Controversial Is Katakuri v Luffy still the best fight Post-TS?

Best Fight Post Timeskip?

• Kidd & Law v Big Mom

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Luffy v Kaido

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Luffy v Katakuri

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • Luffy v Joker

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Zoro v King

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • Zoro v Killer

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Luffy v Hody

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Sanji v Queen

• Sanji v Luffy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luffy & Nami v Cracker

• Law v Vergo

• Smoker v Vergo

• Garp v BBP

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Shanks decimates Kidd

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Veku

Flamboyant

Goes to:

Goes to:

Goes to:
Besides all of them having a good choreography, they are fundamentally follow the same rules and thus resulting in a flow that is visually appealing and a good read at the same time.

Most other post ts fights have too many disrupting factors within the fight itself, like Zoro trying to tame Enma and not to lose his swords, Garp having to fight multiple opponents seperately, Law being required to be saved and Trebol and Bellamy getting in Luffy's way against Doffy etc.​

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Goes to:

Goes to:

Goes to:
Besides all of them having a good choreography, they are fundamentally follow the same rules and thus resulting in a flow that is visually appealing and a good read at the same time.

Most other post ts fights have too many disrupting factors within the fight itself, like Zoro trying to tame Enma and not to lose his swords, Garp having to fight multiple opponents seperately, Law being required to be saved and Trebol and Bellamy getting in Luffy's way against Doffy etc.​
Anime did a great job showing how tough Vergo is, how hard he hits. You can almost feel how painful those attacks are firsthand.

Also fully agreed with that stretch of the Luffy vs Kaidou fight. I would extend that to G4 Luffy vs Kaidou too.

Anime Zoro vs King deserves to be up here too somewhere.

I think narratively it is definitely one of the strongest fights in the series, and had the first truly epic action animation oriented episode of the series(I think that the only other precursor would be episode 616, which was Smoker vs Vergo funnily enough).

It has definitely been surpassed on the action animation front, but I think it still holds up really well.
Post automatically merged:

Best Luffy fight for sure. Imagine if G5 was as smooth as this instead of a filtered mess
Gear 5th is objectively a ton smoother than Luffy vs Katakuri.

Like, if anything, your issue with it is that the animation is too smooth lol.