Fanclub Islam Group

Sign me up.
Assalamoalaikum to all you brothers and sisters out there and Eid Mubarak (we will have Eid tomorrow).

I was reading some of the previous comments and debates and I would like to give my two cents on something related to the topics.

If we say that the universe has a beginning (a point of start in time) and it started from a single point (atom or whatever you want to call it) of matter so where did this matter come from. Was it always there? If it was then why did it transform into this universe and how did it determine that the starting point was the right starting point. From recent scientific discoveries we have learned that the universe is expanding (hope somebody can explain this more clearly). But if the universe is expanding then that means that it is somehow occupying more space. Now where did this extra space come from, was it always there and the universe will at one point occupy the whole of this space or is this extra space infinite and the universe will keep on expanding indefinitely. So the easiest and most logical explanation for me is that the universe is a creation (it did not exist before a specific time, it is not absolute/perfect and since it is not absolute or perfect it cannot be God). God created the universe (the exact mechanism and process can be whatever it may be but the universe could not have created itself). The following can be found in different places in the Quran that the being that created the universe is the One and Only Allah who is free from time and space and all these other constraints and is absolute in His (God has no gender but using He/His etc is the norm) attributes. He is limitless and unbound, He has no beginning and no end. He is everywhere (he is not restricted by the dimensions that we are restricted by or know of).

The second thing that I want to say is something that I heard from Dr. Zakir Naik (idk how he is viewed elsewhere) and that is the unjust concept of Karma. People generally believe (the actual concept maybe different) that Karma is a person getting rewarded or punished in this lifetime for their deeds. It may even seem to happen in front of you but it does not cover the aspect when you do something that has far reaching effects or it affects things on a massive scale. And let me use the same example that Dr. Zakir Naik did which was that if you kill a person then by karma you should or will also be killed/hanged/executed (one life for another). But what happens when you kill two people or three people or a thousand, in the end you can only be killed once so how will it balance the equation, what will your retribution for the other 999 murders be? Hence if there is a God and there is the possibility of a person not being rewarded or punished proportionate to their deeds then there must be an afterlife (Heaven and Hell).

I will add another point when I get more time to this post.