Questions & Mysteries Is shanks really going to die?

If he does, it won't be by the silly accepted BB theory.

BB already inadvertently killed Ace because Ace underestimated him. You think Shanks and his entire crew would fall the exact same way?

Also think Shanks is another type of antagonist that will be dealt with after Blackbeard. Not necessarily evil, but morally grey. The meeting with the Gorosei already proves that he is willing to discuss internal issues with Genocidal Tenryuubito

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I have long refused to buy into this line of thinking, and even with whatever he was doing at the Reverie - the details of which we still don’t know, to those of y’all talking about him snitching - I don’t know why Oda would kill him off after being the true inspiration for Luffy’s entire journey. Does it make sense narratively? Sure, but lots of things do, and the author has done a pretty effective job over the years making the nonsensical seem plausible AND vice versa. I choose to believe that, until further notice and without serious proof, that Shanks will survive at least long enough to see the kid he gave his straw hat to become king of all pirates.

until now teach don't have a revenge /hate releation with luffy yet.
He just captured ace didn't kill him.
Its really clear in this panel after TS
When jinbe told him about what teach was doing teach luffy didn't care he even gave his back jinbe while eating , but when jinbe told him about akainue luffy put his hand on his chest with angry face.

So maybe shanks dying bu teach is essential to fire luffy against teach
Even considering the bast between shanks and teach.

But i like for oda to suprise us with making teach as mentor to luffy in way by telling him the truth about the D while they fighting and how shanks is wrong etc but luffy will not listin to him cuz he's blinded by his love to shanks

Then later after the defeat of teach luffy meet shanks again but he disocver that teach was right about shanks
Then they start to fight cuz they have different opinion .