’t see how that’s desirable.

I got a lot to say on this but its great you are able to resist it for this long because you have something in mind. Its phenomenal in current day and era.

And no there is nothing wrong with being virgin. I'm 21 and virgin , could have got laid if i wanted but that doesnt fit right to me. I am a religious person and so is my family , which could be reason for my influence in this matter.

Im not even single in the first place but both of us are fixated on building our life first , both of us know what takes the priority over messing around.

I have heard people loose virginity by the age of 13-14 , it came off as a shock to me , but these are kind of people i dont wanna hang around with even putting their virginity aside , they are disgusting and i dont like how they see woman as an object. I am not an advocate for feminism and drama but the way speak , talk flex about it is straight up disgusting (that's how my exp has been so far you don't have to agree with it. )

Last edited:
It only sucks if it's not your intention. The people who would make you feel bad for it aren't worth anything, and if it's someone you already care about then they should have the patience to work with you.

I personally would be happy as a virgin even at that age if instead of worrying about pussy, I focused on my career. Worrying about experience or finding a partner is really a thing of the past when you have a great income. Heavy set, clammy hands, stutter, bad breath... you're still getting some if that master's degree holds up.

Apparently the average person looses their virginity at a relatively young age.

I’m about 23, which is definitely on the older side.

I don’t think I would have an issue getting a girlfriend or having sex if I wanted to. A while back I downloaded Hinge just for fun and I was able to get a few matches within a day.

The thing is, I feel like there’s a very specific thing I want in life and I don’t want to derail my goals just for the sake of another person.

I’d like to get my masters degree
Work out and lose weight
Move somewhere up north, like New York City or Boston

Feel like only once I get what I want, will I be okay with settling down and getting married. Only then would it really make sense for me to start seriously dating people.

I feel like it’s so odd. Because if you ever go on subreddits like r/foreveralone or you listen to incels, they always talk about how miserable and humiliating it is to be a virgin in your 20s.

But idk it just seems silly. Most of my friends ended up losing their virginities in failed relationships. I just can’t see how that’s desirable.
No,it doesnt really matter. You can lose it in about 10 min if you have some money on your pockets. Sex is overrated. Take your time. Don't just go sleeping with any women just for the sake of it.

Last edited:
It only sucks if it's not your intention.
I guess that’s why people on r/foreveralone or the incels are so unhappy.

But tbh it doesn’t seem that difficult. If I can get a few women to like me on a dating app, I’m sure anyone can. You’d just need to put in the time and effort. Kinda like getting a job.

Just at the moment it doesn’t seem worth it to me

But tbh it doesn’t seem that difficult. If I can get a few women to like me on a dating app, I’m sure anyone can. You’d just need to put in the time and effort. Kinda like getting a job.

My guess is since everything is sexualized,most of these men are horny and don't fit the criteria of the average women. It must suck to be them. If there was no tv,internet,radio and so on...people would care way less about their sex lives. The average couple does 10min of sex a week. Celibacy actually turns your brain more productive too. Thinking about sex takes away your focus.
Post automatically merged:

I don't use dating apps,but i hear that shit is toxic as fuck.

I don't use dating apps,but i hear that shit is toxic as fuck.
It’s tbh the most convenient and respectful way of dating
  • everyone on the app is actively looking for a partner
  • If women don’t like you, they don’t need to literally offer you a rejection, they just press a button. It doesn’t hurt your ego or put the woman in a place where she would feel unsafe
  • It allows one to parse through a large number of people in order to find people who actually like you or that you actually like

It’s tbh the most convenient and respectful way of dating
  • everyone on the app is actively looking for a partner
  • If women don’t like you, they don’t need to literally offer you a rejection, they just press a button. It doesn’t hurt your ego or put the woman in a place where she would feel unsafe
  • It allows one to parse through a large number of people in order to find people who actually like you or that you actually like
1-False: Many are there to troll and get dick picks and there are also those who use it for criminal activities. Tinder is causing people to be kidnapped in Brazil.
2-False: Trying to get a match after weeks of rejection can indeed hurt your ego.
3-I find it hard to believe one can have a deep connection with people they just met online.
I think the best dating method is to just have a huge social circle of like minded people and let things happen naturally. Most of my experiences happened with people i met in some social circle. I never dated any person i randomly met. My uncle did marry a women he met on a bus,but that ended up in a bad divorce,so i don't recommend that lmfao

My guess is since everything is sexualized,most of these men are horny and don't fit the criteria of the average women.
I just don’t think a lot of guys really fathom the amount of work they need to put in to get what they want.

like using the employment analogy. It took me several months and probably hundreds of applications to find a job. I also needed to go through dozens of interviews, most of which went nowhere.

A lot of guy’s probably get rejected once or twice and it hurts their ego so bad that they just give up instead of pushing through failure to achieve their goals.