General & Others Is this the biggest asspull in the series?

Also, i don't like how much stronger Law got so quickly

He had many chances of beating Doflamingo during Dressrosa, but still got beaten and humilliated. I know its most due to plot, because Luffy should get all the clout, not Law, but its just bad.

Then suddenly blud can beat Big Mom with Kid's help, and fight 2 Younkous, get beaten and come back with ease.. He never even beat someone comparable to a YC, makes no sense.

At least Kid was hinted to have fought Cracker and doing well against him, so you couldn't even tell how strong he actually was, and he had all the rivalry thing with Luffy in Wano ever since Udon..

He had many chances of beating Doflamingo during Dressrosa, but still got beaten and humilliated. I know its most due to plot, because Luffy should get all the clout, not Law, but its just bad.

Then suddenly blud can beat Big Mom with Kid's help, and fight 2 Younkous, get beaten and come back with ease.. He never even beat a YC

At least Kid was hinted to have fought Cracker, so you couldn't even tell how strong he was
I'm pretty sure Smoothie was the one Kidd was hinted to have fought. Cracker and Kata just don't make sense because Kidd doesn't seem to have the AP to hurt the biscuit soldiers when even G3 couldn't.
Anyway Law simply got more skilled with his DF. I mean.. Not much you can say there.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Not really
One Piece, and especially luffy, was always written like that, even in east blue
Like if you look at his fight with crocodile for example he continues to fight despite logically not making sense at all from a biological standpoint
Now you can clap your hands and say "well that was haki/willpower" but thast just made up, you can say power of friendship and it would be the same, people just swallow the former with more gusto

Oda just finds it funny that Luffy eats and stuff meat in his pockets and stuff, personally

This ain't HXH and never was
Hes not talking about the recovery.
Luffy didn't get stronger between him being sent off the roof and him sky splitting

Hes not talking about the recovery.
Luffy didn't get stronger between him being sent off the roof and him sky splitting
I know but Luffy also got stronger between those each 3 crocodile fights despite jobbing and doing nothing in between them
Like I said nothing new

One piece also has a very telegraphed and obvious lack of training arcs, compared to every other shounen beside the Timeskip, if you count that as an arc.
Oda brushed that away with they get stronger from traveling and fighting but we all know that's kinda bs, the characters are just as strong oda at the moment feels like

I'm pretty sure Smoothie was the one Kidd was hinted to have fought. Cracker and Kata just don't make sense because Kidd doesn't seem to have the AP to hurt the biscuit soldiers when even G3 couldn't.
Anyway Law simply got more skilled with his DF. I mean.. Not much you can say there.
It wasn't hinted that Kid got destroyed by one, it was hinted that he entered an Yonkou's territory, which people used to say that its impossible to get out, then overwhelmed a high ranked officer of said Younkou's crew and stole a copy of their poneglyph.
Luffy beat Cracker, then Katakuri (who some say he didn't won, because Katakuri gave up).

How is that comparable to Law getting wrecked by Doflamingo multiple times to the point of losing an arm and almost getting killed, then proceeding to fight 2 Yonkous and help to "beat" Big Mom in a 2vs1?

Oda simply made it look like he didn't stood a chance against Doflamingo.

Insane powercreep here, asspull, doesn't fit the standards for the other Supernovas. Oda didn't handled it well

It wasn't hinted that Kid got destroyed by one, it was hinted that he entered an Yonkou's territory, which people used to say that its impossible to get out, then overwhelmed an high ranked officer of an Younkou's crew and stole a copy of their poneglyph.
Luffy beat Cracker, then Katakuri (who some say he didn't won, because Katakuri gave up).

How is that comparable to Law getting wrecked by Doflamingo multiple times to the point of losing an arm and almost getting killed, then proceeding beating Big Mom in a 2vs1?

Insane powercreep here, asspull, doesn't fit the standards for the other Supernovas. Oda didn't handled it well
One: Honestly who fucking knows lol. He coulda beat up Snack or Oven for all we know.
Two: I'm guessing Law just got his money up after Doffy beat him. What other reason is there for it? He just improved..

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
I know but Luffy also got stronger between those each 3 crocodile fights despite jobbing and doing nothing in between them
Like I said nothing new

One piece also has a very telegraphed and obvious lack of training arcs, compared to every other shounen beside the Timeskip, if you count that as an arc.
Oda brushed that away with they get stronger from traveling and fighting but we all know that's kinda bs, the characters are just as strong oda at the moment feels like
Pushing through with will power is one thing.

But his acoc level was set.
He got sent off the island and ate and it was somehow now able to sky split.
He didn't push himself grow stronger or anything it was just better with no explanation

Pushing through with will power is one thing.

