Versus Battle Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones) vs Boromir (LOTR)

Who will win ?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
wow
robert looked so shitty in the show
perhaps cause he was out of his prime
from your description they should have chose a bigger actor
It's worse when you realize Renly Baratheon is considered to look like a young Robert. I think the casting was fine tho.

I think this is the book-official art work from A World of Ice and fire. Dude was just massive

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Is Jaqen H'ghar in books as good as he is in the show? One of the most underrated guys out there.
As a fighter? I got no idea, Faceless men don't really get into fights. I know he's less prominent in the books. In the show he's basically the whole order of Faceless Men.
Post automatically merged:

I can't remember too much more from Boromir. I'm sure @Natalija can weigh in for him though

Z
Jaime's skills are being underestimated badly in this thread. He's easily the strongest knight at the start of the Game of Thrones novel up until half way through the Storm of Swords novel and is one of the strongest knights of all time in the history of Westeros.

Jaime said:
"I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right."
Jaime was taught by one of the greatest knights in the history, Ser Arthur Dayne. But even before Jaime was taught by Arthur, he was clearly a prodigy. He won a tourney melee at the age of 13, a 13 year old little boy is beating up a bunch of grown men, that's an insane feat.

Jaime's next crazy feat is being able to cross blades at such a young age with a swordsman as talented and dangerous as the Smiling Knight. Now that's enough of Jaime's hype before the story takes place, let's look at his feats in the actual story because they are even more impressive.

Let's start with Whispering Wood, where Jaime was defeated and captured. We'll start with the obvious fact that it was Tywin's fault that jaime was ambushed and not Jaime's fault. With that out of the way, let's take a closer look at the actual battle, because Jaime was an unstoppable killing machine. Despite being caught off guard due to Tywin's fuck up, and vastly outnumbered, this is what Jaime did:

Glover/Robb/Catelyn/Theon said:
Robb looked away into the woods, with the same brooding look that Ned often got. “He . . . he killed them . . . ” “

Lord Karstark’s sons,” Galbart Glover explained. “Both of them,” said Robb. “Torrhen and Eddard. And Daryn Hornwood as well.” “No one can fault Lannister on his courage,” Glover said. “When he saw that he was lost, he rallied his retainers and fought his way up the valley, hoping to reach Lord Robb and cut him down. And almost did.”

“He mislaid his sword in Eddard Karstark’s neck, after he took Torrhen’s hand off and split Daryn Hornwood’s skull open,” Robb said. “All the time he was shouting for me. If they hadn’t tried to stop him—” “

—I should then be mourning in place of Lord Karstark,” Catelyn said. “Your men did what they were sworn to do, Robb. They died protecting their liege lord. Grieve for them. Honor them for their valor. But not now. You have no time for grief. You may have lopped the head off the snake, but three quarters of the body is still coiled around my father’s castle. We have won a battle, not a war.”

“But such a battle!” said Theon Greyjoy eagerly. “My lady, the realm has not seen such a victory since the Field of Fire. I vow, the Lannisters lost ten men for every one of ours that fell. We’ve taken close to a hundred knights captive, and a dozen lords bannermen. Lord Westerling, Lord Banefort, Ser Garth Greenfield, Lord Estren, Ser Tytos Brax, Mallor the Dornishman . . . and three Lannisters besides Jaime, Lord Tywin’s own nephews, two of his sister’s sons and one of his dead brother’s . . . ”
Theon's quote makes it clear just how outnumbered Jaime's forces were, and he was caught off guard. Fespite those huge setbacks, Jaime Lannister managed to killed Torrhen Karstark, Eddard Karstark, and Daryn Hornwood instantly. And these aren't random fodder, these are highborn men that have been training in the art of swordsmanship and war since they learned how to walk, as is the custom of all highborn men. And Jaime was also about to kill Robb Stark and single handily win the entire war between Houses Stark and Lannister until his sword got stuck.

Jaime almost won a 4 versus 1 fight without getting a scratch and somehow there is a debate about where he ranks in the Westeros hierarchy? Garlen Tyrell's training with two people at the same time looks like child's play compared to this. Robert Baratheon suffered such deep injuries from merely only fighting one man (Rhaegar Targaryen) that he was unable to join Eddard Stark when he initially went to Kings Landing. The Mountain lost his only 1v1 fight that we have seen in the series. Meanwhile literally nobody can touch Jaime or even injure him, he just continues cutting through people like carving a cake. The dude was literally just slicing through Stark men like it was child's play. Robb Stark was so scared of Jaime that he was literally stuttering like a bitch when he was trying to explain to his mom what happened, absolutely embarrassing.

In Clash of Kings, Tyrion comes up with a plan to help Jaime escape, and then we discover that Jaime has killed Poul Pemford, Myles, and injured Delp. Once again, Jaime is taking on multiple opponents and completely embarrassing everyone. This is after spending months as a captive and being unable to train with a sword. Another extremely impressive feat.

