Character Discussion Is King the most wanked Commander in OP verse as of now?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Zoro used Asura which is his strongest attack against Kaidou who wasn't able to block/defend.
Not the same as King's Flame-Off defense and suit getting bypassed by Zoro's regular slash.
Attack used is irrelevant when different haki is used.

1010 base luffy acoc attacks were doing more damage than all the g4 ryou hits he called shallow prior

Doesn't make base > g4 when same haki used.

Anyone find it interesting how Zoro's arc opponents have a high tendency to appear again later in the story similar to Luffy's opponents?

Helmeppo - follows Coby around, still relevant.

Cabaji - constantly following Buggy in his New World exploits.

Hachi - appeared again in Sabaody and Fishmen Island.

Tashigi - follows Smoker around, Marineford, Punk Hazard, still relevant.

Daz Bones - appeared again in Impel Down and even now as part of Cross Guild.

T-Bone - appeared again in post time skip with a higher rank.

Kaku - joined CP0 and is in the current arc, even got awakening pretty quick.

Ryuma - highly relevant in Wano and confirmed to be Zoro's ancestor.

Kuma - getting really important in the plot lately.

and now King - relevant to Seraphim creation and might have a role in the future.

Last edited:
King will never crack the top 50 even. He's far too forgettable.

Me personally I don't usually like Author's pets. But Katakuri also has tons of feats and he's too aesthetically pleasing in battle. So he's still goated for me.

Shanks is an example of a character I just can't enjoy, because it's just constant wank without any substance or action. It gets tiring.
This is a pretty solid assessment.

Portrayal and aesthetic matter a lot to the average reader and for the most part, all of the Beast Pirates have none of it.

It's why several of the BMP actually rank in world wide popularity polls, whereas, the only Beast Pirate who shows up is Ulti.

Oda puts a lot into making one crew "feel" cooler than the other.

That said, Queen would probably be the only other Beast Pirate who could rank if he wasn't so aesthetically/visually unpleasing

He is super overrated for sure......his existence is not because of him...but him being a lunarian thats all. And even that lunarian plot seems forced down our throat now.

Whatever happened to Wapol metal.

I agree with @ZenZu .
Fraudo and King of Fertilizers were not treated any better than Big Meme and Katacuck.
I argue that their backstories have similarities that makes them a duo of hypocrites.
Fraudo was a child who was forced by world government to grow up on the warpath,and after breaking free of that,he become a tyrant just like they are.
Fertilizer belongs to a race who thought they were untouchable gods because of their special attributes,and after the world government proved that this is not true,he become a tyrant just like they are,like Fraudo.
Furthermore,all four accomplished absolutely nothing as villains.
@L55 @Boiroy @ConquistadoR @Lor D. Coast @Gol D. Roger

Last edited:
Good job @Boiroy

I like this thread

No I'd say Oda treats King the worst out of the right hands and by a large margin. King overall has the best feats but he's never shown much love by Oda.

Wank is what Oda did with Katakuri in WCI when he made him a bigger threat than a Yonkou and refused to have MC Luffy get a clear win over him. Wank is what Oda does when he draws Marco ragdolling King and Queen together on panel and top tiers run away from him. Oda didn't draw a single panel of King doing anything to Marco. All we see is Marco exhausted with no good panels of King doing anything, while he had Marco sonning King and Queen put together. That's what you call wank.

And the worst of it all was when Oda tossed King to the wolves when he drew Greenbull using him as fertilizer. Forget Marco and Katakuri, I know Doflamingo would never be drawn in that manner. Not even Crocodile. And yet King, someone arguably the strongest of the bunch was chewed up and spit out.

He was also called King the background for a reason. Nigh irrelevant only waiting for a 2 chapter fight to lose to Zoro. To make matters worse we don't even know why King lost so fast, it almost seems like Oda just had him throw when he should have outlasted Zoro who could barely fight for a few mins.

So yea overall, King is the most disrespected first mate by far.
You tried to sneak Katakuri in a group with Marco as if we wouldnt notice lmao. Marco do have a case to be the most respected/wanked/protected commander, but Katakuri has no business here. Not even the most delusional fanboys believe Katakuri was a bigger threat than Big Mom.

You are giving your own definition of wank. Let me try.

- Wank is when WG selects King's DNA despite Kaido being their prisoner, the same Kaido who is known as the toughest pirate in the world
- Wank is, as OP pointed out, when Whitebeard, Marco, Queen, etc. everyone calls the character a God or when Kaido change the name of the character to "King"
- Wank is when King solos an entire yonko crew including Katakuri's mommy
- Wank is when Kaido's skin gets cut with basic tatsumaki but King blocks it clean
- Wank is when King's abilities and his race remain relevant till EoS through the most significant late addition to the story, seraphims

Regarding Oda tossing King to the wolves, he got defeated by an admiral under unknown circumstances. Arent you the one who always wanks admirals? Why is it a shame now to get defeated by an admiral when there is high possibility King was crippled and in no condition to fight? Katakuri got beaten by a Luffy who got one-shotted by Kaido. Heck, even Killer didnt get one shotted while fighting Kaido. The only time Katakuri gets a panel after WCI, Oda makes him look like a fool so that Caesar Clown get a W, is that what you call protected lmao?

Cant you see how highly Oda thinks of King's abilities from this chapter? Katakuri didnt get the basic respect like the other YC1s. He was never called the right hand man unlike King & Marco. He has the lowest bounty out of the three, Heck Oda even gave Queen has a higher bounty than Katakuri.

