Powers & Abilities Is Kaido the strongest character?

Do you (still) think that Kaido is the strongest?

• Total voters

Bogard

You can't win
Lol I still remember how much wanked Kaido was compared to characters, he has no grounds on(Roger/Whitebeard). Funny to see him getting downplayed now.

Seems like the BM clash changed people mind, but did people really expected Kaido to one shit her or something? It was always obvious to me that a top tier battle will last long, so wasn't surprised

The only good thing behind it is that people will finally see he had no business with Roger/Whitebeard, but there is no doubt he is the strongest rn(well except Blackbeard)

Lol... They still failed to damage him...
I'm just using your logic
Oden>every top tier
Who said that?
Oden managed to make a perminent scar on Kaido
Giving damage is NOT the same as giving permemant scar

What I mean by that is that Luffy most likely will learn to be able to damage Kaido with his advanced Haki. And that type of haki is something Rayleigh can do at his old age with ease. And many top tiers most likely have it

giving damage then to be healed with time is NOT the same as giving a scar that would last forever

And I think that's what will be Oda's way of giving hype for both:
1- Oden's skills as a swordsman
2- Enma Sword

you see, if by any chance Oda gave the full credit of Kaido's injury to Oden personal prowess and his skill, Enma sword hype would be simply go to waste, cause that's basically like saying Oden would have given a perminent scar regardless of what sword he's got

On the other hand, if Oda gave the credit to Enma only, and that the sword managed to injure Kaido and give him this scar for life only because the sword is that powerful, then Oden's hype went to garbage as well.

So, if I was a writer, I would give balance to this argument and give credit to both and would point out these points:

1- Enma sword would NEVER hurt Kaido, UNLESS the user can apply this advanced armament haki technique to damage Kaido, this part of argument kept the hype around Oden's own skills to be able to damage Kaido regardless of what sword he got.

2- HOWEVER, the scar would ONLY remain perminent on Kaido's skin (which some claim to be immortal) only because the Enma sword has a special power that prevents the scar or damage from getting healed!

That way, Oda gave the full credit of damaging Kaido to Oden's skill, but at the same time, maintained the hype of Enma by saying its power counters something like immortality where its damage is perminent and cannot be healed

Again, it's all speculation hahahaha

After Oda revealed he was scarred by someone who Zoro will probably surpass this arc , i think no .

Unless he convince me again later
Shanks got scarred by a fish and no DF BB. BM got her Homie taken away by Nami and brook hurt her homie in a 1 v 1. Why do you guys like to take low ball feats and think your making a good point.
Post automatically merged:

I've been fighting this notion of Kaido being confirmed the strongest character by the narrator since I joined OJ.

Kaido was never ever confirmed to be the strongest, he's amongst the strongest, but was he acknowledged by even top tiers to be the most powerful individual? Never.

In comparison Whitebeard is still getting called the world's strongest man by databooks and that past his death.

- He's the yonkou with most confirmed losses and was captured god knows how often.
- He's the only yonkou allied with a country of warriors for the past 20 years and still hasn't managed to surpass even an Old, sick Newgate.

And now Big mom is stale mating, no sign of worry while being in his territory, having a smile on her face despite not being able to use Zeus or prometheus.
Kaido didn't even use his DF against BM.
Post automatically merged:

Actually the BM vs Kaido clash lasted at least 3 days (now I'm not sure if 3 or 4, maybe even 2 XD), in the last chapter you can see the days passing by lookijg at the boxes, and after that we have them making the announce.

Plus, at least for me, what is becoming stronger and stronger, there were already many hints at this, is that Kaido and BM have the same powerlevel and this is what thier tie underlined. There is also the sky splitter innuendo to Shanks clashing with WB. But that was WB, these are just Kaido and BM.
We last seen them fighting after the 1 day past. Anything after that is headcannon.

Shanks got scarred by a fish and no DF BB. BM got her Homie taken away by Nami and brook hurt her homie in a 1 v 1. Why do you guys like to take low ball feats and think your making a good point
What's Kaido's excuse for getting scarred by Oden right now though ? All of ones you mentioned have excuses / can be excusable , unless the excuse is Blue Fire or other special kind of Fire ( i think Enma is a Fire sword ) then i just see someone like Akainu doing more than giving him a big , deep cut spanning from his lower chest to waist like that .... maybe even capable of killing him if he directs his attack to his head like he did Whitebeard , i also actually think Oden could've killed Kaido with the Enma attack if he directed it to Kaido's upper neck or face

Maybe Kaido is indeed the strongest though but i don't see him on his own level

I

Inspector_Mu

Lol I still remember how much wanked Kaido was compared to characters, he has no grounds on(Roger/Whitebeard). Funny to see him getting downplayed now.

Seems like the BM clash changed people mind, but did people really expected Kaido to one shit her or something? It was always obvious to me that a top tier battle will last long, so wasn't surprised

The only good thing behind it is that people will finally see he had no business with Roger/Whitebeard, but there is no doubt he is the strongest rn(well except Blackbeard)
It is because these dudes never thought Bm was only second to kaido from pirate side
Kaido and BM were portrayed as powerhouses of Pirates...oda made it clear that these 2 are the monsters ...but nah fanboys thought BM will loses easily to kaido

Nothing confirmed so far.... expecially after the recent chapters!

Then he is the hypest character for now in the manga (after Roger and Whitebeard ofc) but even because he is the main antagonist of the current arc.

At the end of the day we all know who the real One Piece boss is.... Teach!!!

No, because it makes no sense from a narrative standpoint and his "always bet 1vs1" title is just people's opinions. He's not as significant as Akainu, Dragon, and Shanks; thus, they're probably above him. Blackbeard for sure will be above Kaido by the EoS.