Powers & Abilities Is Kaido the strongest character?

Do you (still) think that Kaido is the strongest?

• Total voters
Oda: Kaido is the reference for strongest living infront of Akainu

WG user: Akainu is stronger than Kaido :yasu:
"A mother is the strongest living being in the world, even stronger than Kaido!!"

Are you sure it's not referencing his title as "strongest creature"? 生き物 (I'm assuming that's what's used in the JPN version) could also translate to "being." So it really should be "a mother is the strongest living creature in the world."

I used to doubt Kaido's title myself but the thing that convinced me he is really the strongest is Oda's reply in the SBS

In a question where it was asked if a mother was stronger than Akainu, Oda used his title to justify a mother is even stronger than Kaido, let alone Akainu

That was the moment i was sure his title was legit. With that said, i have an exception to that title. It's Blackbeard. Unlike the other top tiers, he is in the worst generation, who keeps improving, was already a yonko a year ago.

I suspect he grew even stronger with an additional year, but just like when people weren't accepting him as a yonko until he overwhelmed Marco, i believe Oda is waiting for Blackbeard next demonstration of power to show he is actually the strongest character currently, but since it's speculative as of yet, i place him in a tie position with Kaido right now
Yes but no imo. Oda usually trolls in SBS and that was not a direct answer about Kaido, I remember the one where he compared himself to Shanks.. And that imo was a troll by him on him to say he looks at himself like a strong, cool, righteous etc man, some other people (a certain notorious fan of Shanks on Oro) saw that as Oda stating that Shanks was his avatar in the manga...

I want the raws of that SBS and raws of any panels where Kaido is called the "strongest creature."
Post automatically merged:

I am certain Kaido was a man-made creature and from a project to create the strongest one. When he's called "strongest creature," they're technically not wrong, but he could still lose to other top tiers.

Last edited:

Bogard

You can't win
I want the raws of that SBS and raws of any panels where Kaido is called the "strongest creature."
Post automatically merged:

I am certain Kaido was a man-made creature and from a project to create the strongest one. When he's called "strongest creature," they're technically not wrong, but he could still lose to other top tiers.
The translation is irrelevant. The point is the fact Oda used Kaido as a reference in a question that had nothing to do with him. The person asked if his mother was stronger than Akainu. Yet he replied she is even stronger than Kaido as a reference point to imply that she is stronger than Kaido, let alone Akainu

The translation is irrelevant. The point is the fact Oda used Kaido as a reference in a question that had nothing to do with him. The person asked if his mother was stronger than Akainu. Yet he replied she is even stronger than Kaido as a reference point to imply that she is stronger than Kaido, let alone Akainu
Oda referenced Kaido because he referred to mother as the "strongest creature." If anything, he didn't really answer if they're stronger than Akainu.

Yes he's the strongest, his hype alone shits on everybody in the verse at this point. 1-1 bet on Kaido was introduced with all the current top tiers being known to the public. Doesn't matter if it's 100% accurate since he's the only being in the verse with hype like that.

His durability only farther hints at it with him only having taken a single serious wound in his life.

If it's not him it's dragon or IM as there the only 2 people the world at large doesn't know of. Not sure why anybody would be arguing akainu stronger, seems random as hell. Most his hype comes from the fact he's actually fought other top tiers & we have info on it. Outside of that he's done literally nothing another top tier couldn't....

Whitebeard, who is confirmed as above Kaido.

Plus all top tiers are known yet Kaido the one u bet on 1-1, there's a clear reason for that.
"1vs1, bet on Kaido" is just people's opinions (in the OPverse). This stems from being called the "strongest creature," which again, is just people's opinions (in the OPverse). And that obviously stems from being some unkillable thing.

Whitebeard, who is confirmed as above Kaido.
WB above everybody that's irrelevant.
"1vs1, bet on Kaido" is just people's opinions (in the OPverse). This stems from being called the "strongest creature," which again, is just people's opinions (in the OPverse). And that obviously stems from being some unkillable thing.
And all those sayings are random nonsense? Of course not, those saying came into existence due to Kaido accomplishments as a pirate.

U don't see anybody claiming 1-1 any other top tiers the best. Yet with Kaido it was mixed into his intro. Obviously because he's in fact the strongest excluded unknowns like dragon/IM.

And all those sayings are random nonsense?
I'm saying they're just people's misconceptions based on whatever thing he's supposed to be.

Of course not, those saying came into existence due to Kaido accomplishments as a pirate.
No, those sayings exist because Kaido is unkillable and from an unknown species.

U don't see anybody claiming 1-1 any other top tiers the best.
You didn't hear that for Whitebeard, yet he's stronger than Kaido. Ace Novels confirmed people still bet on Kaido when Whitebeard was around. You're making this into something more.

Yet with Kaido it was mixed into his intro.
Okay, but it's still just people's opinions.

Obviously because he's in fact the strongest excluded unknowns like dragon/IM.
Or obviously because he's unkillable and from an unknown species, which gives people the idea he's the strongest creature (they're technically not wrong).