In Storm of Swords, Jaime is malnourished, chained at the wrists, and hasn't practiced with a sword for an extremely long time and is able to keep up with Brienne for a while until he gets tired, that's an extremely impressive feat. And what's even more impressive is Brienne's quote after said fight:

Brienne said:
He was weak from imprisonment, and chained at the wrists. No knight in the Seven Kingdoms could have stood against him at his full strength, with no chains to hamper him. Jaime had done many wicked things, but the man could fight! His maiming had been monstrously cruel. It was one thing to slay a lion, another to hack his paw off and leave him broken and bewildered.

The good sis herself says that no knight in the seven kingdoms can stand up to a Prime Jaime. Now one might ask, what makes Brienne a credible source of info? Well for starters, she's a skilled warrior herself. She's also seen countless amount of fighters in her life time, especially since she has participated and ended up winning a tourney melee that featured the best knights from the Reach and Stormlands in a Clash of Kings. There is really no reason to doubt Brienne's words.

But if you still want to doubt me, then let's look at what another credible source has to say about Jaime's combat abilities:

Ser Barristan said:
Black as maester’s ink he was, but fast and strong, the best natural swordsman Selmy had seen since Jaime Lannister.
I really hope that I don't have to explain why someone as old, experienced, and talented as Ser Barristan is a credible source when it comes to swordsmanship? Good.

Jaime Lannister has the best portrayal and feats out of any knight in the history of the Seven Kingdoms. The lion bows to nothing and no one. The author has went out of his way to make this painfully clear on numerous occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The young Lion has to fight Ned Stark doppelganger.

No valyrian sword involved and armors and swords for both.

Round 1 : Movies/TV Show versions

Round 2 : Book versions

Tags : @Natalija @Buusatan94 @TheAncientCenturion @Owl Ki @HA001 @Admiral Lee Hung @Just a member @dirtyLarry @Robin swan @Nidai_Kitetsu @Desolate Smaug etc
This is an interesting one. While Jaime is/was an asshat he still a pretty competent Swordsman. One of the best before he lost his arm. Boromir though is still a great fighter. I can see him just barely getting the win given he was capable of taking out a platoon or two of orks. That was a crazy feat even by LoTR standards.

By the you should make a Bolg vs Azog...a son vs father fight.

Probably Boromir. Boromir's best feat in the books is his last stand, he took alone "dozens" of isengard uruks. He alone vs an army. Jaime on the other hand is a great warrior but I don't see him pulling this.

So in a fight between them if Jamie's skills are somewhat superior to Boromir (and this is doubtfull since if Jaime gets the hype of best or one of the best in the 7 kingdoms Boromir gets the hype as strongest warrior in Gondor before Aragorn returns) and he can win before the fight is dragged on too much this is Jaime chance at victory, if not then Boromir can most likely outlast him in stamina and win in the end. Tolkien main characters are after all great heroes in an high fantasy world capable of doing superhuman feats you heard of only in legends (Boromir last fight, Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas run after the uruks) while Martin characters are set in a different kind of world and story, they are not extraordinary heroes but very talented men but still in the realm of human possibilities.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The young Lion has to fight Ned Stark doppelganger.

No valyrian sword involved and armors and swords for both.

Round 1 : Movies/TV Show versions

Round 2 : Book versions

Tags : @Natalija @Buusatan94 @TheAncientCenturion @Owl Ki @HA001 @Admiral Lee Hung @Just a member @dirtyLarry @Robin swan @Nidai_Kitetsu @Desolate Smaug etc
Boromir and this is not even close.

Uruk Hai were lucky that Boromir was caught by the arrows.

Boromir was a little weaker ( little is small here ) than Aragorn.

Don't get me started on anything Dothraki related. GRRM made them stupidly strong for the dumbest reasons.

Any competent knight would take Drogo down.

I'm of the opinion Young Robert Baratheon is. He's described as a massive man, not quite Mountain Levels, but a born warrior. He wielded a war hammer so massive even Ned Stark could barely hold it. He's too big, too skilled and too menacing for most characters to get through. Rhaegar Targaryen wasn't a bad fighter either, having unlanced Barristan Selmy at the Tourney of Harrenhal after 11 lances were broken on each other's shields.

It's either Bobby B, Dayne or Aemon Dragonknight as the top fighter. The latter most is a Targaryen who was known as a capable bodyguard and fighter during the later Dornish wars. He's basically a lot of hype and IMO is just what someone like Arthur Dayne would be in a century—his accomplishments blown out of proportion.
There is also Cregan Stark the Old Man in the North that Aemon himself described as the best swordsman he knows despite Cregan being older than him. Cregan was such a badass that even Targaryens were impressed or intimidated by him.

There is also Gerold Hightower who was the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard during Aerys II and that Jaime himself had a mix of admiration and envy for his skills, and Tygett Lannister Tywin's second brother who was said to be an exceptionnal warrior with his sister Genna saying that Jaime is comparable to his uncle as a fighter.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Don't get me started on anything Dothraki related. GRRM made them stupidly strong for the dumbest reasons.

