Character Discussion Is Yamato a male or female?

Is Yamato a male or female?

• Total voters
The way I see it, Yamato isn't really trans, but if tomorrow Oda came out and explicitly stated that she's actually trans, then I would respect that.

Based on some of these comments, though, it's clear there's a bunch of edgelords in here that would still cry about it. I bet we'd see losers making "DID SJWS RUIN ONE PIECE?" videos really soon to try and cope.

Thing is, it's hard to say that Yamato is male since it's not a transgender thing imo, but rather towards a specific character. If Kozuki Oden was born biologically a girl and was Kozuki Sukiyaki's daughter, would Yamato still be calling herself a man and would it still make sense?

In the Wano Arc, i believe the only one who is confirmed to be transgender is Kiku, who is born a male but is a girl at heart and also refers herself and addresses herself as such.

Yamato is acting like a male because that is what Oden would have done, i.e going to the men's bath etc. And Yamato wants to be like Oden.

She's a woman who's mentally retarded into thinking she's Oden
One of the worst things Oda did in wano was making Yamato retarded like this

She's not an okama or like kiku

Yamato is female...she is not even like Kiku who we can say is transgender. Yamato just pretends to be boy because Oden is male.
I don't think she's just pretending to be a man. Her reaction when she saw General Franky was genuine. She calls herself a man, she acts like a man, she feels like a man, and she uses the men's bathroom. The only thing that could top that would be a gender reassignment by Ivankov. Even so, I will continue to refer to Yamato as a woman because I see a woman. Unfortunately, from now on you will always be insulted if you do that. We will have this debate until the end of the manga and beyond.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Yamato- calls herself a woman and Kaido's daughter but wants to be Oden who is man. Nothing to do with gender

Kiku- buy own words is a man with the heart of a woman. No one ever drew attention to it and no one cares. Nami and other females don't mind Kiku in the slightest.

Izo- likes feminine things but it's unknown if he's gay, transgender cause it doesn't matter. It was never brought up once and most readers don't even think about it.

Okamas- outspoken and proud, not giving a shit about what others think and just lives their lives happily. A form of narrative freedom in One Piece.

Some readers? Take this shit so seriously that it consumes their lives...

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Yamato- calls herself a woman and Kaido's daughter but wants to be Oden who is man. Nothing to do with gender

Kiku- buy own words is a man with the heart of a woman. No one ever drew attention to it and no one cares. Nami and other females don't mind Kiku in the slightest.

Izo- likes feminine things but it's unknown if he's gay, transgender cause it doesn't matter. It was never brought up once and most readers don't even think about it.

Okamas- outspoken and proud, not giving a shit about what others think and just lives their lives happily. A form of narrative freedom in One Piece.

Some readers? Take this shit so seriously that it consumes their lives...
The wisdom in this post...

I don't think she's just pretending to be a man. Her reaction when she saw General Franky was genuine. She calls herself a man, she acts like a man, she feels like a man, and she uses the men's bathroom. The only thing that could top that would be a gender reassignment by Ivankov. Even so, I will continue to refer to Yamato as a woman because I see a woman. Unfortunately, from now on you will always be insulted if you do that. We will have this debate until the end of the manga and beyond.
Her life is literally been through Oden's eyes. All her admirations are tom boyish because of that...she doesn't want to be a boy unlike Kiku who wants to be one....In a way she is like Kyuubei from Gintama(hers is more extreme though since she was brought up like boy)

I think some people here need to visit the kindergarden again to get the most basic biology knowledge together…
Dinosaurs never went extinct, there are more than three states of matter, millions of people aren't XX nor XY and basic science knowledge that you learn in kindergarden is, surprise, basic and rarely accurate for grown ups science.

Seriously, the world is complex as hell. Your "basic biology knowledge from kindergarden" is just a surface that more usually than not is inaccurate or plainly wrong because it isn't meant to be definitive knowledge but to settle some basics that you're supposed to enrich and nuance as you grow up and learn more. If you stuck to what you learned at kindergarden then you've failed.