But his acoc level was set.
He got sent off the island and ate and it was somehow now able to sky split.
He didn't push himself grow stronger or anything it was just better with no explanation
I mean you can dislike it or call it asspull I don't really care about that, just saying, like I demonstrated, its nothing new even if you compare it to the early parts of pre-ts one piece-

The situation in question being a ACoC sky split is visually and powerlevel wise more of a big deal I guess, but conceptually its exactly whats happening since the first 5 years of the story

The powerlevels might escalated but its the same principal underlying. You can argue Oda has not shown enough of luffys mental state and didn't show how he pushed to that level with "will" or I guess but even in that case I would not say this is remotely close to the biggest asspull in one piece, which @L57 said it was

One: Honestly who fucking knows lol. He coulda beat up Snack or Oven for all we know.
Two: I'm guessing Law just got his money up after Doffy beat him. What other reason is there for it? He just improved..
One thing is struggling against a strong enemy

Another thing is trying your best to beat said enemy, and still lose.

Then proceed to fight and beat much stronger opponents without looking like you're struggling just as much.

At that point, nobody could say how strong Kid was. Luffy had fought and beat Doflamingo (with help, but he did overwhelmed anything Doflamingo tried to do at some point), then fighting Cracker (with help, but that is post Doflamingo Luffy, and he still struggled and had a lil bit of help), then he fights Katakuri, gets a Haki bloom, manages to fight Katakuri in equal terms and (supposedly) wins the fight. That is way ahead of how strong Oda made Law look like.

Since you're a Sanji fan (:suresure:), imagine Sanji having the opportunity to fight Doflamingo multiple times, learning all his moves and abilities (actually Law already knew that previously), but he still gets beaten everytime and loses a leg. Then a few arcs later, without doing anything worthy strengthwise, he is on the rooftop fighting two Younkous without much problems, despite struggling, then helping to beat one of them in a 2vs1.

It simply doesn't fit. Oda should've gave Law a Commander level opponent to make us feel like he has the potential.

I could even bring up Zoro, who is a Supernova, he didn't beat anyone worthy of praise like a Commander level character up until Wano, but he got a power up supposed to boost his AP and train his Armament Haki, and went to the rooftop, gave the best he could post-timeskip using Enma and showed Conqueror's Haki, then he fought King, he struggled, got better control of Enma and then got CoC coating, and then beat King in a 1vs1 who has a bounty considerably above 1 Bi. This is an example of an actual strength progression.

What did Law got? Blud simply got much stronger due to getting beaten multiple times in the worst ways possible?

Then proceed to fight and beat much stronger opponents without looking like you're struggling just as much.

At that point, nobody could say how strong Kid was. Luffy had fought and beat Doflamingo (with help, but he did overwhelmed anything Doflamingo tried to do at some point), then fighting Cracker (with help, but that is post Doflamingo Luffy, and he still struggled and had a lil bit of help), then he fights Katakuri, gets a Haki bloom, manages to fight Katakuri in equal terms and (supposedly) wins the fight. That is way ahead of how strong Oda made Law look like.

Since you're a Sanji fan (:suresure:), imagine Sanji having the opportunity to fight Doflamingo multiple times, learning all his moves and abilities (actually Law already knew that previously), but he still gets beaten everytime and loses a leg. Then a few arcs later, without doing anything worthy strengthwise, he is on the rooftop fighting two Younkous without much problems, despite struggling, then helping to beat one of them in a 2vs1.

It simply doesn't fit. Oda should've gave Law a Commander level opponent to make us feel like he has the potential.

I could even bring up Zoro, who is a Supernova, he didn't beat anyone worthy of praise such a Commander up until Wano, but he got a power up supposed to boost his AP and train his Armament Haki, and went to the rooftop, gave his best post-timeskip and showed Conqueror's Haki, then he fought King, he struggled, got better control of Enma and then got CoC coating, and then beat King in a 1vs1 who has a bounty considerably above 1 Bi. This is an example of an actual strength progression.

What did Law got? Blud simply got stronger due to getting beaten multiple times in the worst ways possible?
Funny enough the Sanji comparison is kind of ironic since Sanji got clapped by Doflamingo despite using his best moves and two/three arcs later he clashed with someone stronger than Doflamingo with those same moves

I could even bring up Zoro, who is a Supernova, he didn't beat anyone worthy of praise like a Commander level character up until Wano, but he got a power up supposed to boost his AP and train his Armament Haki, and went to the rooftop, gave the best he could post-timeskip using Enma and showed Conqueror's Haki, then he fought King, he struggled, got better control of Enma and then got CoC coating, and then beat King in a 1vs1 who has a bounty considerably above 1 Bi. This is an example of an actual strength progression.

What did Law got? Blud simply got much stronger due to getting beaten multiple times in the worst ways possible?
Im surprised you are not bringing up that Law dedicated his life to offing Mingo but hadn't even whiffed awakening and by wano he demonstrated arguably better mastery of awakening than we have ever seen in the series till this day out of pocket :gokulaugh:

That is also nothing new btw.

This is why I don't really care or invest in discussion about characters power level in the past or in the future.
Only the now matters in one piece. For all we know kidd might come back but even weaker cause oda doesn't like him

Im surprised you are not bringing up that Law dedicates his life to offing Mingo but hadn't even whiffed awakening and by wano he demonstrated arguably better mastery of awakening than we ever seen in the series till this day out of pocket :gokulaugh:

That is also nothing new btw.

This is why I don't really care or invest in discussion about characters power level in the past or in the future.
Only the now matters in one piece. For all we know kidd might come back but even weaker cause oda doesn't like him
Tbf Doffy was playing dirty in both rounds of their fight

Funny enough the Sanji comparison is kind of ironic since Sanji got clapped by Doflamingo despite using his best moves
Now you're just lying

You're actually gonna compare Law vs Doflamingo with Sanji vs Doflamingo?

Law literally had multiple chances against Doflamingo, Sanji had 1, he got his strength acknowledged in their first clash, and at that point Doflamingo had already fought Law and got the best out of him prior to fighting Sanji in mid air, where he was the strongest according to Law himself.

You might even say that Sanji would be beaten by Doffy in Dressrosa regardless of anything, but you couldn't tell how far he would go and how good he would do if Sanji had the same chances and the same knowledged about Doflamingo's abilities like Law did. Thats the main problem here, one leaves up a question, the other makes the audience be sure of something.

later he clashed with someone stronger than Doflamingo with those same moves
Just lying for fun

Sanji literally just Poele a Friere against Doflamingo, he used that once in fishman island against fodder. Same move got acknowledged by Doflamingo who instantly used "Parasite" to stop Sanji.

After that, Poele a Frire was never used again against Commander level character. Sanji only tried using that against Judge, who cheated in the middle of the fight, making Sanji give up at fighting him.

Basically, Sanji never used that move a third time, all the moves he used in WCI weren't even used through the whole Wano arc.

And he fought and beat Queen with a power up, he didn't beat Big Mom or Kaido in a 2vs1. Thats the 2nd main problem with Law's powercreep.

Now you're just lying

You're actually gonna compare Law vs Doflamingo with Sanji vs Doflamingo?

Law literally had multiple chances against Doflamingo, Sanji had 1, he got his strength acknowledged in their first clash, and at that point Doflamingo had already fought Law and got the best out of him prior to fighting Sanji in mid air, where he was the strongest according to Law himself.

You might even say that Sanji would be beaten by Doffy in Dressrosa regardless of anything, but you couldn't tell how far he would go and how good he would do if Sanji had the same chances and the same knowledged about Doflamingo's abilities like Law did. Thats the main problem here, one leaves up a question, the other makes the audience be sure of something.

Just lying for fun

Sanji literally just Poele a Friere against Doflamingo, he used that once in fishman island against fodder. Same move got acknowledged by Doflamingo who instantly used "Parasite" to stop Sanji.

After that, Poele a Frire was never used again against Commander level character. Sanji only tried using that against Judge, who cheated in the middle of the fight, making Sanji give up at fighting him.

Basically, Sanji never used that move a third time, all the moves he used in WCI weren't even used through the whole Wano arc.

And he fought and beat Queen with a power up, he didn't beat Big Mom or Kaido in a 2vs1. Thats the 2nd main problem with Law's powercreep.

Tbf Doffy was playing dirty in both rounds of their fight
Sure but the point still stands that
Remember, it was a plot point that Law did know everything about Doffy, yet he didn't even mention awakening because he didn't even knew. Same when he says he learned in wano to counter DF with Haki.

So the jump to current law, which like I said arguably has demonstrated the best mastery over awakening of his complicated fruit, to than is really fucking funny :gokulaugh:Expect more such things depending on oda mood and how much he likes the character
My prime suspect is propally croco

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Then suddenly blud can beat Big Mom with Kid's help, and fight 2 Younkous, get beaten and come back with ease.. He never even beat someone comparable to a YC, makes no sense.

At least Kid was hinted to have fought Cracker and doing well against him, so you couldn't even tell how strong he actually was, and he had all the rivalry thing with Luffy in Wano ever since Udon..
Or you misjudged Doflamingo's level.

Mink cum high is what allowed Zoro to unlock ACoC
:goyea: