Current Events It's confirmed, Wano won't be easy victory for Luffy side

Credits to Greg himself:
Greg:

Folks.
...folks.
Unless Oda breaks his own rules (which I'd love for him to do) and sacred rules of shonen action (also love to see it) and the fundamental element of any heroic story, you ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to what Kaido's side offers.

"But it seems like the Strawhats are winning!"

Congratulations Oda. You fooled another. No. That is not how these work. I told my YouTube followers way back, I was baffled how Oda could balance this in Kaido's favor. I still am. Well...I have a few ideas but! The point is...

It's going to turn in Kaido's favor. It *has* to. If it doesn't, Luffy's victory is hollow. They simply steam-rolled through this impossible force. And that aside, that's just not how you tell a story. Or a good one at least. Think about every victory Luffy has had.

It was ALWAYS when the odds against him and the stakes were at their highest. Even when they one-shotted the entire New Fishman Pirate Crew, the threat of Noah loomed.

Something will occur that turns the odds against the alliance.

Forget that we haven't seen Awakened King, Queen, and Jack. We haven't seen Awakened *Kaido*. Or even if any of the Tobiroppo can do it.

The Numbers are all muscle. They're the reason the common folk can't stand against Kaido. They can be used as a wall to hold back fodder, and also a benchmark for the advcncement of our crew.

No, I don't believe this will be an easy victory. I don't know if it will be the euphoric 1v1 paradise I once dreamed of, but the alliance will not cruise to victory. And anyone who acts surprised when the tables turn, well... Read more One Piece??

If it's five acts, I see this plan ending in defeat but forcing Kaido to move to the capital. But for that to happen, the crew must pick themselves up and move there. If that happens, Oda has a lot of momentum to rebuild. If he was taking his sweet time, I wouldn't doubt it.

Question by a Fan to Greg: Do you think there's any chance for a character from the alliance side to die or the promised big party at the end cancel the possibility of it happening? Rereading Wano I found what could be a loophole for Oda to use in case of "present" deaths, but idk.

Greg's Answer: Yes, I've been saying this forever (^○^)

Source:

Last edited:
Credits to Greg himself:
Greg:

Folks.
...folks.
Unless Oda breaks his own rules (which I'd love for him to do) and sacred rules of shonen action (also love to see it) and the fundamental element of any heroic story, you ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to what Kaido's side offers.

"But it seems like the Strawhats are winning!"

Congratulations Oda. You fooled another. No. That is not how these work. I told my YouTube followers way back, I was baffled how Oda could balance this in Kaido's favor. I still am. Well...I have a few ideas but! The point is...

It's going to turn in Kaido's favor. It *has* to. If it doesn't, Luffy's victory is hollow. They simply steam-rolled through this impossible force. And that aside, that's just not how you tell a story. Or a good one at least. Think about every victory Luffy has had.

It was ALWAYS when the odds against him and the stakes were at their highest. Even when they one-shotted the entire New Fishman Pirate Crew, the threat of Noah loomed.

Something will occur that turns the odds against the alliance.

Forget that we haven't seen Awakened King, Queen, and Jack. We haven't seen Awakened *Kaido*. Or even if any of the Tobiroppo can do it.

The Numbers are all muscle. They're the reason the common folk can't stand against Kaido. They can be used as a wall to hold back fodder, and also a benchmark for the advcncement of our crew.

No, I don't believe this will be an easy victory. I don't know if it will be the euphoric 1v1 paradise I once dreamed of, but the alliance will not cruise to victory. And anyone who acts surprised when the tables turn, well... Read more One Piece??

If it's five acts, I see this plan ending in defeat but forcing Kaido to move to the capital. But for that to happen, the crew must pick themselves up and move there. If that happens, Oda has a lot of momentum to rebuild. If he was taking his sweet time, I wouldn't doubt it.

Question by a Fan to Greg: Do you think there's any chance for a character from the alliance side to die or the promised big party at the end cancel the possibility of it happening? Rereading Wano I found what could be a loophole for Oda to use in case of "present" deaths, but idk.

Greg's Answer: Yes, I've been saying this forever (^○^)

Source:
No shit? Wait who thought luffy was winning even before this chapter?

Oda is teasing a Zoro flashback connecting him to the Shimotsuki. In addition, an Ace flashback in Wano is clearly being built up.

Act 3 already has a major FB and I can't picture Oda throwing another one in the middle of the climax.

