General & Others Is Oda the best Japanese writer out there?

He wouldn't crack top 50 if not top 100 greatest writers in the world.

He is just a decent writer.

In manga world he might get more recognition.

He lost his touch after the time skip. Pre time skip he was a good writer for manga standards. Right now? Bunch of plot holes which don't seem to get resolved, stupidity in terms of power scaling characters, stupidity in writing characters personalities and stuff and zero logic applied.
You can say that but you cant give examples , most of the post ts are better written than pre (doffy) and the power scaling is great , except kata fight , you can say this shit but you can’t prove it

Do you read stuff besides manga? holy shit :suresure:

Oda is not even the best author when it comes to manga, imagine being the best japanese author overall.
He is the best author among mangaka , so the next level is being the best among all authors
Post automatically merged:

Not sure about that one:kobeha:
Except kata fight i think everything was will balanced

It is not edgy it is the truth
It is the kind of pretentious plot that isn't an example of anything good for any mature people but for the kind of person who would use this as music for an AMV. The moment you are over fifteen and have read literature of actual quality about such political and warlike conflicts, the moment you just can't see Law's childhood as anything but a bunch of melodramatic cliches for teens who didn't understand 1984.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Every managaka has flaws , they are humans after all

And wtf when i see a great writer being violated and people forgot his artwork over the years why i cant be angry with them ? You specifically are too lazy to read one piece for the second times to understand the details better and you talk about bastards lol
I’ve read all of OP many, many more times than you have, I’m certain of it. Again, you’re happy to lap up whatever Oda puts in your bowl, so you wouldn’t know how to discern a dip in quality if it kicked you in the balls.

It is the kind of pretentious plot that isn't an example of anything good for any mature people but for the kind of person who would use this as music for an AMV. The moment you are over fifteen and have read literature of actual quality about such political and warlike conflicts, the moment you just can't see Law's childhood as anything but a bunch of melodramatic cliches for teens who didn't understand 1984.
and you are the one who decided all of this ? 😂

Kaido and Big Mom are not better writting than Cocodile wo had no falshback
Ooh you are from the kids who think that big mom is poorly written because she had a big nose ?

That’s what you say when you don’t understand the story , poor boy , you think that the meaning of law’s story is the genocide ? 😂 of course there is a political meaning of this story but it is bigger than that

Last edited:
In terms of worldbuilding, Oda might be better. He's great there.

In terms of actual storywriting, Togashi shits on Oda. Really no contest.
In terms of storywriting , Oda is better , not by much but he is obviously better

Schindlers List is better written XD
Oh yeah

Where are you big guy , you get lost ?

Oda's not as good as he used to be in my opinion but in terms of worldbuilding he's definitely the best Japanese writer. To write for this length of time and still have so many mysteries is a ridiculous feat.

In terms of creating a story free of PIS, continuous character development, drawing comprehensive battles with a consistent power-system/powerscale, Togashi is better.

The best writer I've ever seen though is SIU, the South Korean writer of Tower of God. He has the worldbuilding skills of Oda, the battle consistency of Togashi and the best character development I've ever witnessed in a manga/manhwa. Literally every character has an interesting backstory and gets their time to shine, even the super side characters; yet the pacing remains solid. Dude is truly talented.

Oda's not as good as he used to be in my opinion but in terms of worldbuilding he's definitely the best Japanese writer. To write for this length of time and still have so many mysteries is a ridiculous feat.
Just looking at your garbage avatar with ace 2.0 one should know not to take you seriously

milking and dragging and filler for almost 3 decades = good

Oda not revealing shit for 3 decades mean he is utter trash and considering his genius record of fake hype you should be a really naive and delusional apologist to think oda will deliver

In terms of storywriting , Oda is better , not by much but he is obviously better
Sigh, you're entitled to your opinion, but unfortunately it's just flat out wrong in this case.

Oda's storywriting is a league below Togashi.

The amount of PIS, inconsistencies, fake-tension, repetitive arc structures etc. in OP paint a clear picture here.

OP is the Harry Potter of mangas. Everyone knows it, it's a fun read, but it's far, far away from actually being a storytelling masterpiece.

Just looking at your garbage avatar with ace 2.0 one should know not to take you seriously

milking and dragging and filler for almost 3 decades = good

Oda not revealing shit for 3 decades mean he is utter trash and considering his genius record of fake hype you should be a really naive and delusional apologist to think oda will deliver
There are many mestries yes , but 90% percent of them are well built for and will foreshadowed and definitely some fans predicted the answer , of course they have iq higher than you

Sigh, you're entitled to your opinion, but unfortunately it's just flat out wrong in this case.

The amount of PIS, inconsistencies, fake-tension, repetitive arc structures etc. in OP paint a clear picture here.

OP is the Harry Potter of mangas. Everyone knows it, it's a fun read, but it's far, far away from actually being a storytelling masterpiece.
One piece is the game of thrones of manga , better than any other rival in terms of everything nearly , surely there is no inconsistencies in one piece , there is no plotholes
Who cares cares for the arc template excepty the emptyheaded fans , for me i care for the actual story , beating the villain at the end is a very minor thing , i care for the much bigger deep stories in every arc more than beating the villain thing

Far away ? 😂 fun to read ? There is people who analyse every single detail and every single panel in one piece and you say fun to read ? Bro, your opinion is pure shit

Last edited: