Current Events Is it pathetic that half of the SHs don’t even know Haki?

Well, the topd dogs of the world all have OP haki but on the other hand even scrubs like Amazon lily warriors have it and pre time skip, hakiless (bar coc), Luffy was miles ahead of them.

Oda can show Franky, Robin etc overpower dudes who have haki. In the end every SH had easy game with Hody's and even Doffy's captains, Robin fodderized hakuba Cavendish. Even if they have not yet haki, or by this point they have not shown it, it doesn't mean they are not strong.

What I don't like is that they should have developed since Sabaody 2.0, we already get few from their timeskip (some new forms, even if Brook new powers were cool) but after that we have nothing for them bar Usopp getting CoO... As always we need less side characters and more SH crew.
There needs to be balance, If you have too much of one thing and not enough of another.... etc.

I wouldn't call it "pathetic", straw hats are still rookies technically and bar Robin those that don't know haki spent the timeskip with people that were hardly top fighters.
That said, I do wish they would learn it going by how small the crew , while haki doesn't suddenly make someone strong, it certainly a plus to have and there's at least a color that would help with any fighting style. ( Example : CoA wouldn't really change anything for Nami, but being a glass cannon trained observation would make her lightning strikes more precise and also better at dodging Or Chopper : He would benefit from the two type being a brawler.)
With how far we are in the story though, I don't expect anything.

Last edited:
I think that the OP is talking about the main crew.
From what we have seen, only WB Pirates had that "allied crews" thing. Both Big Mom and Kaidou immediately incorporate crews into their own crew, meaning they are all main crew.
Maybe Shanks might have allied crews.
So Strawhats only match Yonkou crews numbers with Grand Fleet, and easily surpass it both in strength and numbers if you count allies as well.

No, compare to the Yonko crew they lack numbers. But in term of proportion, I’m not certain that any Yonko can argue that they have 50% of their crew who have any mastery over haki .
I'm talking Yonko crew members who matter, not fodders. We've seen them making SH their bitch, and I'm not even talking about YCs. Veterans were no-diffing SHs casually, they're superior to them both in abilities and possess good haki.

H

Homelander

I wish Nami learns Haki she depends on borrowed powers , weakest SH in my opinion .

Robin and Franky could learn haki if they want to . I dont think they necessarily need it !!

Ussop and Chopper need serious attention i do feel at times they are irrelevant in the manga . Oda has not worked on Ussop's haki yet and we are still theorizing on luffy's advance haki .

They are far from Pirate king level just look at Roger and Whitebeards crew most of them were fairly powerful on their own right .

H

Homelander

I wouldn't call it "pathetic", straw hats are still rookies technically and bar Robin those that don't know haki spent the timeskip with people that were hardly top fighters.
That said, I do wish they would learn it going by how small the crew , while haki doesn't suddenly make someone strong, it certainly a plus to have and there's at least a color that would help with any fighting style. ( Example : CoA wouldn't really change anything for Nami, but being a glass cannon trained observation would make her lightning strikes more precise and also better at dodging Or Chopper : He would benefit from the two type being a brawler.)
With how far we are in the story though, I don't expect anything.
This

In my opinion oda def thought of this and added grandfleet crew to shield low tiers in shp . This was best thing he could do he knew SHP werent strong enough to fight Blackbeard pirates .

Just look at Blackbeard crew most of them are literal monster . I just dont see current SHP can even mid diff them . Only Asspulls can save them really .

H

Homelander

Considering everything has been leading up to this, this is the arc to judge by.

If they remain side character and do not advance, i might agree, but at this point, too early.
Real time is irrelevant really.
In the future reading 300 chapters if a few weeks tops.
we are already done with 70 percent of manga mate at this point any power up they get will be like sanji gaining raid suit ability .

Wano is one of the end game in the series if they didnt achieve a boostup now , oda will have tough time to accommodate the shp crew against blackbeard . The same BB pirates who defeated Whitebeard crew the low tier will need boostup like in dragon ball .

Only thing that will save is Grandfleet crew . Oda balanced to avoid focus on low tier fighters in shp . We hardly got focus on low tier fighters so far since time skip .

H

Homelander

It is the opposite. It is impressive that:
-Half of the strawhats knows haki
-4 strawhats out of ten know 2 type of haki.

Look at the other supernovaes crew. You will see that the Mugiwaras crew is OP as fuck.
Are we still comparing SHP to Supernova ? Its already done mate Luffy's crew needs comparison to BB pirates . There is serious lag in strength so far ! SHP vs BB pirates where does it stand ? The crew is still nowhere near BB pirates level even burgess was tough cookie and guy like Sabo had to rake him down .

Considering the crew numbers SHP is lucky as hell they havent fought one on one in most cases yet hopefully i am considered wrong after this war arc .

we are already done with 70 percent of manga mate at this point any power up they get will be like sanji gaining raid suit ability .

Wano is one of the end game in the series if they didnt achieve a boostup now , oda will have tough time to accommodate the shp crew against blackbeard . The same BB pirates who defeated Whitebeard crew the low tier will need boostup like in dragon ball .

Only thing that will save is Grandfleet crew . Oda balanced to avoid focus on low tier fighters in shp . We hardly got focus on low tier fighters so far since time skip .
Considering 50 percent was the first half, irrelevant.
This arc is the first real test for anyone not called Luffy, this is the arc to judge.

Whitebeard crew is a few high tiers, rest are not so relevant, BB himself is a top tier and could take on 3 high tiers.

Grand fleet is pretty much weaker than most Strawhats.

Don't you think that Oven, Daifuku, Compote, Pekoms, Tamago, Mont-d'Or, Vista, Izo, Appo, Hawkins, P1 etc... can stomp any of the SHs who are not M3??
Nope. Daifuku relies on his djinn, both Robin and Brook can take him, Franky questionable since he would need to fight the djinn.
Oven is a bad matchup for Robin, the other two might be better.
Compote has not done anything.
Pekoms was taken out by a gun.
Mont dor is a support character.
Tamago is a good matchup for Brook.
What is Vista doing there? Dude matched Mihawk.
Apoo, Hawkins and so on are captains in there own right, they canz be matched now but endgame? Definitely.

H

Homelander

Considering 50 percent was the first half, irrelevant.
This arc is the first real test for anyone not called Luffy, this is the arc to judge.

Whitebeard crew is a few high tiers, rest are not so relevant, BB himself is a top tier and could take on 3 high tiers.

Grand fleet is pretty much weaker than most Strawhats.
Even we take

Orlombous
Cabbage
Ideo
Sai
Hajruddin

They are formidable mid tier level and stronger than weak trios . Oda has already found the loop to accommodate weak fighter .

Do we really expect Nami , chopper and Robi to become like kata or smoothie ? Nope Oda has seen their limitation . Usop still has potential to jump into mid tier fighter but still long way to go man .