I'm of the opinion Young Robert Baratheon is. He's described as a massive man, not quite Mountain Levels, but a born warrior. He wielded a war hammer so massive even Ned Stark could barely hold it. He's too big, too skilled and too menacing for most characters to get through. Rhaegar Targaryen wasn't a bad fighter either, having unlanced Barristan Selmy at the Tourney of Harrenhal after 11 lances were broken on each other's shields.

It's either Bobby B, Dayne or Aemon Dragonknight as the top fighter. The latter most is a Targaryen who was known as a capable bodyguard and fighter during the later Dornish wars. He's basically a lot of hype and IMO is just what someone like Arthur Dayne would be in a century—his accomplishments blown out of proportion.
Daemon Blackfyre is also hyped to be a top class monster and potential goat.

Yeah Robert is pure might and was extremely strong but Rhaegar even if he was good was not a real warrior, he was a great tournament guy but that's it. He could obviously fight well but Rheagar for me was never portrayed as a monster warrior.

About the thread I think the mighty warriors in LOTR are a bit better than the GOT ones. But Jaime is quite the monster too. This won't be an easy fight for anyone here, not a stomp, but I think Boromir can do it.

Daemon Blackfyre is also hyped to be a top class monster and potential goat.

Yeah Robert is pure might and was extremely strong but Rhaegar even if he was good was not a real warrior, he was a great tournament guy but that's it. He could obviously fight well but Rheagar for me was never portrayed as a monster warrior.

About the thread I think the mighty warriors in LOTR are a bit better than the GOT ones. But Jaime is quite the monster too. This won't be an easy fight for anyone here, not a stomp, but I think Boromir can do it.
Rhaegar wasn't strong, same with Mountain who losed to Loras Tyrell.
Strongest are:
1. Arthur Dayne;
2. Khal Drogo;
3. Barristan Selmy
While then you could put Jaime, Loras Tyrell, Mountain, Victarion, Robert etc.

Z
same with Mountain who losed to Loras Tyrell.
That was jousting, the Mountain would murder Loras in a 1v1 fight, as Varys says himself.

Also Loras cheated in that jousting match by using a mare in heat, knowing that Gregor’s horse would fall prey to it. That is why Gregor kills his horse and almost kills Loras in retaliation.

Loras may be an extremely gifted jouster, he’s an above average swordsman at best. And jousting skills are useless in a 1v1 fight unless you’re fighting on horseback.

Loras doesn’t belong in a discussion of the best knights. He’s probably the best jouster in history though.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
That was jousting, the Mountain would murder Loras in a 1v1 fight, as Varys says himself.

Also Loras cheated in that jousting match by using a mare in heat, knowing that Gregor’s horse would fall prey to it. That is why Gregor kills his horse and almost kills Loras in retaliation.

Loras may be an extremely gifted jouster, he’s an above average swordsman at best. And jousting skills are useless in a 1v1 fight unless you’re fighting on horseback.

Loras doesn’t belong in a discussion of the best knights. He’s probably the best jouster in history though.
Not true. Im books Loras is one of the best Fighters in Westeros said so by Jamie himself

Also Loras cheated in that jousting match by using a mare in heat, knowing that Gregor’s horse would fall prey to if. That is why Gregor kills his horse and almost kills Loras.

Loras may be an extremely gifted jouster, he’s an average swordsman. And jousting skills are useless in a 1v1 fight unless you’re fighting on horseback.
Well, I'm talking now about book Loras....
He defeated four guys from KingsGuard, which is great feature. Also, you jumping in conclusions calling that Mountain would murder Loras, that is not true...
Truth is that Loras fall, but that happened case Mountain break the rules, so he wanted to kill Loras when last one didn't get up on foots.
Now Loras was good as hell, even Jaime recognise Loras skills. Yet, he lose only to Brienna, but that was tought fight, and judging from his age, he could grow a lot. Plus he is smart, that was his all ideas with Margery who should replace Lyanna for Robert. So...I think you could put him in top fighters like Mountain. Plus I believe he lose to Brienna case he was self- confident a lot, his biggest weakness, which made him again siege DragonStone, which turn into victory but with big price to pay.

Z
Not true. Im books Loras is one of the best Fighters in Westeros said so by Jamie himself
Let’s see the quote. I only recall Jaime praising his jousting abilities. Jaime even admits that Loras wouldn’t have been his choice to join the Kingsguard.

Cersei/Jaime said:
“Ser Loras is so Tyrell he pisses rosewater. He should never have been given a white cloak.”

“He would not have been my choice, I'll grant you. No one troubled to consult me. Loras will do well enough, I think. Once a man puts on that cloak, it changes him.”

Drogo was beastly tier, he killed two khals in one time, and got just small injure. His skills arguably was litteraly the best, he could lose for someone like Arthur only case he have that plate armor. Artur Dayne lose to Nedd and guy from swamp...while Drogo never losed any battle, and he won in hundreads.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Literally the only people who can beat Drogo are like, young Robert, the mountain on a good day and....who else? Maybe Rhaegar, Barristan, and Dayne. Maybe. The Dothraki boast about killing armored men all the time.