General & Others Is Oda the best Japanese writer out there?

Time * not tune
, many theories were right , if you have a resonable explanation to your theory it will be right indeed , that’s the point behind foreshadowing, haki is one of the smartest power systems ever , it is well explained and will built from the first chapter , give a fvcking example you dumbass , doflamingo fight you will say right , after law destroyed his inner organs luffy just has to finish him , a huge artwork like one piece cant be understanded from just one reading
Post automatically merged:

Akira toriyama 😂😂😂😂
Oh yeah , you are absolutely right 👏👏👏👏👏

There is no better written story than OP

Togashi is great but Oda is better
If Haki would have been worked since chapter 1 Oda would have Shanks panel having the same risks effects he had when Rayleigh is using when teaching Luffy to be very clear that is Conqueror's haki. Initially Conqueror's haki seems a god power to avoid fodders but against top tiers it is useless. That is why Oda invented that bullshit of chapter 1010. And once again almost never was represented like that. Before 1010 everybody believed that Roger and WB clash was about Adv CoC and that bullshit Shanks is doing at WB's ship was supposed to be Adv CoC although still useless in a fight(one of the best theories send to thrash by Oda child straight forward thought).
We literally had after 1010 BM using Adv CoC for the first time. But when she and Kaido clashed they weren't using it since they were touching. Same shit WB clashing Shanks(that most likely has Adv CoC).

If Haki were a early and well developed introduction Oda wouldn't be doing that mess at Marineford where no one understand who has haki and who doesn't (Admiral Akainu being surprised by WB's First Commander Marco having haki...). So Oda or editor's solution was to start draw haki as black and make some idiots thinking this was a special time of haki stronger than the one saw at Marineford with all those top tiers that didn't know "hardening" hahahaha(Rayleigh included).

If haki was an early thing Oda wouldn't come up with water to defeat Crocodile and Rubber to defeat Enel. At same time he took Zoro's breath of all things as haki but it didn't worked against Enel(that has Killua's power from HxH because of the combination of Mantra and his DF).

If haki was an early thing Oda wouldn't make BB's "logia"(that is actually a paramecia) that seemed so OP since at time we had very few ways to deal with Logias that made Darkness DF so OP that Oda had to came up if that stupid "nerf"(since he is not really taking in consideration) that that user of this DF receives more damage than usual. And now with haki introduction this is pretty much one of the worst DF if Oda take seriously that nerf condition. Also Zoans should be the best class of DF since it boosts people abilities and if we have top tiers non-devil fruit uses they would be much stronger with Zoans specially Ancient Carnivore ones.

I can keep going...

If Haki would have been worked since chapter 1 Oda would have Shanks panel having the same risks effects he had when Rayleigh is using when teaching Luffy to be very clear that is Conqueror's haki. Initially Conqueror's haki seems a god power to avoid fodders but against top tiers it is useless. That is why Oda invented that bullshit of chapter 1010. And once again almost never was represented like that. Before 1010 everybody believed that Roger and WB clash was about Adv CoC and that bullshit Shanks is doing at WB's ship was supposed to be Adv CoC although still useless in a fight(one of the best theories send to thrash by Oda child straight forward thought).
We literally had after 1010 BM using Adv CoC for the first time. But when she and Kaido clashed they weren't using it since they were touching. Same shit WB clashing Shanks(that most likely has Adv CoC).

If Haki were a early and well developed introduction Oda wouldn't be doing that mess at Marineford where no one understand who has haki and who doesn't (Admiral Akainu being surprised by WB's First Commander Marco having haki...). So Oda or editor's solution was to start draw haki as black and make some idiots thinking this was a special time of haki stronger than the one saw at Marineford with all those top tiers that didn't know "hardening" hahahaha(Rayleigh included).

If haki was an early thing Oda wouldn't come up with water to defeat Crocodile and Rubber to defeat Enel. At same time he took Zoro's breath of all things as haki but it didn't worked against Enel(that has Killua's power from HxH because of the combination of Mantra and his DF).

