Powers & Abilities It's seems like Sanji have Conqueror's Haki before the timeskip but we forgot about it because......

Did Sanji used CoC here?

• Total voters
well, he might have the potential, but he's not gonna awaken it in wano
oda made it clear that this arc is about the leaders of the new generation which have been decided in luffy, zoro and kidd, those three conquerors will be the focus of this arc.
Post automatically merged:

that's not it
nami had the same reaction to arlong declaring he'll make her his follower forever.

What about this.
Arlong looks pretty concerned about his glare...
That also could be the case, despite that CoC hints are usually shown against much weaker characters than the one showing it, in that case i think character traits gets more focus cuz they are what end up impressing stronger people, and not scaring them by looking

Last edited:
The Absalom dark shading is most likely just an artistic affect to show he's invisible using the Clear Clear fruit. Because the original manga is black and white, Oda has to make it look different than normal to make the distinction for the readers.

And Oda has used the reverse black shading and white lines effect for many different occasions, its not limited to just CoC showing. This effect was also used to the reactions of when Squard stabbed Whitebeard, a scene where clearly no one used or showed CoC.

That also could be the case, despite that CoC hints are usually shown against much weaker characters than the one showing it, in that case i think character traits gets more focus cuz they are what end up impressing stronger people, and not scaring them by looking
I think it's just a glare, and we're overthinking it.
If Sanji gets CoC in the future, it's definitely not because of this "glare" SFX logic + reaction.
It would be because he, as a character, is fit to have it.