General & Others Jinbei’s Return: Does it make Big Mom look bad?

A fishman Shichibukai in the middle of an ocean, cannot dive down and run away from a DF-using Yonko?

How much are people underestimating Jinbe? He's a powerful dude in an environment that heavily favours him, and heavily disfavours Big Mom. At the very least he could run away.
Pretty much. People should go to this direction

Jimbei escaping puts a dent on more than Big Mom. It puts a dent on her whole family.
Oven can basically boil the ocean and while you can argue that Jimbei just needs to swim really deep i personally think it is a really dumb thing to do and if Oda does it it will leave a sour taste in my mouth
Like I said, Oven got defeated, and that's why he's absent alongside Cracker and Katakuri.

Considering that Jinbei got away completely unscathed, does it ruin Big Mom’s hype?(Even more I mean)
Did Big Mom have hype? Her and Kaido are pretty much just dopes.

He tanked shit. A second one would have ended him and Akainu even said it. If not for Croc he and Luffy would be dead
You realize that same attack took half of Whitebeard's skull off and killed Ace? He blocked the first, and survived the second with his back to Akainu.