If haki was an early thing Oda wouldn't make BB's "logia"(that is actually a paramecia) that seemed so OP since at time we had very few ways to deal with Logias that made Darkness DF so OP that Oda had to came up if that stupid "nerf"(since he is not really taking in consideration) that that user of this DF receives more damage than usual. And now with haki introduction this is pretty much one of the worst DF if Oda take seriously that nerf condition. Also Zoans should be the best class of DF since it boosts people abilities and if we have top tiers non-devil fruit uses they would be much stronger with Zoans specially Ancient Carnivore ones.

I can keep going...
Wow , 100 line with literally no single true word , everyone knows that the black color is just added after the marineford and it is the same haki that the people at marineford uses not more powerful , lol the point of enel amd crocodile is actually shit , from whom luffy would know the haki , zoro used the against mr 2 because a samurai from wano rold him about the concept .
At whitebeard ship shanks could damage it with just CoC so it really can do damage from early chapters . The darkness take the damage ,that is what bb said and itis pretty logical
Akainu said those damn haki users , he wasn’t surprised at all , the only idiot is toy to think that the editor could make Oda do something

Wow , 100 line with literally no single true word , everyone knows that the black color is just added after the marineford and it is the same haki that the people at marineford uses not more powerful , lol the point of enel amd crocodile is actually shit , from whom luffy would know the haki , zoro used the against mr 2 because a samurai from wano rold him about the concept .
At whitebeard ship shanks could damage it with just CoC so it really can do damage from early chapters . The darkness take the damage ,that is what bb said and itis pretty logical
Akainu said those damn haki users , he wasn’t surprised at all , the only idiot is toy to think that the editor could make Oda do something
This was meant to you I guess?
What the hell are you saying? I can't even understand anymore.

People DO believe Hardening(black coat) is a different type of haki than the one presented at Marineford. YT has dozens of videos about that. Not only that but people (because of anime) believe RED HAKI is a thing and also TRIBAL HAKI. Those people will never believe that G4 is actually Luffy's normal colour without red/black and even tribal "tattoos".

You can say about Crocodile since we are not sure if he is back to chase Pluton. But he never wanted to rule Alabasta as Doflamingo did at Dressrosa.
And Enel is fully completing his dream to go to moon. Luffy and Sanji did nothing to stop that.

Zoro used haki against Mr 1(not Mr 2 which was Sanji's opponent). What the problem with Zoro having a teacher that told him haki? This is just inconsistency of Oda since Luffy was trained all his life by Garp and Rayleigh is the one telling him about haki.

We never saw normal CoC damaging objects unless at clashes between CoC users like Luffy vs Katakuri. So far we can't say Shanks was using normal CoC when entering WB's ship.

Teach said that his DF makes him not only tangible unlikelly others logias(pure bullshit, is just a normal paramecia) but makes him taking more damage to attacks.

Akainu words "haki users?" he is questioning. Marco 1st Commander and Vista toe to toe with Mihawk. And Akainu didn't expected them to be haki users.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I've never followed these kinds of blanket terms for writers. To me, it's more a case by case basis. There are things as a writer Oda provides me some other writers don't, but there are things other writers offer Oda may not. If you're interested in fictional storytelling, it doesn't hurt to discover different materials. You may determine what you initially believed might not have been the full picture.

This was meant to you I guess?
What the hell are you saying? I can't even understand anymore.

People DO believe Hardening(black coat) is a different type of haki than the one presented at Marineford. YT has dozens of videos about that. Not only that but people (because of anime) believe RED HAKI is a thing and also TRIBAL HAKI. Those people will never believe that G4 is actually Luffy's normal colour without red/black and even tribal "tattoos".

You can say about Crocodile since we are not sure if he is back to chase Pluton. But he never wanted to rule Alabasta as Doflamingo did at Dressrosa.
And Enel is fully completing his dream to go to moon. Luffy and Sanji did nothing to stop that.