Honestly, I have no idea how this arc is gonna end. Oda literally fooled us into believing that Luffy would save Ace. The straw hats might win that one but BB clearly has a connection to the Rocks pirates and God knows what he is plotting.

Its unlikely but the worst outcome would be Teach coming to Wano and being able to form an alliance with BM, Kaidu, and Weebil thus completely reviving the Rocks pirates.

Ah yes everytime Oden gets mentioned kaido freezes :josad:, except all those other times he didnt but no matter :steef:
Honestly, thats the only way i can see it go. I just want wano to be over ;-;
I'm seriously keeping my expectations so low. I can see Oda pulling wild shit to justify having Kaido defeated.

Like, he's so obsessed with Oden where i can see Zoro charging at him with Enma will trigger such a moment and cause him to be gravely wounded or even defeated.

I feel like Oda will do something to somewhat give Oden a major role in Kaido's defeat.

I'm seriously keeping my expectations so low. I can see Oda pulling wild shit to justify having Kaido defeated.

Like, he's so obsessed with Oden where i can see Zoro charging at him with Enma will trigger such a moment and cause him to be gravely wounded or even defeated.

I feel like Oda will do something to somewhat give Oden a major role in Kaido's defeat.
You can count on it man, one piece is all about carrying wills and dreams,etc. Im just sticking around to know what the OP is then im bouncing lmao. Good thing is, Oda said its gonna be in 3-4 years.
Post automatically merged:

Oda is teasing a Zoro flashback connecting him to the Shimotsuki. In addition, an Ace flashback in Wano is clearly being built up.

Act 3 already has a major FB and I can't picture Oda throwing another one in the middle of the climax.

Honestly, I have no idea how this arc is gonna end. Oda literally fooled us into believing that Luffy would save Ace. The straw hats might win that one but BB clearly has a connection to the Rocks pirates and God knows what he is plotting.

Its unlikely but the worst outcome would be Teach coming to Wano and being able to form an alliance with BM, Kaidu, and Weebil thus completely reviving the Rocks pirates.
There are too many unsolved plot threads and new ones popping up for this rocks stuff to end here tbh.

You can count on it man, one piece is all about carrying wills and dreams,etc. Im just sticking around to know what the OP is then im bouncing lmao. Good thing is, Oda said its gonna be in 3-4 years.
Post automatically merged:

There are too many unsolved plot threads and new ones popping up for this rocks stuff to end here tbh.
I will wait for Post Wano tbh. I don't have any emotional interest in this arc, its internal issues nor the villains. This arc stands in the way for me to see characters who I've been waiting for a very long time (Admirals/Blackbeard/Dragon etc), but i won't be delusional enough to expect a total change in writing when the most anticipated arc so far has been a major disappointment ( in my opinion at least).

Oda was busy hyping the shit out of Wano since PH, then when the battle is about to start, he talks about drawing a war much bigger then Wano after it's all done. So much empty wank.

The fact that kaido negged him casually while drunk and while luffy was going all out should be an indicator that he wont. This isnt fairy tail.
To be fair, Crocodile, Lucci and hell, even Moria all made an absolute fool of Luffy in their first confrontations before they all got their arses kicked by him within the arc. So, the negging is not really saying much considering how Oda has previously rolled.

To be fair, Crocodile, Lucci and hell, even Moria all made an absolute fool of Luffy in their first confrontations before they all got their arses kicked by him within the arc. So, the negging is not really saying much considering how Oda rolls.
Yes but, Croc was weaker physically than luffy, lucci was about on par, just a bit stronger and base luffy made him bleed and forced him into hybrid and lucci did not one shot him, at all. Luffy was fine and dandy, just stuck between buildings. Moriah used his fruit. Kaido overwhelmed him at his forte, physical strength, and to an extreme degree. Thats the difference.

I hope so because things still look too easy for the Straw Hats and underwhelming at how Kaido, Big Mom and the Calamities and F6 are used so far. Nor that I think that the final battle will happen on Onigashima.

I hope so because things still look too easy for the Straw Hats and underwhelming at how Kaido, Big Mom and the Calamities and F6 are used so far. Nor that I think that the final battle will happen on Onigashima.
Dude Kaido is just standing there like some final boss, when he can clearly deal with the people at the dome, oda is dragging this out till chapter 1000, thats when the alliance will lose imo. Look at how he's moving BM away, have Kaido just stand there and do nothing,etc
Kaido and BM have been nothing but passive this entire raid or Plot moved away.