BB- with your power Shiryu, we can conqueror the world.
Join me
😍
Whoever fights Zoro seems to be invincible. :jordanmf:
And whoever beats Zoro goes past invincible. They are revered as Gods and strongest in the world.

Luffy: Zoro! If you were here... How could this have happened? (Vs Enel)
Luffy: Hawk Eyes?! This is no time for me to fight someone strong like that (Vs Mihawk)
Sanji: (can't remember exact line) Marimo... Who the hell beat you up like this anyways? (Vs Kaido & Big Mom)

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
No CoC, Commander & not VC status, zero relevance for 90% of Wano. One Race gimmick that saves his ass.

King the WildMatchstick was just Kaido's water boy aka Post TS Kaku. Zoro was already better than him the moment he stepped foot on Onigashima.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Good job @Boiroy

I like this thread

You tried to sneak Katakuri in a group with Marco as if we wont notice lmao. Marco do have a case to be the most respected/wanked/protected commander, but Katakuri has no business here. Not even the most delusional fanboys believe Katakuri was a bigger threat than Big Mom.

You are giving your own definition of wank. Let me try.

- Wank is when WG choose to use King's DNA despite Kaido being their prisoner, the same Kaido who is known as the toughest pirate in the world
- Wank is, as OP pointed out, when Whitebeard, Marco, Queen, etc. everyone calls the character a God or when Kaido change the name of the character to "King"
- Wank is when King solos an entire yonko crew including Katakuri's mommy
- Wank is when Kaido's skin gets cut with basic tatsumaki but King blocks it clean
- Wank is when King's abilities and his race remain relevant till EoS through the most significant late addition to the story, seraphims

Regarding Oda tossing King to the wolves, he got defeated by an admiral under unknown circumstances. Arent you the one who is always wanks admirals? Why is it a shame now to get defeated by an admiral when there is high possibility King was crippled and in no condition to fight? Katakuri got beaten by a Luffy who got one-shotted by Kaido. Heck, even Killer didnt get one shotted while fighting Kaido. The only time Katakuri gets a panel after WCI, Oda makes him look like a fool so that Caesar Clown get a W, is that what you call protected lmao?

Cant you see how highly Oda thinks of King's abilities from this chapter? Katakuri didnt get the basic respect like the other YC1s. He was never called the right hand man unlike King & Marco. He has the lowest bounty out of the three, Heck Oda even gave Queen has a higher bounty than Katakuri.
Yea you're confusing King's race for King wank.

I absolutely agree Lunarians are wanked. King not so much.

Oda has no respect for the dude he fed him to Greenbull like he was trash. And he called him King yet didn't give him CoC.

Oda put no effort into King. Queen is by far his favourite Beast Pirate.

I absolutely agree Lunarians are wanked. King not so much.
Do you know any Lunarian other than King? What kind of dumb statement is this? Its like saying Luffy's fruit is wanked during G5, but not Luffy himself

Oda has no respect for the dude he fed him to Greenbull like he was trash.
Better than making Caesar Clown's hypetool lmao

ZenZu

No CoC, Commander & not VC status, zero relevance for 90% of Wano. One Race gimmick that saves his ass.

King the WildMatchstick was just Kaido's water boy aka Post TS Kaku. Zoro was already better than him the moment he stepped foot on Onigashima.
Honestly this chapter confirms a feeling I've had for a while. That Zoro could have dealt with King if he had more time.

Well if King fought like an idiot that is. Oda really has to break down the limitations of flame on, otherwise King will forever go down as the dumbest character in One Piece.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Honestly this chapter confirms a feeling I've had for a while. That Zoro could have dealt with King if he had more time.

Well if King fought like an idiot that is. Oda really has to break down the limitations of flame on, otherwise King will forever go down as the dumbest character in One Piece.
Yep.

There must be a limiter. If there isnt a threshold for damage, there basically should be a threshold for how long King can keep that Temporary Invincibility.

It was basically just a stall tactic. CoC was extreme overkill for King, hence why the 3 shot. Even without that Zoro would've dealt with him, just a bit more effort thats all.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

Feelings matter. Zoro made him feel inferior by proving his defense is meaningless against him, which gave him a sense of insecurity. He wanted to prove his superiority and ultimately failed. Not that different form Mochi-Kun stabbing his own ass.

ZenZu

Do you know any Lunarian other than King? What kind of dumb statement is this? Its like saying Luffy's fruit is wanked during G5, but not Luffy himself
Hm maybe you're onto something. It's the reason a lot of Luffy fans and One Piece fans hated G5.

Regarding King though, you don't get it.

It's the fact that King is a lunarian who should be nearly impossible to put down, and even had a matchup advantage against Greenbull and yet Oda still drew him like he was trash is what confirms King is not wanked.

Oda didn't draw far lesser characters in such a position.

Forget how he was largely mia during the entirety of Wano.

Better than making Caesar Clown's hypetool lmao
This is not even worth addressing but Kat was not CC's hypetool at all, he simply freed the Vinsmokes on a cover page, momentarily stopping Katakuri.

CC got plenty of hype back in PH when he knocked Luffy out cold, we know how hax he can be.

The story is what it is, there is no "wank".
Only stupid views from people who have agendas warp what the story shows. If Oda wants the BM pirates to react to King like that, then clearly he's trying to convey that he's considered a big deal even by other yonko crews.