Zoro used haki against Mr 1(not Mr 2 which was Sanji's opponent). What the problem with Zoro having a teacher that told him haki? This is just inconsistency of Oda since Luffy was trained all his life by Garp and Rayleigh is the one telling him about haki.

We never saw normal CoC damaging objects unless at clashes between CoC users like Luffy vs Katakuri. So far we can't say Shanks was using normal CoC when entering WB's ship.

Teach said that his DF makes him not only tangible unlikelly others logias(pure bullshit, is just a normal paramecia) but makes him taking more damage to attacks.

Akainu words "haki users?" he is questioning. Marco 1st Commander and Vista toe to toe with Mihawk. And Akainu didn't expected them to be haki users.
Before anything logia is the natural elements fruit , that’s why muchi muchi is paramecia and darkness is logia

Before anything logia is the natural elements fruit , that’s why muchi muchi is paramecia and darkness is logia
Before anything darkness is not an element. Darkness is just the absence of light. Just another reason for being a paramecia. Muchi muchi is bullshit Oda made and called special. Would be better if he chose to be logia and fuck it. It acts like Logia. While Yami Yami no Mi acts like Paramecia. We also have Marco's DF acting like Logia and Kaido's DF acting like Paramecia+Zoan. Also that Revolutionaire Commander has that Special Zoan... When Oda fucks up he just puts special at beginning and fanboys love it.

Before anything darkness is not an element. Darkness is just the absence of light. Just another reason for being a paramecia. Muchi muchi is bullshit Oda made and called special. Would be better if he chose to be logia and fuck it. It acts like Logia. While Yami Yami no Mi acts like Paramecia. We also have Marco's DF acting like Logia and Kaido's DF acting like Paramecia+Zoan. Also that Revolutionaire Commander has that Special Zoan... When Oda fucks up he just puts special at beginning and fanboys love it.
It was said many times that ligia is natural , how would he make muchi logia , it will be the opposite of what he said , and as i know that the dark matter is proved to be a thing so it is not a nothing , so it is a natural element

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Lmaooooooooo.

Please, delete the thread.

Never was and never will be. He's above average at best. The only reason One Piece sell so many copies is because of good promotion and advertisement mainly in Japan. One Piece is not even half as popular as it is in Japan in comparison to shows like Naruto or Bleach who rocked overseas.

He tries the hardest to fulfill the complete aspect of a shonen manga. He doesn't have that ability to convey absolute dread like Miura, or complicated chess moves like Togashi, or making reader immersed in feelings while reading panels like Inoue Takehiko, or making enigmatic characters like Naoki Urasawa, but he certainly the one mangaka that tries the hardest constantly.

Think he is the best of the long running shonen writters for sure. Far above the ones like Toriyama(DBZ), Kishimoto(Naruto) or Kubo(Bleach), especially in areas like worldbuild, creativity, character design and long storytelling.

But not the best mangaka of all, there are autor of smaller shonens/seinen mangas that have better writting skills like Urasawa(20th Century Boys, Monster, Pluto), Inoue (Slam Dunk, Vagabond), Arakawa (Fullmetal, Gin no Saji) or Yukimura(Vinland Saga, Planets)

Lmaooooooooo.

Please, delete the thread.

Never was and never will be. He's above average at best. The only reason One Piece sell so many copies is because of good promotion and advertisement mainly in Japan. One Piece is not even half as popular as it is in Japan in comparison to shows like Naruto or Bleach who rocked overseas.
One piece popularity is lower than bleach and naruto because of the bad promotion and the worst advertisement ever , you literally said the opposite of the truth 😂 , and the ones say that kubo and kishi better than Oda can’t be treated as humans

IDK about Japanese literature. My scope is limited to Anglo literature and a handful of Romance authors writings.

I will say, purely writing wise, Bleach >>> One Piece.

