Powers & Abilities Is there a way to tell when Sanji is using armament?

Don't forget Oda told us Sanji always had an unnatural great resistance to fire in sbs 105
True
Even more of a reason oda should have given us a upgraded versions of dj after he learned armament to improve his resistance even more
Thats honestly weird ngl lol.

guess oda didnt do his best job
Sadly lol
I was hoping i was wrong and there was some indication i was missing but i guess not
:sanmoji:

I mean the black version of it not the invisible version

I dont think hell memories ever did tbh
Grill shot original did but not in wano

I do think star flame was supposed to be stronger than normal flame. Idk why oda didn't keep it consistent
Actually you have a Crazy good point that i never realised..

The Star Shape DJ is him Using Ryuo.. Wow Sanji can use Ryuo his CoA is pretty good then.. What the hell i never realised that..
:crazwhat::noo::moonwalk:

Pretty much just a question for sanji fans but is there ever any indication of when sanji uses armament haki with his attacks? Either visual queues or even how he names his attacks?

I was tryna skim through a figure out what the indication was and i just cant figure it out. So either i am just straight up missed it which is a possibility lol or there isn't one

We know know their are indications of when luffy and zoro use armament most the time. Tho they don't really say anything when they use basic invisible coating tbf.
Sanji never explicitly showing off hardening in the manga and he obviously would boost his non existence slash attack with it. He doesn't have long range attacks in general to imbue haki with even if he could

Also if interested a sanji attack thread
Like when he faced king they sent coa black lightning streaks everywhere

Post automatically merged:

Honestly same kinda
Most characters in the new world are likely using armament in some way shape or form. At the very least the most basic invisible armament form
Which sanji also likley does

Im not gonna say oda necessarily handled sanji's armament bad but i do think he could have done better

We know durability/toughness allows him to use hotter flames. Ifrit jambe being the main and very obvious example of it when using the exoskeleton + haki
If oda just gave him a diable jambe 2.0 or even 1.5 a little earlier and using haki as the reasoning

At the same time sanji mainly focused on his observation haki alot more than armament during the timeskip. So him only having the basic version of it isn't that bad. Tho if he had hardening he should have definitely gotten a stronger version of diable even before the exo
He did. Reread the clash with Judge or his clash with the kraken. He pulled out secret technique attacks with a different+hotter diable jambe.

One could even argue that hell memories is that dj1.5

Last edited:
As you can see oda sometimes draws the hardening but under the clothes so he surely uses it
I dont disagree that you can use it under clothes i just think if he had it back then he would've had a stronger version of dj out of the timeskip. At the very least showing it with his white suit
Like when he faced king they sent coa black lightning streaks everywhere

Post automatically merged:

He did. Reread the clash with Judge or his clash with the kraken. He pulled out secret technique attacks with a different+hotter diable jambe.

One could even argue that he'll memories is that dj1.5
Yeah i don't deny he can obviously use armament
The star version is far from consistent even with the same attacks

I dont disagree that you can use it under clothes i just think if he had it back then he would've had a stronger version of dj out of the timeskip. At the very least showing it with his white suit

Yeah i don't deny he can obviously use armament
The star version is far from consistent even with the same attacks
Just really depends on his emotions and hm power he wants to use.

Coa hardening is normally used when we see the black lightning

Well, in SBS vol 71 Oda says M3 all have haki + I cannot find the manga panel where Luffy says that only he, Zoro and Sanji can beat a logia sometime early post-TS (maybe Punk Hazard? Not sure).

So I kinda assume Sanji uses it whenever he's getting serious, because visually it's hard to tell and Oda is often quite inconsistent there.

Also @Albino πŸ‘‘ , cool catch on the attacks names! I don't speak French so all those kinda posh cuisine sounding attack names were just lots of nice sounding French words to me, but with the panel evidence you've provided I can see that the naming is quite intentional.

Actually you have a Crazy good point that i never realised..

The Star Shape DJ is him Using Ryuo.. Wow Sanji can use Ryuo his CoA is pretty good then.. What the hell i never realised that..
:crazwhat::noo::moonwalk:
I think you can use armament hardering on your bones and on your skin. Like sanji blocked queen blade with his face without using armament haki but queens subordinates thought that would be haki without they see Black armament hardering so the haki you can use on your bones and on your skin.

can you explain why this is ryou?

as a sanji fan im intrigue
l need to do more research but it's clear that Sanji is molding his Diable Jambe flame into concrete
triangular shape pattern.. That is what the CoA invisible coating around his foot could do.. And the range
of CoA emission is about the same than the DJ flame edges..

l'm also thinking the cutting fire technique from kinemon shows that fire can be cut and touched by Haki..
Actually foxfire style might be a form of internal destruction CoA technique for Swordsmen.. But i'm not sure
there..