Deeper meaning. More intricate designs. More set ups
Bleach is deeper meaning ? I swear that the episode of the white city of flevance has deeper meaning than all bleach

Last edited by a moderator:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You know, @Manoomar2000, it’s not just that you refuse to accept any criticism about an author or his work (both of which have so visibly declined over the years that it’s much more nonsensical to argue against that point), you are also an unrepentant asshole to everyone here. I understand most folks who frequent this place don’t have great interpersonal skills and those two things are not unrelated, but you jump down anyone’s throat if they aren’t using it to gargle Oda’s balls. Are you his bastard son or something? Does he have someone you love held at gunpoint? What’s the use in defending a weak position this vigorously??

He tries the hardest to fulfill the complete aspect of a shonen manga. He doesn't have that ability to convey absolute dread like Miura, or complicated chess moves like Togashi, or making reader immersed in feelings while reading panels like Inoue Takehiko, or making enigmatic characters like Naoki Urasawa, but he certainly the one mangaka that tries the hardest constantly.
Actionally he can do all of this , he did all of this , he can make you immersed in feelings while reading every panel , he can make enigmatic characters , dude , he made the best written character in anime or manga industry ( doffy i mean ) you just underestimated him , one piece needed to be read more than one time to fully understand

You know, @Manoomar2000, it’s not just that you refuse to accept any criticism about an author or his work (both of which have so visibly declined over the years that it’s much more nonsensical to argue against that point), you are also an unrepentant asshole to everyone here. I understand most folks who frequent this place don’t have great interpersonal skills and those two things are not unrelated, but you jump down anyone’s throat if they aren’t using it to gargle Oda’s balls. Are you his bastard son or something? Does he have someone you love held at gunpoint? What’s the use in defending a weak position this vigorously??
How i can be polite with assholes ? One just said that one piece is popular because of the advertisement while the truth is that one piece didnt get half of popularity it deserves because the bad advertisement, he is absolutely a hater , why i cant be an asshole with him ?

Think he is the best of the long running shonen writters for sure. Far above the ones like Toriyama(DBZ), Kishimoto(Naruto) or Kubo(Bleach), especially in areas like worldbuild, creativity, character design and long storytelling.

But not the best mangaka of all, there are autor of smaller shonens/seinen mangas that have better writting skills like Urasawa(20th Century Boys, Monster, Pluto), Inoue (Slam Dunk, Vagabond), Arakawa (Fullmetal, Gin no Saji) or Yukimura(Vinland Saga, Planets)
Writing wise One piece is far way better than fullmetal or vinland saga , way way way better , you can’t even compare them to each other

Last edited:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Quantifying what makes anyone best is vague and highly subjective because there is no benchmark regarding such things.

And, comparing mangas to state which mangaka is best is equally worse.

Is oda the best author? Don't know.

Is he one of the best? Perhaps yes ..

Is he perfect author? Definitely no ..one piece has shortcomings which are more visible since Time skip.

But one thing is certain and that's my take on this topic - Oda has been instrumental in inspiring new mangakas which in itself is big deal.

Various aspects of his work and dedication have positive impact on many and to me this definitely places him among the best mangaka. I appreciate his positive traits more than that what he lacks

Quantifying what makes anyone best is vague and highly subjective because there is no benchmark regarding such things.

And, comparing mangas to state which mangaka is best is equally worse.

Is oda the best author? Don't know.

Is he one of the best? Perhaps yes ..

Is he perfect author? Definitely no ..one piece has shortcomings which are more visible since Time skip.

But one thing is certain and that's my take on this topic - Oda has been instrumental in inspiring new mangakas which in itself is big deal.

Various aspects of his work and dedication have positive impact on many and to me this definitely places him among the best mangaka. I appreciate his positive traits more than that what he lacks
Every managaka has flaws , they are humans after all

And wtf when i see a great writer being violated and people forgot his artwork over the years why i cant be angry with them ? You specifically are too lazy to read one piece for the second times to understand the details better and you talk about bastards lol